Post-Game Talk: Jets 4 - Islanders 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
Somebody is trying to make trouble, I see.

Keep up the good work!
1000024058.gif

Last edited:

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Nice to get back on the winning ways but not our best effort.

Helle really stepped up and made the game saving stops at the right moments.

I think this team is still a bit tired ad we were giving up more quality looks then usual. Granted the Islanders are a real desperate team right now and it showed.

Both special teams units looked better. The one thing that is really stopping pp2 from being real dangerous is a player who can gain the zone. They create a lot when setup, but they have trouble getting setup. PP1 seems to have morphed into the Ehlers show and he's in motion so it's working well.

KC didn't show much rust tonight.

The continued rest will be good for the team.

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
A classic score effects game - haven't seen one of those in a while.

Islanders looked better because they were pushing for the tie, Jets took on the role of defenders - usually they do a nice job of reversing those roles, but tonight was a more traditional win.
Even before that we had some great chances, but they had more by my eye. I'm not saying we played like shit, but the Islanders played really well. Hellebuyck made some absolutely absurd saves that could have easily gone in.

Reactions: Ponds and surixon

ThinIce61

Jul 11, 2018
I somewhat disagree, their top players at times looked really bad. Down 3-2 and Barzal looked like we swapped him and Appleton during his last couple shifts. Barzal looked particularly bad with Sorokin pulled.
55 pulled his groin. Maybe Barzal pulled his Sorokin.

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
Back in the win column, which is nice. I don't like the process there because I felt the Jets played a far more scrambling third period than they otherwise should have. There were a bunch of uncharacteristic turnovers and being unable to get the puck out effectively with the Islanders forecheck involved. Really not a big fan of Nino, Appleton, and Iafallo getting more ice time than Perfetti and Ehlers. I miss Scheifele. Our center depth is dreadful.

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
Back in the win column, which is nice. I don't like the process there because I felt the Jets played a far more scrambling third period than they otherwise should have. There were a bunch of uncharacteristic turnovers and being unable to get the puck out effectively with the Islanders forecheck involved. Really not a big fan of Nino, Appleton, and Iafallo getting more ice time than Perfetti and Ehlers. I miss Scheifele. Our center depth is dreadful.
perfetti and ehlers are both dealing with injuries right now

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg

The one thing I don't like about Bones. He seems to think size is able to close out games better. It's working this year so I'm not going to complain much.

Reactions: hn777 and Inanna

macmaroon

Winnipeg Jets fan since 1972
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2011
Winnipeg Manitoba
www.macmaroon.com
Once again, I fell asleep in the second period, so I missed the goals scored by Pionk...

Pionk-Score4.jpg

and Appleton...

Appleton-Granny.jpg

Woke up when Anders Lee howled after scoring his second of the game. Nice to see KFC back and playing, and scoring too! I give this game three George JETson's out of five...

gj1.gif
gj2.gif
gj3.gif

The Prediction Contest for the game against the Ottawa Senators has been posted and is ready for your guesses. It took a bit of extra time tonight to calculate the results as...

trifecta.gif

Five HFJets posters got all three correct and earned eight points! Congratulations to @Jetland162702, @raideralex99, @Carp14, @imec and @Highway1 for their correct 4-2 Jets with Gabriel Vilardi scoring the opener! Way to go! As a result, the standings have changed quite a bit, and I finally got my second multi-point game of the season. Hooray for me!

I had a few slow days at work, so I was able to come up with a couple of ideas for the next two GDTs. See you all on Saturday! Good night...

gj-sleep.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad