Post-Game Talk: Jets 4 - Avs 2

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Again people really want to trade Ehlers, this team is having a very good year and we want to rip an important part out of the lineup ? If we want to trade to get a top 4 D man we should look at other pieces or a combination of.
Not sure why anyone thinks it is a good idea to trade either Ehlers or KC. They are our 2 top wingers and losing either is a hole we are no where ready to fill internally.

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
Aside from injuries, Nikolaj Ehlers is a superior hockey player to Kyle Connor by every measure...except for his individual goal scoring rate (over the last 3 seasons, Connor scores goals at a rate of 0.11 g/60 more than Ehlers - that's like half a David Gustafsson!)

Zone entries: Ehlers
Board battles: Ehlers
Puck control: Ehlers
Primary assists: Ehlers
Net penalties: Ehlers
Fancy stats: Ehlers
Cap hit: Ehlers
Defense: Ehlers
Not getting outscored on the ice: Ehlers

If only winning at hockey were simply a matter of scoring more goals than your opponents... :sarcasm:
Two completely different players with completely different strengths and weaknesses. I don't see the need to call one "better" than the other. Both are elite at what they bring and in a lot of ways compliment each other

Inanna

Maybe this year...
Sponsor
Aug 29, 2022
That's one of the strangest analogies I have come across in quite some time lol
I should confess I "borrowed" it from K.F. Kuang. She's written some fabulous books.

Dill pickles are fabulous with many meals.....they are much maligned.:)
Totally. And like all the best things in life, they come in all shapes and sizes.

Inanna

Maybe this year...
Sponsor
Aug 29, 2022
This narrative that people here are negative is so tired. You guys should check out boards of other teams if you wanna see for comparison. Kings best team in the west and 11-0-0 on the road yet a third of their board is no suicide watch over PLD 's play and losing Brock Faber to Minny in the Fiala trade.
If I complain that it's hot in my room and you reply that it's much hotter outside, it doesn't change the temperature in my room.

Snowboy

Oct 12, 2013
I should confess I "borrowed" it from K.F. Kuang. She's written some fabulous books.

Totally. And like all the best things in life, they come in all shapes and sizes.
To create choice, it's wonderful.....although i do detect some undertones:)

Reactions: thereturn

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Two completely different players with completely different strengths and weaknesses. I don't see the need to call one "better" than the other. Both are elite at what they bring and in a lot of ways compliment each other
Indeed, Ehlers' strengths include outscoring opponents, and Connor's strengths include being outscored when on the ice, so in that sense they bring some balance to the lineup... :laugh:

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
This narrative that people here are negative is so tired. You guys should check out boards of other teams if you wanna see for comparison. Kings best team in the west and 11-0-0 on the road yet a third of their board is no suicide watch over PLD 's play and losing Brock Faber to Minny in the Fiala trade.
Do people still find it overly negative here? I think this board tends to overreact on both sides and can be rather fickle about it. I don’t find it that bad here.

Inanna

Maybe this year...
Sponsor
Aug 29, 2022
To create choice, it's wonderful.....although i do detect some undertones:)
Into each one's life, some gherkins must fall.

Do people still find it overly negative here? I think this board tends to overreact on both sides and can be rather fickle about it. I don’t find it that bad here.
Wait until the next 3 game losing streak.

Since I'm obviously not achieving anything here, it's time I headed home. And not hit myself with the snow brush.

Snowboy

Oct 12, 2013
Into each one's life, some gherkins must fall.

Wait until the next 3 game losing streak.

Since I'm obviously not achieving anything here, it's time I headed home. And not hit myself with the snow brush.
Disappointment does not become you.

Reactions: Stumbledore

None

Feb 22, 2012
Again people really want to trade Ehlers, this team is having a very good year and we want to rip an important part out of the lineup ? If we want to trade to get a top 4 D man we should look at other pieces or a combination of.

Honestly we can be 100% sure that Chevy isn't going to subtract from the active roster in any trade. At best we'll see someone knocked down the depth chart assuming they're not plugging holes created by injuries.
Unless Ehlers asks for a trade and his teammates mutiny him he won't be going anywhere in-season.

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
White Out MB
Honestly we can be 100% sure that Chevy isn't going to subtract from the active roster in any trade. At best we'll see someone knocked down the depth chart assuming they're not plugging holes created by injuries.
Unless Ehlers asks for a trade and his teammates mutiny him he won't be going anywhere in-season.
If this team continues to play well stay as healthy as possible and by the deadline are near the top of the division then any deal will probably involve future prospects or picks in a trade to get this team as far as possible in the playoffs.

jungles

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2011

The Avs (currently in first) have like 15 pages in their game day thread whining about Ryan Johansen

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
Some people aren't happy unless they aren't happy. Win 3-2 but get outshot? Not good enough. Lose for any reason? Jets suck.

They seem to be the only ones who are spewing negativity

There are also the chevy-hating "mushy middle" types. Only being a perennial Stanly cup contender (by tearing it down and sucking for 17 years) will satisfy them

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
The Avs (currently in first) have like 15 pages in their game day thread whining about Ryan Johansen
To be fair to them, that was a dumb move bringing him in. Shit like that and pissing away fourth overall on Bowen “No Hockey Sense Whatsoever” Byram is why they haven’t won a non-asterisk Cup yet despite being stacked.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Agreed, the chances of Chevy trading a happy contributing part of this team are extremely rare to the point of leaning towards that scratch ticket in your pocket hitting the jackpot as having a better chance. I think it is likely Chevy goes mid range hunting at the TDL as per last season, but other than that I think the biggest possible trade is Stanley, as the team does seem to be showcasing him on the runup to Heinola's return.

MardyBum

Jul 4, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Morgan is nowhere near the hockey player Iaffalo is. The problem with that line is a recovering Villardi. It will take several more games for him to get up to speed.

The problem is also Iafallo, he hasn't been good on the first line lately and he hasn't been good since being on the "second" line. He can't drive play like Ehlers, seems like a bad fit there, maybe try a bit more permanent swap with Nino?

Vilardi definitely needs a few weeks to get up to game speed too, could be a short change while he gets back in the swing of things.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
To be fair to them, that was a dumb move bringing him in. Shit like that and pissing away fourth overall on Bowen “No Hockey Sense Whatsoever” Byram is why they haven’t won a non-asterisk Cup yet despite being stacked.

The bet on the wrong former Pred. Still mad that Preds bought out Duchene and gave Dallas a 2C for nothing at a cheap caphit.

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
A very good day, in fact. And I loved the result. But the substance of my criticism of the man stands. We know Stanley is PB material; our coach does not. And citing this as one of this anachronistic ways seems fair given his other “old-fashioned” folly.

So yeah, Stanley needs to be traded so he can’t be played.
Stan can play. Sorta.

Reactions: AlphaLackey

MardyBum

Jul 4, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
I'd move KC instead of nik if it really came down to that but honestly at this point I'm not removing a legit top 6 guy from our roster

If anything I think 2 center is still the biggest problem and unless u moving out Schmidt pionk or demelo, not sure what the point is to making a move for rhd when we need to move one out 1st

Agreed, I wouldn't move either for a D upgrade.

The Jets don't have a lot of "elite" offensive players. 3 right now, with Perfetti maybe being one too. Trading any of them would be a bad move right now, the team is playing good team defense, should spend futures on upgrading the d if needed long term, or bring in a big (good, for the love of christ not just big) defensive RHD as a rental.

This isn't 3+ years ago with Laine and Wheeler and Andrew Coppsixer where you might be able to spare one, they need all the guys they have that can drive offense, have a lot of good defensive forwards.

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB

It's gotten a lot better. I think the cycling of the usual major lightning rods of negativity (Maurice, Wheeler, Laine, PLD) have had a lot to do with that. The improved results on the ice are surely helping.

Reactions: Inanna

Aggie204

Expect the worst, you’ll never be disappointed.
Sep 11, 2015
East St Paul, MB
One thing I’ve noticed (I’ve been told he is good at it, but haven’t witnessed it until now) is Vilardi stripping pucks. I don’t recall if the Jets ever had a player who specialized in that.

Reactions: hn777

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
Aside from injuries, Nikolaj Ehlers is a superior hockey player to Kyle Connor by every measure...except for his individual goal scoring rate (over the last 3 seasons, Connor scores goals at a rate of 0.11 g/60 more than Ehlers - that's like half a David Gustafsson!)

Zone entries: Ehlers
Board battles: Ehlers
Puck control: Ehlers
Primary assists: Ehlers
Net penalties: Ehlers
Fancy stats: Ehlers
Cap hit: Ehlers
Defense: Ehlers
Not getting outscored on the ice: Ehlers

If only winning at hockey were simply a matter of scoring more goals than your opponents... :sarcasm:
If only Ehlers could stay healthy.

Reactions: hn777

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
Some people aren't happy unless they aren't happy. Win 3-2 but get outshot? Not good enough. Lose for any reason? Jets suck.

They seem to be the only ones who are spewing negativity

Except the Jets literally got outshot this game and there has been nothing but praise for them in this PGT. There was also very little criticism of them when they started the season dominating games but losing due to goaltending. Almost like many of us watch the game and respond to the details of the the game rather than the final scoreline. At this point those who complain about the mythical "negativity" are are more negative than anyone "spewing negativity" .

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad