Post-Game Talk: Jets 4 - Snucks 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

blueandgoldguy

Oct 8, 2010
Greg's River Heights
I was only able to watch the first half of the first period last night. From what I saw the Jets had pretty accurate passing moving the puck quickly out of their zone and quickly transitioning into the Canucks end of the ice.

It's nice to see the team score a few power play goals and finally score more than 3 goals in the first time in what seems like forever. Is this a one-off or will the Jets offense revert to its former impressive form of the first half of the season? I guess we will find out in the coming weeks.

enuffidiotsalready

Nov 25, 2019
not sure if it's been posted
we're second in points percentage
and just beat the only team ahead of us

so I'm here to say f*** Vegas and prove me wrong lol

Reactions: Hobble

scelaton

Jul 5, 2012
I think fines/suspensions for embellishment need to be a thing.
Bring it on--we've got the embezzlement to pay for any embellishment!

1708292829649.png

Last edited:

Crocket

Jul 14, 2013
Meh … it was a hard fought game between two of the best in the west. The Jets PP cashed in. There are six teams in this conference that can win it. If LA gets their shit together it could be 7. It will be a bloodbath compared to the butter soft east.

I really wanted to see JT beat the wheels off of Scheifele but his gloves are welded on.

Three more games. Right now the Jets and Helly hold serve.
I don't think JT is very tough. I think Lowery or Dillon would beat him pretty easily.

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
The thing about that goal is that maybe 13 does one thing wrong maybe as it can be argued that he is reasonable to expect the other winger to be in position and not out of the zone already. But 81 does several things suboptimally on that goal, if you rewind, that play starts in the first place due to a weak stick by 81 that turns over the puck to Miller, then flying the zone and then seemingly being unable to get back in the play... all on that one goal.

He has been better defensively esp in the first few games back from injury but this game was a flashback to some of his poorer games from previous seasons.
If Ehlers pulls that he's busted down to the 5th line...there were a few shifts Connor had last night that would've got Ehlers benched. I think he actually did get benched for some of Connors f*** ups.

wasup

Mar 21, 2018
I see Vilardi in his post game interview mentioned how it was a great atmosphere and the fans were great. He noticed all the Jet fans in the crowd and cheering probably louder than the ones in Winnipeg on some nights.
Whats with the site lately with posting?
Pics and posts don't load up half the time.
Security error pops up.
Your not allowed to post nudes on here i,m pretty sure that must be your problem lol

• Haha
Reactions: raideralex99

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Whew. Slept pretty decent last night and actually managed to sleep in. Thanks, Jets, for giving me the adrenaline to stay up until 1AM. >_>

Anyways, the Jets did get outplayed last night 5v5. That's an area of concern. Vancouver plays a very high tempo game that the Jets couldn't match for whatever reason. Man, Quinn Hughes is a hell of a player. Wish we had someone like him on the back end. Hughes, Makar, Fox... Goddamn.
Vancouver is a very good team but so are we, the other teams forums talk more highly of the Jets than alot of us Jets fans. I don't understand that , we just went into the 1st place barn and won 4-2 and we didn't win on Helly's back either. People need to enjoy this Jets season more.

wasup

Mar 21, 2018
I really enjoyed the playoff like atmosphere last night . Went to the Nucks site and people who went to the game loved it but the people who stayed home and watched or did not even watch are crying foul , refs refs refs ...

A lot of them really enjoyed the game but have to look for a reason they lost and the refs are an easy target . Do I think it was a well refed game , no , but I am not blind enough to see it was both ways .

The Nucks are having a great year and are fun to watch play and if the Jets don.t make it out of the West I hope it,s them .

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
I really enjoyed the playoff like atmosphere last night . Went to the Nucks site and people who went to the game loved it but the people who stayed home and watched or did not even watch are crying foul , refs refs refs ...

A lot of them really enjoyed the game but have to look for a reason they lost and the refs are an easy target . Do I think it was a well refed game , no , but I am not blind enough to see it was both ways .

The Nucks are having a great year and are fun to watch play and if the Jets don.t make it out of the West I hope it,s them .
Way rather it be them than Edmonton or f*** Vegas but it will be Winnipeg baby.:nod:

abax44

Jan 22, 2005
You guys need to stop ... you are acting like father and daughter.:laugh:
Father and step-daughter, maybe.

This reads like someone visiting our board after literally every Jets penalty. 😆

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Okay, boomer.
IIRC Stumbledore said he was 78 (born in 1945?) and would in fact be a late pre boomer or "the silent generation". Baby boomers were born post WWII (1946-64) after the soldiers returned home. Correct me if I'm wrong about your age @Stumbledore

History lesson over for the day, I'll go hide now.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad