Post-Game Talk: Jets 4 - Islanders 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
Coelacanth of the game:

Helly and Names, Vilardi and Kupari all played great, even Nino.

But, #2 Dylan Demelo gets it tonight.

DYLAN08-scaled.jpeg

download.jpeg

Screenshot 2024-01-16 at 10.10.00 PM.png

A very underrated player, had a great game, in my opinion.

Last edited:

Tasteless Beaver

Here for the hot takes
Jul 8, 2015
Ottawa, Ontario
PLANE TEAM STILL GOOD! The Jets' social media pages weren't lying when they said the new winning streak starts tonight. Hellebuyck still solid, streak still alive, winning without a 1C. Our depth got a lot of time - 3rd line minutes for the 4rd line, and they looked great. I'm glad they finally get a break, we'll resume winning in a few moments.

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
Just feels like more team horsepower with KFC back.
There is - if he gets a sniff of the middle of the ice in the ozone, there's a good chance he will score.
The guy has skill

I thought the game could have gone either way - Helle was the best player on the ice by a large margin.
Will be nice when we get 55 back and get our top 6 back in order - looking forward to that.

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
3/5 Stickmen tonight, against that team it should of been clench free extravaganza, KFC slips right back into the lineup in record speed and looks like he didn't miss anytime, Helle solid except for the squeaker, DeMelo underated he shows up pretty well every night. Apples scores maybe don't be a stranger and do it again soon. Sloppy third. Right back to their winning ways and collecting points.

dancing-rainbow-neon-stickman-rainbow.gif

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Honestly I don't really think the Jets were the better team tonight. Lots of unforced giveaways, both goalies were huge, every goal that both teams scored were kind of flukey/lucky apart from Lee's 1st which was at the end of a powerplay that should have never happened.

None

Feb 22, 2012
Honestly I don't really think the Jets were the better team tonight. Lots of unforced giveaways, both goalies were huge, every goal that both teams scored were kind of flukey/lucky apart from Lee's 1st which was at the end of a powerplay that should have never happened.

I somewhat disagree, their top players at times looked really bad. Down 3-2 and Barzal looked like we swapped him and Appleton during his last couple shifts. Barzal looked particularly bad with Sorokin pulled.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
During the 3rd I for the first time in a while felt they were gonna blow it and end the 3 goal or less streak.

Reactions: hn777 and Atoyot

Tom ServoMST3K

In search of a Steinbach Hero
Nov 2, 2010
What's your excuse?
During the 3rd I for the first time in a while felt they were gonna blow it and end the 3 goal or less streak.

A classic score effects game - haven't seen one of those in a while.

Islanders looked better because they were pushing for the tie, Jets took on the role of defenders - usually they do a nice job of reversing those roles, but tonight was a more traditional win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad