Status
Not open for further replies.

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
wow Helly was almost on point

1st goal can’t really do much about it.

2nd goal he was screened and Myers going cross ice.

He made many tough saves looke deasy tonight

Scheifele could have had 6 points tonight.
Boss game from him.

When Mark And Helly plays like that and Lowry does what lowry does, and Jets dcore plays like that without a rockstar, just plain team games.
Jets will do fine.

GO JETS Go

next game 2nd line explodes ;)

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Sorry, it’s SN, and I’m far from sober… but YTF are they praising Connor when he has been literally invisible for games but yeh, all of the sudden he’s great!!! Valardi is as the one making plays. Connor just happened to be there.
Volare had a very good game and when he plays like that you can see why he should be on the 1st line. He has very good hands especially in tight on a goalie. And he can sing too :naughty:

HairyKneel

Jun 5, 2023
I started a thread on the main board about that hit. I think Miller kinda almost head shotted him. But Shief flips his feet out and that's what got him the penalty.

Both of Hoglanders penalties were questionable. They got the fans and the coach going. Tocchet usually doesn't backtalk the refs. But he did tonight.

Rick Bowness was the defensive coach through the whole Sedin/Luongo era. This game was vintage Rick Bowness.
Meh … it was a hard fought game between two of the best in the west. The Jets PP cashed in. There are six teams in this conference that can win it. If LA gets their shit together it could be 7. It will be a bloodbath compared to the butter soft east.

I really wanted to see JT beat the wheels off of Scheifele but his gloves are welded on.

Three more games. Right now the Jets and Helly hold serve.

Reactions: Luc Labelle

WolfgangPuck

May 12, 2012
There are lots of us here and a Jet fan won the 50/50 too ... $279,000.00
To tell you the truth the fans at the game are not that bad as the ones on the board. Sure they cheer for their team during the game and boo the refs and visitors just like every other sports city.
Leaving the arena lots of people wearing Jet jerseys and nobody threw digs or try to start a fight.
It was funny the Jets first PP the fans were laughing at the Jets for passing the puck around and around and killing off the penalty. Then karma hit them ... 2 straight PP goals to take the lead lol.
View attachment 821761
Yea Great atmosphere at the areana for the Jets fans
Had some fun dudes all dressed up as Brian McFarlanes sitting up in front of us
They were Jets fans and high five after the game

Attachments

• 95610CEC-A5F4-40AD-899F-4242F2D77A8A.jpeg
    95610CEC-A5F4-40AD-899F-4242F2D77A8A.jpeg
    519.6 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
As I mentioned before the game I was looking forward to this matchup as a test. Very spirited affair after the Lowry hit. The game took on more of a playoff level feel, emotion wise. Each team took 5 minors so no matter how bad the refs were for each team the calls evened out minutes wise. Van definitely play with Moxie now that Tocchet is their coach, I enjoy it. Our 1st line had a big night but I guess they were due for a breakout.

I look forward to the next two games against the Nucks after watching this one.

Last edited:

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Adam Lowry monster. Clean hit. Good for DiG for stepping up except the hit is clean so not really standing up for anything other than his teammate getting smoked cleanly. Might also want to look into some Lowry highlights and rethink you're doing something meaningful unless bruising your face is considered meaningful. Wrong guy, wrong time.
Oh Captain my Captain. :nod:

WpgSteve

Nov 5, 2018
What part of that was good? He managed to turn a clean hit into a 2 minute penalty for his own team and got an ass whupping too. Came flying in trying to get the jump on Lowry but never even threw a punch lol. I was laughing at the complete futility of that play. "Stepping up" isn't good when literally no good comes of it.
It shouldn't have been an instigator penalty. DiG got in Lowry's face right away, but didn't drop his gloves until Lowry did. Bieksa showed it in the broadcast.

Lots of bad calls and non calls in that game I thought, for both teams.

Wedgeden

Mar 31, 2012
Canucks fan take:

Rick Bowness is one of the best defensive coaches in the league. He has a top goalie. And they probably had their best game of the season against us. Plus they got some ref help. End of. Nothing to cry about here.

Jets always play this hard vs us. This is why I was so high on them in the playoffs in 2022/23
Actually, the best games we played all year were beating Boston 5-1 and the Avalanche 6-2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad