Status
Not open for further replies.

macmaroon

Winnipeg Jets fan since 1972
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2011
Winnipeg Manitoba
www.macmaroon.com
Another solid game by the Jets, just wish Hellebuyck could have got a shutout. A real test is next against the Rags, so we will see if this win was just against a bad team, or the Jets are starting to come around. I give this game five Lucky Leprechauns out of five...

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

The Prediction Contest thread for the game against the Rags has been posted for your guesses. A big thank you to @AlphaLackey who has signed up to make the GDT for that contest. We all look forward to it! See you Tuesday! Good night...

giphy.gif

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
At some point we will have to do a Jennings watch, the trophy given out to the goalie(s) allowing the fewest goals against throughout the regular season. Helly and LB are in the lead, but the hitch is LB needs 25 games to qualify. That would require him getting 7 of the final 15 games.
I think he get the Islanders and Capitals on this trip so 5 more, it's doable. That leaves 10 games, maybe not

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Even without the goal, Stan had a solid game.

Hmmmm, might get a Stanley jersey.
Well ...... no, I won't.:laugh:
But he has shown that he can handle a #7/8 role if needed.

Nice win and i just might think Spicolli will be a good addition. :naughty: Now we boogie-woogie.

I would say he has already been a great addition :nod: and love the nickname.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Well, we're shitkicking teams that we oughtta shitkick, which is good

I'm curious to see what happens Tuesday. Does Bones leave this line up together after two dominant performances vs weaker oppo to see what it can do against a contender?

Worst case scenario is you leave things as are and lose, which opens the door for some changes

If he wants to keep rewarding Stanley for good play - and resting others, he needs to sit Dillon and play Snerg on the 2nd pair.

Reactions: Puckatron 3000

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
I realize people want to extend Toffoli and even Monahan, but I'm a little worried about what their games would look like if they lost a step. Both are early 30s

They've both been awesome acquisitions, and I wonder how Chevy's depth chart looks for the next few seasons with Rutger and Lambert knocking on the door as middle six wingers and Ehlers and Connor both nearing the ends of their respective deals

johnnyonthspot

Apr 1, 2012
Rangers will be much tougher on Tuesday, but you put the points in the bank as you can.
I cannot see them beating the Rangers after playing two lesseer opponents. I wish they had NJD first but at least they have a break in between

StumpyTown

Sep 26, 2016
Didn't like their first period, but they really turned it up and grew better as the game progressed. Stanley had a decent game, but that pairing has issues in their own end. Need to have Miller or Samberg in, not having them both sit. Didn't like having Lowry and Appleton to start the 4 on 4, but Bowness loves his grinders.

All in all, not many complaints to be had. The next game will be a stiffer test. Can they beat a playoff team this time?
Not to disparage the Blue Jackets or the Ducks, but those two teams are the specific reason they could afford to play Stan and Schmitty for these two games. I think it is a good thing for Miller to have a couple of games in the pressbox to learn from the analytical view of the game too. He'll be better for it. Samberg and Miller will probably both be back in in New York.

Aggie204

Expect the worst, you’ll never be disappointed.
Sep 11, 2015
East St Paul, MB
I realize people want to extend Toffoli and even Monahan, but I'm a little worried about what their games would look like if they lost a step. Both are early 30s

They've both been awesome acquisitions, and I wonder how Chevy's depth chart looks for the next few seasons with Rutger and Lambert knocking on the door as middle six wingers and Ehlers and Connor both nearing the ends of their respective deals
For me I’d want to only sign Toffolli. Arniel seems like he doesn’t have the same reservations Bones does with players lacking as much experience.

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
I cannot see them beating the Rangers after playing two lesseer opponents. I wish they had NJD first but at least they have a break in between
You do know that Columbus beat the Rangers 4-2 last month plus they also beat the Rangers 5-3 earlier in the season and the Rangers needed a shootout to beat CBJ 4-3 ... so the lesser opponent Columbus record vs the Rangers is 2-1-1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad