Post-Game Talk: Jets 4 - Rags 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

GreatSaveEssensa

The Dark Side Of The Goon
Feb 16, 2016
Manitoba
In the way too soon category, watching the game last night I was thinking if Connor / Scheif / AI, and Ehlers / Mono / TT play well and stay together, and Vilardi comes back before the playoffs, would Bones ever consider rolling him in Apples spot and running NN / Lowry / Vilardi?

I don't think he would as they seem to love the current 3rd line, but I thought it was interesting to think about.
I still don't understand the team’s obsession with Appleton and why they would never consider moving him off the 3rd line. Even with Vilardi on the 1st line, put Iafallo in Appletons spot on the 3rd and move Apples to the 4th.

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
Every time we beat a playoff contender, it's a nail in the coffin for the "we can't beat playoff teams" narrative.

Conversely, every game we lose in the playoffs is a nail in the coffin for the "we're a SC contender" narrative.

:laugh:
These fan swings are found in HF Jets and every single other HF board with good teams.

Last edited:

NA Hockey

Nov 16, 2015
i do agree to an extent. like look at perfetti, first couple months was v good, his next few garbage. his overall stats b/c of Oct & Nov still make him look a bit decent but reality he's been ice cold nearly the last 40gp.
I think you are spinning the narrative to fit what you want it to be because you don't like the player. You minimize, incorrectly, how long he was good for (number of games and timeframe) and exaggerate how long he has been cold (saying it's been 40 games when its hasn't been close to that), to make your point. There is also no context as to the circumstances etc.

In reality, Cole was very good until the Jan 9th game against Columbus where he had 3 points and was top 4 in team scoring and top 3 in pp points In fact, he had 29 points through his first 40 games. He has played 63 games total, so he has been cold since Jan 20th through to today which is two months. or 23 games, not 40 lol

It's not good and that's on him, but the first part of those 23 games the entire team was ice cold and no one was scoring and the last 6 games he has been on the 4th line. those aren't excuses, just the reality of the situation

But I am sure you knew most of that, but it doesn't fit the narrative you want so the spin starts.

Weezeric

Jan 27, 2015
I still don't understand the team’s obsession with Appleton and why they would never consider moving him off the 3rd line. Even with Vilardi on the 1st line, put Iafallo in Appletons spot on the 3rd and move Apples to the 4th.

Iafallo has 15 5v5 points playing lengthy stretches in the top 6. Appleton has 23 5v5 points playing in a defensive role.

Slimy Sculpin

Dec 29, 2013
I feel bad I kinda watched the game.

They weren’t ready to play tonight. That’s it. No cohesion, not enough smarts out there, and they were simply outworked. The coaches didn’t have them ready to play, again. Spiritually, Samsonov shat himself with every odd man rush.

Powerplay is ending and Domi decided to make a risky pass back to the point on the penalty box side and that’s the difference in the game. What a befeckit dunce.

It’s a shame this team is so poorly coached.. Imagine this team with a Montgomery, Cassidy, Cooper, Brind Amour.

The silver lining to all this is that once we’re bounced in round 1 Keefe will finally be f#$@#ing tossed and Brodie can take a hike.

Maybe we need to think about a fish for a mascot. Sculpin, Tarpon, Mighty Flounder? (F'n Winnipeg is hogging the Coelacanth)

EDIT: Sorry, I thought this was the Leafs forum. :sarcasm:
Hey. I resent the sculpin as a mascot suggestion for the Loafs. It'll give sculpins of all species a bad name.

Aphid

Oct 19, 2014
The reason why this is a very good win is both teams were on point and played to their abilities. Sometimes you'll watch a team and they play slow and sluggish. The team is really off their game from what they can do for a variety of reasons. Every single team does it. This wasn't one of those games.

The Rangers didn't play all tired and dopey. They played like the Rangers normally do. Good hockey. The Jets didn't come in over achieving. They played like the Jets normally do. It was just two teams playing their games at their level and the Jets came out on top.

macmaroon

Winnipeg Jets fan since 1972
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2011
Winnipeg Manitoba
www.macmaroon.com
I feel bad I kinda watched the game.

They weren’t ready to play tonight. That’s it. No cohesion, not enough smarts out there, and they were simply outworked. The coaches didn’t have them ready to play, again. Spiritually, Samsonov shat himself with every odd man rush.

Powerplay is ending and Domi decided to make a risky pass back to the point on the penalty box side and that’s the difference in the game. What a befeckit dunce.

It’s a shame this team is so poorly coached.. Imagine this team with a Montgomery, Cassidy, Cooper, Brind Amour.

The silver lining to all this is that once we’re bounced in round 1 Keefe will finally be f#$@#ing tossed and Brodie can take a hike.

Maybe we need to think about a fish for a mascot. Sculpin, Tarpon, Mighty Flounder? (F'n Winnipeg is hogging the Coelacanth)

EDIT: Sorry, I thought this was the Leafs forum. :sarcasm:
I've got a t-shirt for that...

20240320_044338.jpg

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
These fan swings are found in HF Jets and every single other HF board with good teams.
This season has been a wild one...
- Scheif sucks trade hime/Scheif is too good to sign here
- Helle sucks trade him/Helle too good to sign here
- Bowness system can't generate offence, he should be fired
- Brad Lauer sucks one year after Brad Lauer should replace Bones
- Namestnikov vs Perfetti at 2C... now Perfetti vs everyone who's not Perfetti
- Monahan for a first - the sky is falling!!
- The annual waiver crisis
- Ehlers is not re-signing, he's not happy
- @Jets31 cancelled
- Why haven't we traded for Konecny yet

Thats a healthy list...

JetsWillFly4Ever

May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
- @Jets31 cancelled

Thats a healthy list...
Wait @Jets 31 got cancelled??

But Plain Jane!?!?! And who's gonna boogie-woogie.

He is uncancellable.

Mad Dog Tannen

Apr 10, 2010
- @Jets31 cancelled

Thats a healthy list...
My favourite was jets31 being cancelled for referencing spicolli! lol. It’s days like that that make me think we’re doomed as a species.

scelaton

Jul 5, 2012
I absolutely understand it. I just think there's value in examining things even when we win and looking at all the info we have. I think sustainability matters. When it comes to winning a SC we don't just need to win a game here and there against good teams. We need to win a string of 7 game series against good teams.

Of course, some people go way overboard with the negatitivy. But those are relatively few really...and not really any different than some who go the other direction...
Agree, and would add a couple of comments.

There is a continuum of positivity and negativity here, and in life, and most people are clustered around the middle. Creating a simple dichotomy where there are either haters or fanboys is not real, but not unexpected on a sports forum, where lots of people like to win at whatever they are engaged in.

The other thing is, trying to convince a person who is analytical and healthily skeptical--but still a fan--to be cheerful and positive all the time, is futile. And the converse is true as well..1710953961039.png

There's lots written on polarity management for those who are interested.

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
I think it’s more a matter of seeing what you want to see. I thought kc created some turnovers with his speed and was mostly clean on zone exits, created a lot offensively. His lack of physicality can be annoying. He is who he is though.
I've been critical of KC's overall contribution, but he was very good last night from what I saw. His compete level was much higher on the boards and in the middle of the ice. He's a very slight player and can only do so much, but I saw a lot less coasting and stick waving last night.

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
Agree, and would add a couple of comments.

There is a continuum of positivity and negativity here, and in life, and most people are clustered around the middle. Creating a simple dichotomy where there are either haters or fanboys is not real, but not unexpected on a sports forum, where lots of people like to win at whatever they are engaged in.

The other thing is, trying to convince a person who is analytical and healthily skeptical--but still a fan--to be cheerful and positive all the time, is futile. And the converse is true as well..View attachment 838887

There's lots written on polarity management for those who are interested.
I won't speak for anybody else, but when I'm having discussions with people (this is what we do here), I'm not trying to change them or convince them that they're wrong

Ultimately all that I'm looking for is someone who is both able and willing to say "I understand what you're saying, and even though I don't agree with you, I see your point and why you'd think that way". I give extra bonus points to someone who is open minded enough to be willing to actually examine their position when provided with new information and be ble and willing to say "I didn't know that, maybe I need to rethink my position on this"

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
People got offended for gays because they percieved his dislike of a nearly naked 'hockey' model as homophobic.

I, however, took it as him not being into men, which I THINK is still allowed?
I honestly have lost track of what's allowed lol

Wait! He is really banned??? Or are we kidding here.
No, he just went back and delete some posts and then he posted a little apology.

He better not get banned, he's one of my homie-posters

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
The reason why this is a very good win is both teams were on point and played to their abilities. Sometimes you'll watch a team and they play slow and sluggish. The team is really off their game from what they can do for a variety of reasons. Every single team does it. This wasn't one of those games.

The Rangers didn't play all tired and dopey. They played like the Rangers normally do. Good hockey. The Jets didn't come in over achieving. They played like the Jets normally do. It was just two teams playing their games at their level and the Jets came out on top.
I would say about 25-30% of the games played during the season you don't see the best of both teams mainly due to the scheduling, injuries, refs, etc.
Like last night SN going on and on about the Canucks beating the Sabres and regaining first in the West. Seriously Sabres are a non playoff team who played the night before in Seattle ... does it sound familiar?
But no mention of the Jets game the battle of 2 top teams or even the Leafs loss.:laugh:

Anyways this game was 2 top teams playing great hockey, no excuses and the game could have gone either way but the good guys won this battle.:D

Mad Dog Tannen

Apr 10, 2010
People got offended for gays because they percieved his dislike of a nearly naked 'hockey' model as homophobic.

I, however, took it as him not being into men, which I THINK is still allowed?
Is this for real? Is he banned. Oh mercy. What a world.

I thought he was the spicolli guy!

• Haha
Reactions: Jet and Jets 31
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes