We lost...

OH well...

guitar-smash-o.gif

Still First in the Central...

tumblr_ojam4g6u361uhf9oxo9_400.gif

Reactions: Jets 31

Do or Die

Jun 28, 2011
Nice that we bumped it up an extra gear, in the 3rd. But really needed to pop the clutch, much earlier, in this one......

Neuf

Leaving HFBoards for now
Dec 17, 2016
That Laine goal was too nice. Need more of that. Connor was a half step behind or overthinking or something. Copp, Roslo, Armia has real potential. Matthias is not contributing. I think CWL is cracking

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
We've got a few players who just arent effective on the rush, especially with all those Chicago active sticks flying around. I know guys hate dump and chase, but we needed to do more of it last night. Even a guy like Wheeler would have been more effective with the d&c last night. Matthias and Hendricks should always dump.
i sort of agree. D&C wasn't the solution, but the messed up 3 on 1 epitomised what was wrong. looking for the perfect pass, esp against a garbage goalie, was just silly.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
All i want for Laine is to shoot the puck more , like all the time . It's his best asset and one of the absolute best in the NHL , shoot first ask questions after . :laugh:

Reactions: Scheifelaine

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
H
All i want for Laine is to shoot the puck more , like all the time . It's his best asset and one of the absolute best in the NHL , shoot first ask questions after . :laugh:
e needs to be more confident. I only saw parts of the third but he looked totally different out there. Kind of like wheeler’s determination with Laines skill. He needs to play like that all the time and he’ll be a monster.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
It's funny that this season is the polar opposite of last year.

Jets at the top of the division but can't beat the lowly Hawks :laugh:

I like it this way better, even though I hate losing.

Peggy

Aug 6, 2016
anyone think wheeler should've passed it right back to laine when they won the face off in the offensive with the goalie pulled?

Jun 15, 2013
Winnipeg
He was playing ice hockey with his buddies, setting them up for good scoring chances and ripping one off the post himself ;)

Laine had 5 shots in the entire Chicago game, four of which occurred in the last 5 minutes of the game.

He also only hit the post once, exactly at the 5 minute mark which began the 5 minute of very strong play that begat my post "where was he the rest of the game?"

He was invisible the remainder of the game. If it wasn't for the his strong play in the last 5 minutes, he would have finished dead last amongst all Jets forwards in Corsi.

Farmboy Patty

Senior Hockey Analyst
Nov 2, 2017
Laine had 5 shots in the entire Chicago game, four of which occurred in the last 5 minutes of the game.

He also only hit the post once, exactly at the 5 minute mark which began the 5 minute of very strong play that begat my post "where was he the rest of the game?"

He was invisible the remainder of the game. If it wasn't for the his strong play in the last 5 minutes, he would have finished dead last amongst all Jets forwards in Corsi.
Well that is your subjective view. Even though the whole team was a mess for a good portion of the game, Laine did pretty well IMO. You know, a player can have a good game without registering even a single shot on net.

Jun 15, 2013
Winnipeg
Well that is your subjective view. Even though the whole team was a mess for a good portion of the game, Laine did pretty well IMO. You know, a player can have a good game without registering even a single shot on net.

What are you going on about?

The point was that he clearly played out of his mind the last 5 minutes. You disagree? You'd be in the minority...some assorted comments...

"Laine just about breaks glass!" "LAINE!!!!" "HOLY **** LAINE" "29. Thanks!" "LAINE!!!!!!" "There we go Laine.. Nice snipe." "Wow. Now that was special!" "Laine breaks glass!" "LAINE!!!!!!" "There you go Laine!! Thats what we need from you." "Holy **** what a beaut by Patty! Dangle and snipe with time to go here!" "PATTY! that had some hate to back it up!" "Omg laine that was sick" "Laine's feeling it." "I have been ripping on Laine all night and he does that!" "Yeah Laine!" "Laine playing with some heat." "Laine went beast mode in the third" "Needed that last 4 minutes anytime in the first 56." "Laine looked lethal at the end" "Won’t win many games playing 10 minutes of hockey" "4 minute effort" "Laine's goal was so filthy nice, an old-fashioned bar down. With a bit of luck he could have had a couple in that last period." "Damn, Laine and the first line were pretty bad all game and then Laine pulled off a worldie and suddenly his balls quadrupled in size for the last 3 minutes of the game. When that kid gets confident, holyyy.." "Laine looked real good in the 3rd - that's my take away on this game" "Laine really came out of his sleep and looked "lethal" in the 3rd period, and just about tied it up for us."

My eye test told me he was invisible for 55 minutes. The stats also back that up. As already mentioned only the last 5 minutes saved him from being at the bottom of Corsi.

NHL.com - Stats

Last edited:

Farmboy Patty

Senior Hockey Analyst
Nov 2, 2017
What are you going on about?

The point was that he clearly played out of his mind the last 5 minutes. You disagree? You'd be in the minority...some assorted comments...

"Laine just about breaks glass!" "LAINE!!!!" "HOLY **** LAINE" "29. Thanks!" "LAINE!!!!!!" "There we go Laine.. Nice snipe." "Wow. Now that was special!" "Laine breaks glass!" "LAINE!!!!!!" "There you go Laine!! Thats what we need from you." "Holy **** what a beaut by Patty! Dangle and snipe with time to go here!" "PATTY! that had some hate to back it up!" "Omg laine that was sick" "Laine's feeling it." "I have been ripping on Laine all night and he does that!" "Yeah Laine!" "Laine playing with some heat." "Laine went beast mode in the third" "Needed that last 4 minutes anytime in the first 56." "Laine looked lethal at the end" "Won’t win many games playing 10 minutes of hockey" "4 minute effort" "Laine's goal was so filthy nice, an old-fashioned bar down. With a bit of luck he could have had a couple in that last period." "Damn, Laine and the first line were pretty bad all game and then Laine pulled off a worldie and suddenly his balls quadrupled in size for the last 3 minutes of the game. When that kid gets confident, holyyy.." "Laine looked real good in the 3rd - that's my take away on this game" "Laine really came out of his sleep and looked "lethal" in the 3rd period, and just about tied it up for us."

My eye test told me he was invisible for 55 minutes. The stats also back that up. As already mentioned only the last 5 minutes saved him from being at the bottom of Corsi.

NHL.com - Stats

QUOTE]
I do watch the Jets games. Every single one this season actually. There are lots of things going on in a hockey game that a quick glance at the stats won't tell you. Your opinion differs from mine and that's fine. If you didn't notice him for 55 minutes, then you didn't. I am btw much more than a fanboy of one player, although my name is a tribute to the 2 players that will hopefully carry this team to playoff success for many years

Last edited by a moderator:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->