Post-Game Talk: Jets 6 - CBJ 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

SimpleSimon

Nov 9, 2016
Winnipeg, MB
Yeah, but those teams will not be in the playoffs. The Jets will be and will face teams in the playoffs that we can’t seem to defeat in the regular season, especially as we approach the playoffs. Vancouver, Dallas and Nashville.

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
Yeah, but those teams will not be in the playoffs. The Jets will be and will face teams in the playoffs that we can’t seem to defeat in the regular season, especially as we approach the playoffs. Vancouver, Dallas and Nashville.
we've beaten plenty of good teams this season
1-1 vs vancouver
2-0 vs colorado
2-0 vs florida
2-0 for carolina
1-1 vs edmonton
1-1 vs boston
1-1 vs l.a
2-0 vs tampa
were in a stretch of 4-7-1 vs playoff teams where we didn't have a lot of our top players for some of those games...

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
Okay lets go with the top 2 teams in each division Bos/Fla ... NYR/Canes ... Stars/Avs ... Canucks/Oilers. The Jets record vs them is 9-5-1
Try again ... next negative comment ... let me guess if the Jets win the Stanley Cup you would come back with yeah but can they win it 2 years in arow.

SimpleSimon

Nov 9, 2016
Winnipeg, MB
I was looking at this last stretch of the season. The team that wins the cup will likely be one of the top 5 or maybe 6 in the league. But also has their best part of the season in the playoffs. All in all the Jets are playing well now. It is just that I can’t seem to shake off this feeling that they are just a bit below what they were just prior to the all star break. Anyway, hey seem to be playing well now. Even though we are beating bottom dwellers, we are throttling them which is a good showing of how good they are. Those bottom teams are NHL teams after all.

razorsedge

Oct 19, 2006
Pooh approves of the shalacking.
OIG1 (1).jpeg

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
Didn't even watch this one as I knew it would be like this. Columbus is not just bad, they are horribad. Such a stench around that team hope they can turn it around somehow.

Reactions: sipowicz

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
For me I’d want to only sign Toffolli. Arniel seems like he doesn’t have the same reservations Bones does with players lacking as much experience.

Sure. But Toffoli will be 32 next month. How long do you sign him for?
Monahan doesn't hit 30 until Oct. but with his health record you have to be concerned with signing him for too much, too long too.

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
Wanting to sign Toffoli now is based on a sample size tinier than his eyes.

Let's see how the rest of the regular season and playoffs go before deciding who we want to keep
Exactly, he's had a hot start with the team and is the new shiny toy but there is a lot more to the story to be written this year before we start throwing around contracts.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Okay lets go with the top 2 teams in each division Bos/Fla ... NYR/Canes ... Stars/Avs ... Canucks/Oilers. The Jets record vs them is 9-5-1
Try again ... next negative comment ... let me guess if the Jets win the Stanley Cup you would come back with yeah but can they win it 2 years in arow.

Earlier in the season we were beating the better teams and losing to the weaker ones. We have managed to start beating the teams we should beat. Now lets see if we can also get back to winning against the better ones.

We haven't done well against PO bound teams lately, but that is a small sample. It doesn't indicate what will happen next.

Reactions: Snowboy

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
Monahan doesn't hit 30 until Oct. but with his health record you have to be concerned with signing him for too much, too long too.
I mean we can't keep making the same mistake over and over and let guys walk who have chemistry with Ehlers... Toffoli two years (or up to 4 if you need to waste a couple years)

Monahan 4-5 years - and bite the bullet with injuries... he sure looks like he's recovered this year

WolfgangPuck

May 12, 2012
Would like to see Stan in for the Rangers game.
Rempel should be finished his suspension and might be in the lineup

Reactions: Hobble

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
Both should be under $5 M each but how many players over 30 can you have on a team plus you have good prospects waiting to come up.
Term is going to be the key.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
Listening to the Columbus feed wow ... nothing by praise from them.
They were saying the Jets are the best team that they have seen this year. They are fast ... they are big ... they are skilled and they loaded up for the playoffs.
This is why I don't understand why the negative comments on here if the Jets have an off night or the other team is having a great night.
I can show you EVERY single top team has had bad games even the Stanley winners have had bad games in the playoffs. Heck remember last year's champs ... they got hosed their first playoff game 5-1.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Both should be under $5 M each but how many players over 30 can you have on a team plus you have good prospects waiting to come up.
Term is going to be the key.

Monahan should be well under 5. Toffoli not so much. He is on a 38 G pace going into UFA. I think he gets 6+ but I'm not at all certain about term. Will someone give him 4 years? I wouldn't, some GM might.

Reactions: hn777

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I mean we can't keep making the same mistake over and over and let guys walk who have chemistry with Ehlers... Toffoli two years (or up to 4 if you need to waste a couple years)

Monahan 4-5 years - and bite the bullet with injuries... he sure looks like he's recovered this year

Lets see how they perform the rest of the year.

I wouldn't commit too much term. We have some very promising players in the pipeline. Lets not repeat the mistake of blocking them.

johnnyonthspot

Apr 1, 2012
You do know that Columbus beat the Rangers 4-2 last month plus they also beat the Rangers 5-3 earlier in the season and the Rangers needed a shootout to beat CBJ 4-3 ... so the lesser opponent Columbus record vs the Rangers is 2-1-1.
You do know the Jets record since January vs playoff teams is 4-7-1.
I want them to beat them. I am concerned that the things you can get away with vs weaker teams; you cannot vs a Rangers team.
There are also some teams that just have other teams numbers.

Reactions: hn777
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad