Post-Game Talk: Jets 6 - CBJ 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stumbledore

Jan 1, 2018
Canada
Looks like I missed a nice beatdown since I opted for a green celebration at the Pony with too many Guinness, too much food and a decent band called Dadbod. Feeling so horrible this morning that I haven't even watched the Jets highlights yet. I'm going to do a little Facebook catch-up and go back to bed.

Delighted to learn that the Jets officially locked up a playoff spot last night. Hooray! Call me when this headache goes away.
Young-uns need to learn more about liquor.

The first thing to remember is that the darker your drink, the worse your headache next day. Better stick to Coors Lite.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
I was hoping the Jets stayed relatively under the radar. But when they're this good it's hard to not get hype. Hope they don't get "fat and comfy" as Lowry put it a few years ago.

Reactions: Stumbledore

B33R LEAGUE

"Just another day at the office" -Byfuglien
May 19, 2021
Listening to the Columbus feed wow ... nothing by praise from them.
They were saying the Jets are the best team that they have seen this year. They are fast ... they are big ... they are skilled and they loaded up for the playoffs.
This is why I don't understand why the negative comments on here if the Jets have an off night or the other team is having a great night.
I can show you EVERY single top team has had bad games even the Stanley winners have had bad games in the playoffs. Heck remember last year's champs ... they got hosed their first playoff game 5-1.

I think everyone realizes this is the best team weve had since 2017.

And perhaps the best opportunity to win a cup since the team arrived in Winnipeg.

The expectation has certainly changed, and the bar has been raised by all (Management, Coaching Staff, Players, and yes, the fanbase as well).

We all know how this team can play, and so its tough to watch them underperform when playing fellow elite teams.

The praise will come once they actually achieve something worth praising.

I think the standard around here is a 3rd round playoff, but standards vary depending on who you ask and i certainly cant speak for everyone.

Reactions: Inanna and DRW204

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
I think everyone realizes this is the best team weve had since 2017.

And perhaps the best opportunity to win a cup since the team arrived in Winnipeg.

The expectation has certainly changed, and the bar has been raised by all (Management, Coaching Staff, Players, and yes, the fanbase as well).

We all know how this team can play, and so its tough to watch them underperform when playing fellow elite teams.

The praise will come once they actually achieve something worth praising.

I think the standard around here is a 3rd round playoff, but standards vary depending on who you ask and i certainly cant speak for everyone.

Stanley cup or bust for me this year but I also realize how difficult that will be and I won't be demanding the head of our management or coach if we get bounced in the 1st either

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
Stanley cup or bust for me this year but I also realize how difficult that will be and I won't be demanding the head of our management or coach if we get bounced in the 1st either
Pretty large swing of the pendulum for me. I was expecting a rebuilding year, playing lots of rookies and a losing record. The signing of 55 and 37 started the swing back pretty quickly.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Listening to the Columbus feed wow ... nothing by praise from them.
They were saying the Jets are the best team that they have seen this year. They are fast ... they are big ... they are skilled and they loaded up for the playoffs.
This is why I don't understand why the negative comments on here if the Jets have an off night or the other team is having a great night.
I can show you EVERY single top team has had bad games even the Stanley winners have had bad games in the playoffs. Heck remember last year's champs ... they got hosed their first playoff game 5-1.

Agree - but that doesn't mean there shouldn't be negative comments here following a bad game, or even when 1 player makes a bad play.

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Looks like I missed a nice beatdown since I opted for a green celebration at the Pony with too many Guinness, too much food and a decent band called Dadbod. Feeling so horrible this morning that I haven't even watched the Jets highlights yet. I'm going to do a little Facebook catch-up and go back to bed.

Delighted to learn that the Jets officially locked up a playoff spot last night. Hooray! Call me when this headache goes away.
They haven't officially clinched a playoff spot, don't want to get to far ahead of ourselves. No team has yet. It's VERY likely the jets have secured a playoff spot but anything can happen. Probably within 2-3 weeks they will if they are 0.500

Last edited:
Reactions: SLAYER and Jets 31

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
The thing with that is many of those wins were when the Jets were play at a completely different level. Whether they can can get back to that remains to be seen.

The way the Avalanche are playing, I wouldn’t be surprised to see them win the next 2 against the Jets.They have reached another level and that team comes at you in waves at high speed.

Watching the Avalanche/ Oilers game the other night made me wish our team could generate high danger scoring chance at will like they seem to. That level of play will be tough to match.

I agree that Jets need to tighten up. I'm not too worried by recent losses to good teams. They have been decimated by whatever bug they have been sharing. That appears to be past now. If they get back to that attention to detail they had earlier they can beat any team. Of course it will be tough.

robertocarlos

Sep 19, 2014
Big Stan should be in for the Rangers game but it has absolutely nothing to do with Rempe. Stan is playing well. Both Stan and Rempe are terrible fighters so that won't be the fight. The main event will be Ehlers vs. Breadman.

PS. When is Gatorade going to be made in a green colour?

Inanna

Maybe this year...
Sponsor
Aug 29, 2022

Inanna

Maybe this year...
Sponsor
Aug 29, 2022
Young-uns need to learn more about liquor.

The first thing to remember is that the darker your drink, the worse your headache next day. Better stick to Coors Lite.
Coors Lite with its special ingredient, K9P, does not qualify as beer in my stomach. If that was the only beer choice, I'd switch to cider.

I know all I need to know to about liquor, thanks. What I need to learn is when not to throw knowledge and common sense aside. Too much (free) Guinness was the least of my sins last night, even with my devices out and my pink little plugs in. Thankfully, the Irish holiday comes only once a year.

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
Monkeypuck claims that several teams have secured a playoff spot, according to this:

NHL Playoff Odds -MoneyPuck 2024 Playoff & Cup Odds
Its not official because technically if one of these teams Flames, Kraken, Blues or Wild goes 14-0 to 16-0 they can make the playoffs but all the Jets have to do is win 5 games to make it official or the 4 mentioned teams lose 5 games.
Also not taken into consideration is that these 4 teams play each so someone is going to lose.

jokesondee

I’m not fat. I’m cultivating mass.
Feb 23, 2018
Winnipeg
Monkeypuck claims that several teams have secured a playoff spot, according to this:

NHL Playoff Odds -MoneyPuck 2024 Playoff & Cup Odds
I'd love to know how these guys come up with their percentages. Like how in the actual F do the Tampa Bay Lightning have a 2% better chance to win the cup than us?? Not to mention Carolina having the best odds to win the cup, more than double Florida.

Reactions: thereturn

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
I'd love to know how these guys come up with their percentages. Like how in the actual F do the Tampa Bay Lightning have a 2% better chance to win the cup than us?? Not to mention Carolina having the best odds to win the cup, more than double Florida.
I think they do from the number of bets placed on teams ... if everyone bet on the Jets they would be the #1 favorites.

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
They're models, they take into account a bunch of different things.

Reactions: SLAYER and DRW204

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
I think they do from the number of bets placed on teams ... if everyone bet on the Jets they would be the #1 favorites.
This exactly. Sports betting is all about the action any one team gets, not the actual odds of a team winning. The most popular teams with the biggest fan bases will be over bet and rise to favourites. With corresponding lower odds.

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
This exactly. Sports betting is all about the action any one team gets, not the actual odds of a team winning. The most popular teams with the biggest fan bases will be over bet and rise to favourites. With corresponding lower odds.
Betting does not factor into Money Puck's model.

Reactions: Inanna and SLAYER
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $5,220.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino