Post-Game Talk: Jets 4 - Snucks 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
What a hockey game. Had a bit of everything. Really enjoyed it.
This team is mired in a scoring slump and still won three in a row and are ahead of the avs with games in hand. They will get going offensively, I wouldn’t want to play the jets in the playoffs.

Last edited:

FonRiesen

Sep 28, 2017
Vancouver Island
Greatest GM in Jets 2.0 history
It is impossible to argue against this. Also the worst; the best & worst of every category one could choose.

That said, I think he's done a well above average job over his tenure (with elite contract negotiation, IMO), comparing all GM's, considering the circumstances. Looking forward to the playoffs - this team has potential.

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
The Jets are playing a completely different game than all other teams in the league. The league is in a new high scoring era where the scoring average is over 3.1 goals per game for the third season in a row.

Meanwhile the Jets average 3 goals for and 2.28 goals against per game for a game score average of 5.28, right around the average goals scored per game during the dead puck era.

Stumbledore

Jan 1, 2018
Canada
You guys need to stop ... you are acting like father and daughter.:laugh:
Father and granddaughter, please. As for stopping, it's just a stupid taking shots sort of thing when we get tired of endless hockey argument cycles in here.

IIRC Stumbledore said he was 78 (born in 1945?) and would in fact be a late pre boomer or "the silent generation". Baby boomers were born post WWII (1946-64) after the soldiers returned home. Correct me if I'm wrong about your age @Stumbledore

History lesson over for the day, I'll go hide now.
Yep, your right. I'm too old to be a boomer. But when you're just taking shots at each other just for fun, it's not like dates and facts really matter.

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
It is impossible to argue against this. Also the worst; the best & worst of every category one could choose.

That said, I think he's done a well above average job over his tenure (with elite contract negotiation, IMO), comparing all GM's, considering the circumstances. Looking forward to the playoffs - this team has potential.
Chevy is great, that being said it is shocking how incompetent most NHL GM's are. Just my opinion.

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
I just want to said one thing about the guys complaining when visiting fans come to Canada Life and watch their team play the Jets.
I have been a Jet fan since the day Bobby Hull signed at Portage & Main. I moved to the West Coast late 80s but my heart still bleeding the Jets. Everyone here knows I'm a Jet fan and lots of them give me their tickets when the Jets come to town. It might be hard if its Jets/Canucks WFC:D but I don't understand the hate for visiting fans. They just want to see their team play ... why hate?
Every year the Jet crowds gets bigger in Vancouver. I would even say of all the Jet road games ... Vancouver has the most Jet fans in attendance maybe that's why the Jets have an insane winning record here. I know I have been to 7 straight wins here. It would be sad if people complain and did not allow us to the games.
I love comments like this.
IMG_3024.jpeg

Last edited:

Walkingtalkingeye

Mar 28, 2012
I just want to said one thing about the guys complaining when visiting fans come to Canada Life and watch their team play the Jets.
I have been a Jet fan since the day Bobby Hull signed at Portage & Main. I moved to the West Coast late 80s but my heart still bleeding the Jets. Everyone here knows I'm a Jet fan and lots of them give me their tickets when the Jets come to town. It might be hard if its Jets/Canucks WFC:D but I don't understand the hate for visiting fans. They just want to see their team play ... why hate?
Every year the Jet crowds gets bigger in Vancouver. I would even say of all the Jet road games ... Vancouver has the most Jet fans in attendance maybe that's why the Jets have an insane winning record here. I know I have been to 7 straight wins here. It would be sad if people complain and did not allow us to the games.
The difference for me is the assumption that most of the Jets fans in Vancouver have ties to Winnipeg or Manitoba whereas most of the opposing fans here in Winnipeg are all from this area. That's an assumption on my part, I admit. I'm not gonna tell them they have to support the Jets or anything, it is what it is, I just don't understand it. It makes more sense to me to support the team you've got, not the one from somewhere else.

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
The difference for me is the assumption that most of the Jets fans in Vancouver have ties to Winnipeg or Manitoba whereas most of the opposing fans here in Winnipeg are all from this area. That's an assumption on my part, I admit. I'm not gonna tell them they have to support the Jets or anything, it is what it is, I just don't understand it. It makes more sense to me to support the team you've got, not the one from somewhere else.
It's the memories that you will never forget the good times.
Seriously I could write a book on it. The road trips the championships all great moments even taking GFs to Jet games was a great score.:D

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
I love comments like this.
View attachment 822079
I find a lot of the opposing team fans that show up, especially original six ones and Oilers fans, can be super obnoxious to the Jets fans in the stands if their team is winning. People don't enjoy that.

Last edited:

VictoriaJetsFan

Mar 24, 2013
What a great game. Jets were exceptional in so many facets. Happy for Monahan he is starting to feel it. Schief was an absolute stud.

In regards to the fans it's super interesting to watch. The Jets have destroyed the Canucks winning 10 of the last 12 against them I think. You also cannot forget what the Bombers have done to the BC Lions.

We are really handing it to them and we are really getting under their skin.

It's fantastic to watch. I go into a pub now with Jets/Bombers gear on and until this season nobody cared. People would make jokes. Now no one speaks a word and I get pissed off looks.

F*&^ them all....I'll take on every last goddamn one of them.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Word.

Can you imagine if we had let Helle and Scheifele walk?

They were still a year away from walking. They looked like they were not going to extend and therefore would be traded.

But yeah, that game is very different if they are traded for futures.

Completely meaningless list. A tonne of pairings on there who play against opponents weakest players.

That doesn't make the list meaningless. It just means that context is needed.

Reactions: Jack7222

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010

Probably. He’s abut as tough as Matt Tkachuk. But he would annihilate Sheifele.

Nice to see Bones back. Very good man. I liked that the game had some edge and some bite to it. See you guys in the conference finals.

Schiefele is pretty much the worst fighter in the league if and when he foolishly decides to drop his gloves. He wisely avoided fighting for the majority of his career but over the last three seasons he has on occasion dropped his gloves to prove beyond a shadow of a doubt why he should never, ever, fight. If Mark goes with someone on the Canucks he and Pettersson can hit each other with their purses. I assure you Pettersson would be safe.

Guys like Connor, Scheifele, Boeser, and Pettersson were put on the earth to play hockey not fight. Miller is a respectable fighter for a skilled power forward so he would need to look for other fighting options.

I agree the game had an edge which you don’t see much in the regular season anymore. Tocchet has the Canucks playing a much more physically engaged game which is great for the fans.

AtomicJets

Dec 20, 2014
Probably. He’s abut as tough as Matt Tkachuk. But he would annihilate Sheifele.

Nice to see Bones back. Very good man. I liked that the game had some edge and some bite to it. See you guys in the conference finals.
JT would get pummeled by Tkachuk. Every time Miller drops the gloves he swings wildly for 5 seconds then falls down. Not a fighter at all. I suppose he is a tough guy relative to the soft Canucks roster but overall probably in the bottom 5 percent of fighters in the league. Scheif would actually be a good matchup for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille