Post-Game Talk: Jets 4 - Snucks 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slimy Sculpin

Dec 29, 2013
For the much maligned decision of doing csv, they really stepped up and had an extremely strong game despite the Vilardi backhand pass and connors disinterest in chasing Myers.

Also, I've had the night to sleep on it and I still say f*** THE CANUCKS AND f*** THEIR SHITTY FANS
You got this right (my bold). I have to admit that I got more than a little annoyed because of those two errors and during the GDT, I posted something that might be construed as a little anti-Connor. (He can be a frustrating player to watch.) I'm not sure why I didn't skewer Vilardi, too. I'll eat a bit of crow and am glad that that line was able to put it together to contribute mightily to the W.
Go Jets Go!

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
.946, baby.

ConnorHellebuyckWinnipegJetsvTorontoxGYNmb1m9qNl.jpg

Hooo doggies

The Blue Baron

Nov 13, 2015
Hoser Country
Fell asleep sometime after the Tyler Myers goal and woke up when Scheifele scored. From what I saw, the Jets played pretty good against one of the top teams in the league, and actually scored more than a few goals. Made Sportsnet cry, which certainly made our day! I give the game four "Deadpools" out of five...

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

The Prediction Contest for the game against the Calgary Flames has been posted and is ready for your guesses. A big thank you to @The Blue Baron for posting todays GDT and a big shout out to @Section 325 for volunteering to do the game on Monday, we look forward to seeing it. Catch you guys later, got a long drive back to Winnipeg tomorrow. Good night...

MV5BMjcwZDhmNTUtMWE3ZS00YzJmLWI2N2YtOGUxMjMxM2I0MDNjXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNzk3NDUzNTc@._V1_.jpg

Edit: Oh, and @bustamente, my grandmother used to call me her little schnook, so I had a smile when I saw the title of this thread...:nod:
Get home safe Bro!

1708275971554.gif

Last edited:

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
I was impressed Chef didn’t get hurt last night. It puts other teams on notice, hit 55 and you’ll probably get punished on the scoreboard. Temperature wise, that felt like a playoff game.
I feel that we always play best in a physical game. If there is no physicality or animosity, the Jets seem to go through the motions. It's been that way for years, so maybe it's mostly 55.

And it sounds like I picked the wrong day to not watch a game!

MardyBum

Jul 4, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
If I were the Jets I'd go out and get a right shot D to play with Samberg.
Experienced, offensive with a bit of size. Not sure who. Bump Schmidt to press box.

Do they need to bump Schmidt out? I think I'd just like another PB dman, preferably a righty in case of injuries. Samberg/Schmidt kill it in their 3rd pairing role.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
You got this right (my bold). I have to admit that I got more than a little annoyed because of those two errors and during the GDT, I posted something that might be construed as a little anti-Connor. (He can be a frustrating player to watch.) I'm not sure why I didn't skewer Vilardi, too. I'll eat a bit of crow and am glad that that line was able to put it together to contribute mightily to the W.
Go Jets Go!
That's OK, shit happens in the moment. I went out of my way to defend Connor (probably because he's been attacked frequently lately). Watching the play again he should have tried harder to back pressure Myers.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Whew. Slept pretty decent last night and actually managed to sleep in. Thanks, Jets, for giving me the adrenaline to stay up until 1AM. >_>

Anyways, the Jets did get outplayed last night 5v5. That's an area of concern. Vancouver plays a very high tempo game that the Jets couldn't match for whatever reason. Man, Quinn Hughes is a hell of a player. Wish we had someone like him on the back end. Hughes, Makar, Fox... Goddamn.
Our 5v5 game is a hallmark of this team, I'm not worried.

Ummmm Morrissey?

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
That's OK, shit happens in the moment. I went out of my way to defend Connor (probably because he's been attacked frequently lately). Watching the play again he should have tried harder to back pressure Myers.

I hated that play by Connor but I also noticed outside of that play he was way more engaged on the back check last night than he was last season. He’s playing to the system without the puck.

WaveRaven

Apr 30, 2011
MB
Connors play on the Myers goal was complete horse##$&. For one he totally cheated by evacuating the zone when we didn't have real possession. Then just coasts along. Sure then he really starts to play harder. This kind of crap will kill you in the playoffs.

Another thing our defencemen throw the puck into our slot more than our wingers throw it into the opposite slot.

Reactions: sipowicz and hn777

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
That game changed when Lowry threw the hit and won the fight.

Two goals for the power play.

Monahan with his first as a member of the Jets.

The only thing that pissed me off was that embellishment penalty to Scheifele.

The Canuck fans think it was embellishment maybe it was a little maybe it wasn't ... the point is its still interference Scheifele DID NOT have the puck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad