Post-Game Talk: Jets 4 - Islanders 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
Even before that we had some great chances, but they had more by my eye. I'm not saying we played like shit, but the Islanders played really well. Hellebuyck made some absolutely absurd saves that could have easily gone in.
You should listen to Bones post game comments.
He is giving the players 2 days off ... "they are mentally and physically tired."
Seriously the Jets just finished playing 9 games in 15 days and this was the first games where they had 2 days between games. Their record was 8-1 ... now lets look at the other 3 division leaders on how well they did on their tough schedule.

Canucks played 9 games in 15 days ... they lost 5 of those games ... Record 4-5-0
Rangers played 9 games in 16 days ... they lost 6 of those games ... Record 3-5-1
Bruins played 9 games in 15 days ... they lost 4 of those games ... Record 5-1-3

Hmmmm ... looks like the other team's players get tired too.

Last edited:

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
You should listen to Bones post game comments.
He is giving the players 2 days off ... "they are mentally and physically tired."
Seriously the Jets just finished playing 9 games in 15 days and this was the first games where they had 2 days between games. Their record was 8-1 ... now lets look at the other 3 division leaders on how well they did on their tough schedule.

Canucks played 9 games in 15 days ... they lost 5 of those games ... Record 4-5-0
Rangers played 9 games in 16 days ... they lost 6 of those games ... Record 3-5-1
Bruins played 9 games in 15 days ... they lost 4 of those games ... Record 5-1-3

Hmmmm ... looks like the other team's players get tired too.
No doubt. They're mentally and physically exhausted, and as a result they were the worse team tonight. I'm not shitting on the Jets, they just weren't at their best tonight. They're a good enough team to overcome being the worse team here and there but it's important to acknowledge it. They shouldn't be satisfied with this win.

GeorgeJETson

Hnidy probably has us on his no trade list
Sponsor
Sep 30, 2016
Gas powered Iguana > electric powered Iguana

giphy-4.gif

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
Guess the team can still score without scheif...

Was nice seeing Lowry and vilardi going hard to the net - I'd still rather see kfc-vilardi-ehlers while scheif is out though

Bottom six is really solid on this team no matter how its deployed
I think this is one of the key reason why this team is performing so well this year.

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
Coelacanth of the game:

View attachment 804871

A very underrated player, had a great game, in my opinion.
Never not gonna see Chuck the channel cat in that picture. Was Chuck a modern Coelacanth? I dunno.

Really enjoyed that game. Was laughing pretty hard when Applebaum scored. My buddy thought I was nuts.

Helle stood tall but he's regaining his wandering ways and that is concerning. He didn't get scored on last night, but he needs better decision making on handling the puck. He was good for quite a while, but of late he's got wanderlust and it needs to stop. I don't clench much with the current iteration of the Jets, but when Helle leaves the net? Clamp down hard boys.

Seemed such a different game from the Flyers one. Boys seemed very inspired having Connor back (a bearded chicken?) - they seem to draw inspiration from having a potent offensive player in the lineup (also see Scheifele, Mark).

Pack of wolves on the defensive end for sure this year. Goals are always more fun but that smothering D sure is impressive.

Absolutely loved @garret9 graphic. Figure out those special teams boys. Maybe camp Vilardi and his big body and soft mitts in the crease and go with some retro crash the net PP. Can't be much worse than what we're doing now.

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Nate Schmidt currently has the lowest 5v5 xGA/60 and the 2nd lowest GA/60 in the league.
Dylan Samberg currently has the lowest 5v5 GA/60 in the league (0.99! 0.40 fewer than 2nd place Schmidt) and the 8th lowest xGA/60. (min. 500 minutes).

I know they're a bit of a sheltered pairing, but that's still impressive.

jetsmooseice

Up Yours Robison
Feb 20, 2020
Oh.. and FINALLY! We beat the Islanders!!

Nice to see that weirdly long NYI win streak in Winnipeg finally come to an end.

But what's up with Anders Lee? 2G last night and running at nearly a goal a game pace against the Jets. Brings back memories of when the Jets were in the Southeast division and who was that guy, Kris Versteeg on the Panthers, always seemed to have the Jets' number? :laugh:

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
Appleton looked better even before he scored.
Winning some battles, stealing pucks and stuff.
Samberg had a pretty clumsy night with the puck.
He thought the Islanders were his teammates a couple of times.
Luckily those errors didn't really hurt us.
Bad luck for Dillon on the weird down low goal.
He had a chance to clear the zone and reversed things back into the corner.
Problem was Lowry had busted his stick so instead of having 2 guys supporting him he only had one and then Lee and his butt full of horseshoes ricocheted that puck past Helle.

Without looking at the schedule I Imagine we'll be passed for first place while we sit idle but since we have the same or fewer games played as all of the top teams we will gain games in hand.

The secret sauce is to keep all of our depth and D scoring in rotation.
Kupari looks like he could break through soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad