Post-Game Talk: Jets 4 - Snucks 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dale53130

Nov 10, 2019
Connors play on the Myers goal was complete horse##$&. For one he totally cheated by evacuating the zone when we didn't have real possession. Then just coasts along. Sure then he really starts to play harder. This kind of crap will kill you in the playoffs.

Another thing our defencemen throw the puck into our slot more than our wingers throw it into the opposite slot.
There were 4 Jets back, in a congested area, and he was already behind the play. Are we certain that because of his defensive limitations, the coaching staff want him to sag off in those situations? Wouldn't he just be getting in the way of the next guy that has to step up?

It would be great if he could teleport himself directly in front of Myers.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Everyone who doesn't understand why Connor is out to protect a lead should rewind and watch that last sequence

:laugh: I just had the thought, EFF, Connor out in the last 2 minutes protecting a lead and then watched him play very well in the role. :laugh: So, he can play D - when he wants to.

kylbaz

Winnipeg <3
Nov 14, 2015
www.movingtowinnipeg.ca
There were 4 Jets back, in a congested area, and he was already behind the play. Are we certain that because of his defensive limitations, the coaching staff want him to sag off in those situations? Wouldn't he just be getting in the way of the next guy that has to step up?

It would be great if he could teleport himself directly in front of Myers.
I said something similar earlier in here. Not many wingers are going to be too worried about Myers skating through the whole team and scoring. He would have just been chasing the whole time.

Reactions: Dale53130

RabidOne

Drinking all the beers
Apr 15, 2014
Kelowna
Do they need to bump Schmidt out? I think I'd just like another PB dman, preferably a righty in case of injuries. Samberg/Schmidt kill it in their 3rd pairing role.

The really interesting part of that is there are some top pairings on really good teams below Snerg/Schmidt on that list.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
Connors play on the Myers goal was complete horse##$&. For one he totally cheated by evacuating the zone when we didn't have real possession. Then just coasts along. Sure then he really starts to play harder. This kind of crap will kill you in the playoffs.

Another thing our defencemen throw the puck into our slot more than our wingers throw it into the opposite slot.
Yep as will villardi’s decision to try to go cross ice on that play instead of making a safer play. If he just tried to shoot it down the ice on the side he’s on it’s a smarter play.

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast

Rewatch the play frame by frame.
Give Myers credit he gambled and won because if he misses the puck Connor is on a breakaway.
Connor was a stride behind and with Myer's long reach no way Connor could check him without taking a penalty.
Secondly the Jets had numbers back there and if one of them checks Myers Connor gets the puck and breaks the other way.
Weird how everyone missed the intereference on Vilardi by Miller.
Helly missed the puck because he was screened by Morrissey & Boeser.
Nobody plays mistake free hockey. Vilardi made a bad pass and he admitted it seriously what's the big deal?
The Jets won!
The one thing that did upset me about Connor he had a couple of chances to finish his check and didn't. I don't expect him to put the guy threw the boards but just step into him so he is out of the play.
IMG_3023.png

IMG_3022.png

IMG_3021.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Luc Labelle

Hobble

Sep 2, 2010
That game changed when Lowry threw the hit and won the fight.

Two goals for the power play.

Monahan with his first as a member of the Jets.

The only thing that pissed me off was that embellishment penalty to Scheifele.

It is remarkable how fans will argue, “hey now, the game is so fast, you can’t expect players to make the right decisions in a split second, can’t just look at slowmo…”, then some argue that Scheif choreographed an entire performance following an errant elbow from Miller that he didn’t see coming.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
Hellebuyck's puck handling is not getting enough credit. He is such a beast lately, in the 1st period he killed several Canucks dump-ins by handling the puck and making a good first pass. He was almost like a defenseman last night, drawing the F1 in before making a pass to his dman.

Amazing how far that aspect of his game has come, during the first few seasons it was adventure when he tried to handle the puck, now he's right up there with the best puck handling goalies in the league right now.

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
That game changed when Lowry threw the hit and won the fight.

Two goals for the power play.

Monahan with his first as a member of the Jets.

The only thing that pissed me off was that embellishment penalty to Scheifele.

Wow didn't see that in the highlights... scheif must have a bad reputation with the refs ti get treated the way he does...

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
The one thing that did upset me about Connor he had a couple of chances to finish his check and didn't. I don't expect him to put the guy threw the boards but just step into him so he is out of the play.

The thing about that goal is that maybe 13 does one thing wrong maybe as it can be argued that he is reasonable to expect the other winger to be in position and not out of the zone already. But 81 does several things suboptimally on that goal, if you rewind, that play starts in the first place due to a weak stick by 81 that turns over the puck to Miller, then flying the zone and then seemingly being unable to get back in the play... all on that one goal.

He has been better defensively esp in the first few games back from injury but this game was a flashback to some of his poorer games from previous seasons.

Jack7222

Mar 17, 2021
I said something similar earlier in here. Not many wingers are going to be too worried about Myers skating through the whole team and scoring. He would have just been chasing the whole time.

I thought this at first but rewatching it I actually think Connor would've easily stopped the scoring chance. Myers cuts left and leaves himself very open for a stick check from behind... but there was no one behind him.

Anyway I do think CSV can work; Vilardi works really well with Scheif I think, and this frees up Ehlers to maybe get Perfetti and Monahan going a bit...

Reactions: GNP and hn777

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
I see Vilardi in his post game interview mentioned how it was a great atmosphere and the fans were great. He noticed all the Jet fans in the crowd and cheering probably louder than the ones in Winnipeg on some nights.
Whats with the site lately with posting?
Pics and posts don't load up half the time.
Security error pops up.

Inanna

Maybe this year...
Sponsor
Aug 29, 2022
It may have not been our best game of the season but I found it to be the most exciting game of the season...had a playoff feel to it
Yeah, so much for "I don't mind missing a scheduled loss" only to pass up what everyone is saying was our best third period of the year.

The highlights packages look fabulous this afternoon, and how often is it that the toughest and most pugilistic member of the team is also one of the best looking? So nice to see those passes that resulted in the last two goals and omg we got TWO power play goals! That's the Jets team we've come to know and love.

Now it's on to Calgary and let's win tomorrow!

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
Hellebuyck's puck handling is not getting enough credit. He is such a beast lately, in the 1st period he killed several Canucks dump-ins by handling the puck and making a good first pass. He was almost like a defenseman last night, drawing the F1 in before making a pass to his dman.

Amazing how far that aspect of his game has come, during the first few seasons it was adventure when he tried to handle the puck, now he's right up there with the best puck handling goalies in the league right now.

That's one of the biggest things I've noticed about Hellebuyck. We all used to complain about him handling the puck. Stay in your net, Bucky - quit giving the puck away. I can count on one hand the amount of times he's given the puck away this season. It's remarkable. He's become really good at feeding the puck to his support D.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad