Around the League 43: Playoff Time- Goodbye Buffalo, Goodbye Yzerplan. And Goodbye Yotes, Welcome Utah.

AhosDatsyukian

Sep 25, 2020
If you guys don't beat the NYR in 4 or 5 you can consider this season as mediocre.
They have scored 2 goals 5 on 5 in 120 minutes against an AHL defense.
they absolutely suck at 5v5, we could allow no goals 5v5 in a series against them and lose with all the PPs they'll have against us. such outrageously boring and stupid hockey.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
Every year the Leafs get caved in defensively, and every year they come away from it going 'damn, we just need more scoring'

This year feels different. Feels like they are primed to throw stupid money at someone like Pesce or Skjei and think that will solve all their problems.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Every year the Leafs get caved in defensively, and every year they come away from it going 'damn, we just need more scoring'

This year feels different. Feels like they are primed to throw stupid money at someone like Pesce or Skjei and think that will solve all their problems.

Nah, last year, they felt they needed to get tougher. Play with more “snot” or whathaveyou. It’s why they grabbed Reaves and Domi. And all it has accomplished is playing directly into the Bruin’s game plan. Marchand and the Bruins are happy to trade punches with a team. Especially when that team has a PP and PK as bad as Toronto’s has been this series.

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm

Little did they know that this is what all the fuss meant:

1714328993049.png

Reactions: Unsustainable

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
Having teams like Washington included in the playoffs makes a big case for playoff retraction
At least having teams this bad in the 1st round is an anomaly these days. I can't imagine what they were thinking back in the days where 16 out of 21 teams made the playoffs. A playoff berth *should* be meaningful, don't devalue the regular season.

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
I’ve always had a problem with that in the NHL/NBA. NFL had it perfect wit( 12 teams making it out of 32. 14 is ok with 32 teams, but 16 out of 30 or even 32 is a joke to me.
Eh, I don't like byes in general, and we also see a lot of cases in hockey where the rested team is often the rusty team and gets whooped by the lower seed coming off a Game 7. From a pure competitive standpoint, I want to see every team have to play in every round, so that's either 8 teams or 16 teams, and 16 is obviously the better option there.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Can't believe that Nashville ending. Missing the empty net, then giving up 2 with the goalie pulled? Ooof.

And Washington remains useless by giving up a goal a minute into the game and another with a minute left in the period.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad