Status
Not open for further replies.

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
Coelacanth of the game:

#62 Nino Niederreiter

Good game old horse. Every once in a while he comes up with a massive game. The guy is just too big to shove out of the crease. Soft hands plus size = goalz.

bb230301bb039.jpg

indonesia_coelacanth_2.jpg

johnnyonthspot

Apr 1, 2012
I think Bro gets the game tomorrow.

He's had some strong starts and even if we're too lose Minne won't gain on us.

I can't imagine playing that game then going on a plane and doing it all again in less that 24 hours.

Nhl hockey players are warriors
Could be worse they could have to take a bus 😂 but I agree playing and then both teams travel seems like an odd wY to treat pro players and more importantly the paying public as the game will not be as good as it could be with proper rest.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

DeepFrickinValue

Formally Ruffus
May 14, 2015
Coelacanth of the game:

#62 Nino Niederreiter

Good game old horse. Every once in a while he comes up with a massive game. The guy is just too big to shove out of the crease. Soft hands plus size = goalz.

View attachment 792891

View attachment 792896
People forget Nino was a #5 overall pick.

Always hated playing Minnesota the last few years when he was with them.

Puckatron 3000

Glitchy Prototype
Feb 4, 2014
Offensive Zone
People forget Nino was a #5 overall pick.

Always hated playing Minnesota the last few years when he was with them.
Agree on hating playing against Nino when he was with the wrong team. But draft pedigree doesn't hold much water for me, compared to what you actually bring once the chips are down. And in fact, instead of being a high draft pick prima donna, Nino is just like, I'm going to grind out the best 3rd line scorer role I can be, because that's where I am now, and the team is so much better for it. Guy doesn't have an ounce of ego, but does have a pound of... awesome.

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
Crap! I just got home from visiting family, and I restarted the game from the beginning, so I'm behind. And like a total moron I go to HFJets and see the final score. Well, this will be an unclenched viewing of the 3rd period.

Jets are playing well. f***ing gawd damn Nino, if there is a single thing to point to as a change of culture for the Jets, it's either him, or Lowry as captain.

But I just came here after watching the 2nd period intermission interview with Schmitty. I know he's a big heavy contract for an older guy, which makes him sometimes maligned by us asshole fans who all think we're moneypuck maestros, but man do I just really like him as a human. Really happy for his recent success and uptick in his game.

GJG
Re: moneypuck maestroes... I believe it came up during that interview that the Samberg - Schmidt pairing leads the NHL is xGA

I mentionned in a another thread that snerg deserves more attention as a shutdown dynamo... and I guess so does Nate

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Looks like Kaprizov went down to drawn a penalty ... clearly you can see the crosscheck was to the padding.

Wild fans going wild lol:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:.
View attachment 792875

You think he left a tight game to sell a penalty?

Ehlers better play with eyes in the back of his head tomorrow. Im sure Fartman will be looking to take out the smallest guy on the ice with a cheap shot in retaliation for Kaprizov being hurt.
Half expecting an Ehlers-Hartman fight tomorrow.

Reactions: hn777 and thereturn

Gil Fisher

Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg
I agree that it looked like he hurt himself trying to embelish a penalty. At the very least, he recoiled from a crosscheck to thw hip and hurt his knee in the process.

Inanna

Maybe this year...
Sponsor
Aug 29, 2022
Sorry you have toxicity directed at you.
I haven't done a statistical comparison (and have no idea how) but I'll wager that the toxic masculinity directed at me privately in here is at a lower level than in the world at large.

Really sorry that you have to endure that kind of BS.
I haven't done a statistical comparison (and have no idea how) but I'll wager that the toxic masculinity directed at me privately in here is at a lower level than in the world at large.

Is it just me or is there an echo echo echo in here tonight tonight tonight?

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016

Is it just me or is there an echo echo echo in here tonight tonight tonight?
I can’t do anything about the greater toxicity other than do my best and emphathize when someone mentions it which is what I’m trying to do when you mentioned toxic messages.

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
I didn't get to watch the game and just now saw the video of the "dirty play". Lmao, is that the softest dirty play I've ever seen people throwing a tantrum about? Yes, yes it is. Wow.....
Kaprizov is simply redeeming his Karma coupons,he’s a chippy player who likes to do the sneaky stuff but can’t take it when he’s the recipient.
Can’t stand him.

GeorgeJETson

Hnidy probably has us on his no trade list
Sponsor
Sep 30, 2016
There's at least 4 other females in here, that I know of, and two have chosen to keep their status confidential.

Given some of the toxic attacks that arrive in private messages, it might be a wise thing to do.

To every female poster who has had to experience this: my sincerest apologies - no one should have to put up with this.

And to whomever has sent such toxic BS, you can french kiss and suck on my
ee335133-a261-45c0-a8e6-8855691b21e1_text.gif

DeepFrickinValue

Formally Ruffus
May 14, 2015
God I hated Niederraiter on Minne.

He's one of those good guys who isn't a dirt bag but has a ton of grit.

Bet the wild wish they never let him go.
Always thought Nino was a first line player on Minny. His names was mentioned so much during the game.

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Looks like Kaprizov went down to drawn a penalty ... clearly you can see the crosscheck was to the padding.

Wild fans going wild lol:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:.
View attachment 792875

Awesome grammar by this guy: "refs should be shameful for not calling anything" lol. Did you perhaps mean "refs should be ashamed for not calling anything"? "it's shameful the refs didn't call anything" would also work.

Always thought Nino was a first line player on Minny. His names was mentioned so much during the game.
Dennis Beyak LOVED saying his full name, maybe it made it seem like he played more than he did 🤔

tbone1968

Sep 1, 2017
Texas hill country
So I never watch the boneheads on SN on Saturday but I made an exception tonight after an afternoon game by a Canadian team. I'm watching to see when/ if they mention the game earlier this afternoon by a Canadian team. No surprise it's Leafs for the first 8 then shilling for a betting site then back to Leafs and then a Briand'Amour interview. Now we move on to the Canadians and some more Canadiens and a Maurice interview. 18 minutes in an apparently the Jets didn't play this afternoon, Sarah Nurse after the break maybe she knows that a Canadian team played this afternoon. We are back more drivel from McLean and Nurse has joined the set they all seem happy as they are going to talk women's hockey blah blah blah blah. 25 minutes in the Jets game must of been a dream but I find it sad that on a coast to coast broadcast in Canada that they would fail to mention the game that happened this afternoon by a Canadian team. Nice set though big picture I'm glad I never watch these idiots. SN sucks
When woke meets hockey. And no one there gives a F about western Canadian clubs especially Winnipeg. They can all hold hands and go take a flying f***. Give me grapes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad