Post-Game Talk: Jets 4 - Rags 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
couldn't watch much past the 1st, but great 1st period from both teams. glad to see the Jets win and looks like Scheifele was cooking.

well, OK...so what are we doing here? No need for a forum then...might as well just watch the games and see what happens. Nothing to talk about.

I chose 25 games bacause it's the most recent half of the season right? I mean if a team looks fabulous for the first 40 games and then looks crummy for the last 40 games it's something to note right - especially after the past couple seasons we've seen as Jets fans? Are you saying we need only look at whatever happened in the most recent game? For discussion purposes, we need to break things donw somehow...

not that the Jet's have looked "crummy" really. Just making a point.
i do agree to an extent. like look at perfetti, first couple months was v good, his next few garbage. his overall stats b/c of Oct & Nov still make him look a bit decent but reality he's been ice cold nearly the last 40gp.

Or on a team-level, compare EDM, NSH and LA at the beg. of the season vs now; what deserves higher weight for their play going into the playoffs? the team's performance from Oct-Nov or the months leading up to April? not saying completely ignore it at all but i do think recent group of games probably should hold a bit higher weight, esp. w/ TDL, injuries, or player/team improvement (fall-offs) etc. that may have occurred.

NOT saying the Jets are bad: imo i think through through December were arguably a different team & a bit better all-around. They have also had some movement in their line-up since then too (adding Monahan, Toffoli and then Connor or Vilardi's departures). i am a believer of going into the POs hot & w/ some positive momentum so the Jets peaking again now would be great.

Last edited:

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
I feel bad I kinda watched the game.

They weren’t ready to play tonight. That’s it. No cohesion, not enough smarts out there, and they were simply outworked. The coaches didn’t have them ready to play, again. Spiritually, Samsonov shat himself with every odd man rush.

Powerplay is ending and Domi decided to make a risky pass back to the point on the penalty box side and that’s the difference in the game. What a befeckit dunce.

It’s a shame this team is so poorly coached.. Imagine this team with a Montgomery, Cassidy, Cooper, Brind Amour.

The silver lining to all this is that once we’re bounced in round 1 Keefe will finally be f#$@#ing tossed and Brodie can take a hike.

Maybe we need to think about a fish for a mascot. Sculpin, Tarpon, Mighty Flounder? (F'n Winnipeg is hogging the Coelacanth)

EDIT: Sorry, I thought this was the Leafs forum. :sarcasm:

Last edited:

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
The Rangers and their coaches seemed pretty happy with their third period. Weird. Other than when the goalie was pulled I thought it was pretty low event for them given they were trying to come back.
From what i was reading and listening to their coach after the game we only won because of Helly the walrus. Helly played good but that's not the only reason we won, the team played very good.

kanadalainen

Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
Napili Beach on Maui. Island of Lanai on left, Molokai on the right.

Haven’t seen a Jets game in a week. This one started at 1 pm local. I could probably find the games if I tried, but I’ll be back soon enough.

GJG.
Have fun, young man.

From what i was reading and listening to their coach after the game we only won because of Helly the walrus. Helly played good but that's not the only reason we won, the team played very good.
Yes. This overemphasized misconception is a common theme with fanbases of teams we don't play often.

kanadalainen

Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
He's definitely gotten better. Still rambles on with gibberish occasionally, but we could certainly do worse. When I listen to other local crews I feel like Sawyer is average at worst, probably better than average.
To be totally honest, his gibbering and clutched in engine revving is definitely reduced during the past year. Much better than when he began.

Nice bike.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Great win

I've been told a million times that Connor and Schief together on the 1st line (let alone with iafallo) can't beat good teams

Hopefully folks can chill out a bit now
If only Perfetti was on the 4th line though - or in Iafallo's spot, amirite?

Alex is stirring the drink on that first line. Really complimentary to that pair, digging pucks, good stick, fast forecheck. If he gets a couple to go in for him I don't mind him there until Vilardi (hopefully) comes back.

Hope this ends we can't beat good teams narrative.
LOL you know it won't

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
well, OK...so what are we doing here? No need for a forum then...might as well just watch the games and see what happens. Nothing to talk about.

I chose 25 games bacause it's the most recent half of the season right? I mean if a team looks fabulous for the first 40 games and then looks crummy for the last 40 games it's something to note right - especially after the past couple seasons we've seen as Jets fans? Are you saying we need only look at whatever happened in the most recent game? For discussion purposes, we need to break things donw somehow...

We could talk about all the positive things we've seen all season, including the last 25 games. It hasn't been all bad. We're 15-10 during that stretch

Interestingly, if you chose the last 20 games instead of 25, we're 14-6. And if you pick the last 15, we're 11-4

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida

I think the issue that the Jets and any contender faces is that the NHL regular season is a friggin grind. We think the Jets should be up and hyped to win every game. We should crush the bad teams, we should be motivated to beat the good ones. Problem is, its impossible to sustain that level of engagement for 82 games. Playing a really engaged, high execution game takes a lot of physical and mental effort. Very few teams can sustain that throughout the season and I guarantee no team has done it for 82 games.

Then you add in illness and nagging injuries, and you can see why teams lay eggs, have slumps etc. Every team this year has looked like dogshit at one point or another.

Lets just hope that the Jets use the remaining 14 games to get back into consistently playing the system, win or lose. The system is what is going to help us win in the playoffs.

Nov 24, 2006
I think I must be lost.

I’m looking for the post game thread about one of the Jets best wins during the best season they have ever had in franchise history.

Could someone link me to that thread?

Thanks!
Here it is:

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
It's funny - this kind of shows though how razor thin it can be between a win and a loss.

If Helle lets one of those grade A's in, Shestirkin stops that first flubber from 55, and Panarin had a clue where the net was last night we could have easily lost.

That is why I came in just hoping to see a great effort and discipline in the system from the Jets last night win or lose. I think I got that. Outside of a couple of times when we were hemmed and a couple of bad puck decisions I thought we controlled the play for a lot of the game and managed the puck well.

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
Every time we beat a playoff contender, it's a nail in the coffin for the "we can't beat playoff teams" narrative.

Conversely, every game we lose in the playoffs is a nail in the coffin for the "we're a SC contender" narrative.

:laugh:

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
In the way too soon category, watching the game last night I was thinking if Connor / Scheif / AI, and Ehlers / Mono / TT play well and stay together, and Vilardi comes back before the playoffs, would Bones ever consider rolling him in Apples spot and running NN / Lowry / Vilardi?

I don't think he would as they seem to love the current 3rd line, but I thought it was interesting to think about.

Reactions: Puckatron 3000

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
It's not like Shesterkin wasn't making highlight reel saves... like ehlers breakaway

In the way too soon category, watching the game last night I was thinking if Connor / Scheif / AI, and Ehlers / Mono / TT play well and stay together, and Vilardi comes back before the playoffs, would Bones ever consider rolling him in Apples spot and running NN / Lowry / Vilardi?

I don't think he would as they seem to love the current 3rd line, but I thought it was interesting to think about.
It's going to be interesting - gus is far better at draws than names... and Barron has exceeded expectations so who do you bump

It will be gus but I think that's a mistake

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad