1-1 vs vancouver
2-0 vs colorado
2-0 vs florida
2-0 for carolina
1-1 vs edmonton
1-1 vs boston
1-1 vs l.a
2-0 vs tampa
were in a stretch of 4-7-1 vs playoff teams where we didn't have a lot of our top players for some of those games...
The thing with that is many of those wins were when the Jets were play at a completely different level. Whether they can can get back to that remains to be seen.

The way the Avalanche are playing, I wouldn’t be surprised to see them win the next 2 against the Jets.They have reached another level and that team comes at you in waves at high speed.

Watching the Avalanche/ Oilers game the other night made me wish our team could generate high danger scoring chance at will like they seem to. That level of play will be tough to match.

Reactions: hn777

RustyCat

Registered homie
Dec 29, 2014
Winnipeg
Even though it was a blow out on the scorecard I felt that there were way too many defensive lapses by the Jets, especially in the 1st but also in the other two periods.

Happy to get the win but we gotta clean that up because teams like the Bruins or Rangers or Dallas have the talent to make us pay.

Thought Gus had a good game and was very happy to see the team recognize Stan with a jacket.I have been critical of that dude but he did well.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
The thing with that is many of those wins were when the Jets were play at a completely different level. Whether they can can get back to that remains to be seen.

The way the Avalanche are playing, I wouldn’t be surprised to see them win the next 2 against the Jets.They have reached another level and that team comes at you in waves at high speed.

Watching the Avalanche/ Oilers game the other night made me wish our team could generate high danger scoring chance at will like they seem to. That level of play will be tough to match.
I would agree with you, i think the Jets have 2 things in their favor over both those teams though. We have better 3rd and 4th lines and better goaltending . Going to be some very good hockey though that's for sure.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
much like the Ducks game an expected ass-kicking. hopefully they build off momentum from these two games & parlay it into a tougher stretch coming up.

Toffoli and Ehlers look great together. if there's a "break-glass" situation, id be interesting seeing them w/ scheifele to see how those 3 read off each other.

Exactly, he's had a hot start with the team and is the new shiny toy but there is a lot more to the story to be written this year before we start throwing around contracts.
i think you still see the offensive instincts, and shot on display though. i do agree the production is a bit of a virtue of the competition - the Ducks and CBJ are both terribad.

Toffoli has played on 5 (going on 6) teams since 2019 & seems to score pretty well at each stop.

The prospect pool strength is supposed to be at wing though. if he is re-signed, your top-6 wings are pretty much set & still need to find a legit formidable 2C. I haven't looked at CapFriendly for a while though to see how it fits.

Last edited:

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Call me Crazy, but I would like to see Stan in on Tuesday.
Me too. Swap 88 for 54 - though that does cause some issues with sides. I wouldn't be against sitting pionk and bringing in Miller but I think Neal is part of the never scratch group.

Sure. But Toffoli will be 32 next month. How long do you sign him for?
Monahan doesn't hit 30 until Oct. but with his health record you have to be concerned with signing him for too much, too long too.
I think Monahans injury history is a bit misinterpreted. Most of it comes from his hip/ core issue and it looks like it's resolved.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
much like the Ducks game an expected ass-kicking. hopefully they build off momentum from these two games & parlay it into a tougher stretch coming up.

Toffoli and Ehlers look great together. if there's a "break-glass" situation, id be interesting seeing them w/ scheifele to see how those 3 read off each other.

i think you still see the offensive instincts, and shot on display though. i do agree the production is a bit of a virtue of the competition - the Ducks and CBJ are both terribad.

Toffoli has played on 5 (going on 6) teams since 2019 & seems to score pretty well at each stop.
The thing i like the most about Toffoli is he shoots the puck, i think sometimes we look pass too much. Would love to see Scheifele shoot a little more.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
The thing i like the most about Toffoli is he shoots the puck, i think sometimes we look pass too much. Would love to see Scheifele shoot a little more.
he and ehlers both love to shoot, but ehlers' play making gets hella underrated i feel on here. he routinely has some real sick passes. & yeah scheifele has a great shot as well but barely uses it. he's shot over 15% every year since 2016 but over 200 SOGs 1x.

TS Quint

I can see!
Sep 8, 2012
Stanley won’t do anything to stop any potential Rempe cheap shots. Stanley isn’t even the most physical defenseman we have and is not a good fighter.
You should treat Rempe like the rest of the goons like Reeves, Lucic etc. ignore them. Let them take penalties and skate away.

Putting Stan in to fight Rempe is some Paul Maurice level shit. Like when the Jets would play Reeves when he was on the Blues. Dumbass would HAVE to have Thorburn in so the Jets can play the same game as the Blues but WORSE and that was the game plan. Just put a better hockey player in the line up and play better hockey.

jokesondee

I’m not fat. I’m cultivating mass.
Feb 23, 2018
Winnipeg
I really really really want to finish 1st in the Central but i just dont see it happening. Dallas' schedule is just so butter soft and they just never lose to bottom feeders.

You should treat Rempe like the rest of the goons like Reeves, Lucic etc. ignore them. Let them take penalties and skate away.

Putting Stan in to fight Rempe is some Paul Maurice level shit. Like when the Jets would play Reeves when he was on the Blues. Dumbass would HAVE to have Thorburn in so the Jets can play the same game as the Blues but WORSE and that was the game plan. Just put a better hockey player in the line up and play better hockey.
Stanley would get knocked the F out. For as big as he is he's not much of a fighter. Itll probably be Dillon or Lowry that takes him on.

Weezeric

Jan 27, 2015
I really really really want to finish 1st in the Central but i just dont see it happening. Dallas' schedule is just so butter soft and they just never lose to bottom feeders.

They never lose to bottom feeders….

*checks their recent games*

Lose to New Jersey, NY Islanders, Ottawa. Give up 6 goals in a game to the Sharks and can’t beat them in regulation.

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada

Agreed. Rempe isn't an NHL player. It's hard to watch.

Reactions: roccerfeller

jokesondee

I’m not fat. I’m cultivating mass.
Feb 23, 2018
Winnipeg

Lose to New Jersey, NY Islanders, Ottawa. Give up 6 goals in a game to the Sharks and can’t beat them in regulation.
Obviously never was being facetious, but they more often than not take care of business. Point is their schedule is easier than ours. Were going to need to beat some very good teams and get some help to finish ahead of them.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida

No no, that can't be right. Only the Jets lose to non playoff teams. HF Jets told me so.

Obviously never was being facetious, but they more often than not take care of business. Point is their schedule is easier than ours. Were going to need to beat some very good teams and get some help to finish ahead of them.
Good then let's do it.

I actually don't like playing bottom feeders at this time of year. It develops bad habits.

The Jets have to remember prevention wins playoff games.

We have the talent to cash in on our opportunities

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
Yup, Dallas has lots of time between games compared to the Jets. The Avs schedule isn't as harsh as the Jets but worse than Dallas' schedule.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Goes to show you how good Chevy is. Every time he goes out to get someone or trade someone, he comes up with a player that most of us never considered. His record is fantastic, with a couple of minor exceptions.
this is Toffoli's 6th team in 5 years so it's not like this is some unknown player. he's been on the block effectively every season. many were considering Toffoli on here or through WPG media (ie: Murat) as an addition.

jungles

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2011
I am weirdly excited for the game on Tuesday. My pessimist self tells me our recent record against playoff teams means this will be a disaster, but if Helle is back on form and the team has had a chance to gel around the new guys, it should be a good game. If we could march in there and steal one, I think that goes a long way to convincing the fans, and perhaps the team itself, that we might actually have something here.

Even a well played loss would be a positive sign (future @jungles , this is for you).

Reactions: Dirtbag151

Inanna

Maybe this year...
Sponsor
Aug 29, 2022
Looks like I missed a nice beatdown since I opted for a green celebration at the Pony with too many Guinness, too much food and a decent band called Dadbod. Feeling so horrible this morning that I haven't even watched the Jets highlights yet. I'm going to do a little Facebook catch-up and go back to bed.

Delighted to learn that the Jets officially locked up a playoff spot last night. Hooray! Call me when this headache goes away.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I think Monahans injury history is a bit misinterpreted. Most of it comes from his hip/ core issue and it looks like it's resolved.

True, but it has had an effect on him. It has slowed him down. Point simply being that we need to keep our expectations real.

Based on what we have seen so far, I would be happy to re-sign him for something like 3 years, 10-11 mil. Subject to change over the rest of the season & PO of course. I wouldn't go overboard on either term or AAV just based on a small sample.

Reactions: 10Ducky10
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad