Post-Game Talk: Jets 4 - TB Maulers 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deno

Nov 9, 2022
This game could of been easily been a lost with so many players coming off of IR. Instead the Jets won anyways. What happens if this team begins to play all on the same page once the injured players get a few games under their belt?
Are the Jets finally the team we thought they were 2 years ago?

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
I thought Pionk had a good game considering how much he is trashed in around here. Who does everyone thinks gets the next game Samberg or Heinola?
I'm as susceptible to noticing the bad more than the good as much as anyone and a few times Pionk was just baffling me. He seemed to be out there for a lot of Tampa's golden opportunities...

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Not the best game by the Jets but I'll take the 2 points. The Jets made the most of their special team oppotunities and held TBL off the scoresheet during theirs. 5 on 5 though it wasn't their best game.

Really liked the 3rd period, where they didn't give TBL much after taking the lead. I fully expected a turtled shooting gallery but thankfully that didn't happen.

Some guys were rusty but to be expected.

Really liked Schmidt's physicality, don't usually see that from him so good to see.

AJF getting a good chance and not even being able to get a shot off will never stop being infuriating. Just take a simple shot on the odd man rush man instead of trying to make a slick pass.

1st period was bad. 2nd and 3rd both good.
Flowbee had at least 3 good shooting chances. I won't say scoring chances but every good shooting chance is a scoring chance of one level or another. Just effing shoot!

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I think there's a good chance the Jets can resign Dubois, as it's really in his best interests to sign with the Jets. He has a playing partner in Connor, that has put him in the top 35 in point scorers in the NHL, and he will know he could win the Cup with this team. Even if he signs for 5 years or so, so he'd still have the chance to go to Montreal down the road.

I don't think he'd want to go to a rebuilding team right now in the Habs, as I just don't think it's in his best interests, either financially, or Cup contender wise. I also think his dad will tell him just that.

5 years with a contender in Wpg and he could go to Mtl just about the time they could have built a contender, possibly.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Is there any reason why this team can't do aome serious damage in the playoffs?

They play like a team with improving defensive and special teams play.

We have a vezina caliber goalie playing at the top of his game.

A Norris caliber dmen

We have a physical beast of a 1C in Dubois who has to be in around the top 10C range this year.

We have Scheifele playing a strong two-way game at a 10-15 center range.

Throw in some star wingers in Conner and Ehlers and some other good top 6 ones in Fetts and Blake and we have a lethal top 6.

Lowry seems to be playing at a high end number 3 C level this year as well.

Really if we get some good players to shore up our bottom 6 we can do some damage imo.

This is easily a playoff team and quite possibly a contending team if we make some key additions.

Add Apples and Meno to the bottom 6 and we are good to go.

What happened to Gagner tonight? He lookes about 5 years younger. :laugh:

13 games left in January with many of them winnable games though the jets have a tendency at times to play down to their opponents. 10 wins the rest of the month would go down like a smooth glass of the finest whiskey.

Jets have shed some of their bad tendencies from previous years, like loosing to bad teams ans 2nd period naps.

Dale53130

Nov 10, 2019
Add Apples and Meno to the bottom 6 and we are good to go.

What happened to Gagner tonight? He lookes about 5 years younger. :laugh:

Jets have shed some of their bad tendencies from previous years, like loosing to bad teams ans 2nd period naps.
Good call. The year we went to the Conference Finals, we had a number of less-than-stellar 1st periods, with strong 2nd period responses. I mean, really strong 2nd periods at that.

I don't mind losses, and bad periods here and there, but what I love, is how we've been responding. A very good sign going forward.

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
My Father once... maybe many times said to me...

"the only perfect person I knew... was a perfect asshole"...

It's okay to be wrong...

The other thing My Father said to me and I know many times...

"if you're not doing anything... you are not making mistakes"...

Be happy...

As a great man once said: “just as eventually dying is a consequence of daring to live, eventually being wrong is a consequence of daring to be right.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad