Post-Game Talk: Jets 3 - Hawks 1

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Don’t see chis getting lot of opportunities as hopefully we will have a healthy D so there won’t be opportunities for development.

Yet the coaches, plural, as it’s been that way since conception of new jets can’t see it.
All teams leading play more defensive late in close games. And all teams trailing take more offensive chances late in close games. That is why there is such a thing as score effects that adjust underlying numbers in those circumstances.

Crocket

Jul 14, 2013
I'm not an expert on hockey (major understatement) and I probably don't watch the game as closely as most of you, but I thought Chisholm was awful today. Mistakes all over the place. Schmidt would be a major improvement over #47 and that's despite the 'large salary', 'need to develop the kid', 'needs time to adjust' arguments.

And while I'm in a cranky mood, I thought Nino was also terrible, flubbing all sorts of chances and even being out-raced on a few occasions. And I'm still waiting for Villardi to prove he is worth the first line.

Okay, I'm done.
He played incredible. He had one gaffe where he fell at the offensive blue line. Caused a chance but nothing more. His first pass is great, he's playing right as a lefty.
Great foot speed, great instincts.

Heinola is better, but I think Schmidt is getting a little slower and not an offensive threat.

Looks like I missed a good game. Was with the fam trying to pick a Christmas tree at the Windrift Tree Farm.

How did Chisholm look?
He played great. Set up a goal. Skated well.

Reactions: Aggie204

Inanna

Maybe this year...
Sponsor
Aug 29, 2022
He played incredible. He had one gaffe where he fell at the offensive blue line. Caused a chance but nothing more. His first pass is great, he's playing right as a lefty.
Great foot speed, great instincts.

Heinola is better, but I think Schmidt is getting a little slower and not an offensive threat.
Perhaps. My most frequent memories of Chisholm yesterday were of him racing to get back because he was caught out of position. He may be a great passer and have great foot speed, but he mostly used the latter to try and catch the man he should have been covering.

As someone pointed out, it was his first game up with the big club so he needs more oregano and thyme before we should pass judgment.

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
There is no doubt the only reason for attendance increase was for Bedard.

Dudes from Regina, Winnipeg is the closest nhl city. Could be tho afternoon weekend games = more kids since during the week, they all have school tho. Factor. Not sure Bedard only reason

And let's not forget Jonathan toews a winnipeg legend played for the original 6 team also

Lots of ppl bought mini packs they say, I'd pick Chicago in Winnipeg as one of mine if I could

And really, one of my goaltending heros at an extremely young age was Eddie the eagle Belfour, a Manitoban and Blackhawks legend. Chicago and winnipeg = history

Last edited:
Reactions: macmaroon

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
All teams leading play more defensive late in close games. And all teams trailing take more offensive chances late in close games. That is why there is such a thing as score effects that adjust underlying numbers in those circumstances.
But I wonder if there is any stats for most leads in final minutes.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
He has to be a good skater because he got caught out of position more often than most defence men.
It's was his first game of the season so i'm going to give him a little slack but to me the big difference between Chisholm and Schmidt is when they make a mistake, and Schmidt makes lots, is Chisholm has the speed to get back in position and Schmidt doesn't.

Reactions: Luc Labelle

Inanna

Maybe this year...
Sponsor
Aug 29, 2022
It's was his first game of the season so i'm going to give him a little slack but to me the big difference between Chisholm and Schmidt is when they make a mistake, and Schmidt makes lots, is Chisholm has the speed to get back in position and Schmidt doesn't.
Yep, post #104 agrees with you. But I don't have the shade for Schmidt that many in here do.

Inanna

Maybe this year...
Sponsor
Aug 29, 2022
I don't mind Schmidt but for 6 million a year i expect a little more, that's just me though.
I understand but I've always pushed back against the "she gets paid so much I expect more" argument. Just personal irritation I guess.

President Biden is paid $400,000 per year. The head of Disney makes $27 million a year. The executive director of the Bear Clan gets $15 per hour. I made almost $350 in tips during a 4 hours shift last night.

Just a little coriander for thought.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
I understand but I've always pushed back against the "she gets paid so much I expect more" argument. Just personal irritation I guess.

President Biden is paid $400,000 per year. The head of Disney makes $27 million a year. The executive director of the Bear Clan gets $15 per hour. I made almost $350 in tips during a 4 hours shift last night.

Just a little coriander for thought.
Those numbers are pretty messed up. That the executive director doesn’t get paid more than a server.
From a hockey perspective you can’t build the strongest team if you are not getting the most for your dollar.

Reactions: Inanna and Jets 31

GeorgeJETson

Hnidy probably has us on his no trade list
Sponsor
Sep 30, 2016
More than you realize.

I spell it C-O-R-I-A-N-D-E-R and I've probably cooked with it more than you have. (If I'm wrong, your wife is a lucky woman.)

Actually, borh cilantro and coriander are part of the same plant.

Cilantro is the leafy part whereas coriander comes from the root.

And yes, Mrs. Jetson cooks a lot :laugh:

kylbaz

Winnipeg <3
Nov 14, 2015
www.movingtowinnipeg.ca
Dudes from Regina, Winnipeg is the closest nhl city. Could be tho afternoon weekend games = more kids since during the week, they all have school tho. Factor. Not sure Bedard only reason

And let's not forget Jonathan toews a winnipeg legend played for the original 6 team also

Lots of ppl bought mini packs they say, I'd pick Chicago in Winnipeg as one of mine if I could

And really, one of my goaltending heros at an extremely young age was Eddie the eagle Belfour, a Manitoban and Blackhawks legend. Chicago and winnipeg = history
I just meant there's a reason for the increase and can't think every game is going to be like that. Hopefully continues to go up but you can't use that game as a predictor.

Inanna

Maybe this year...
Sponsor
Aug 29, 2022
Those numbers are pretty messed up. That the executive director doesn’t get paid more than a server.
From a hockey perspective you can’t build the strongest team if you are not getting the most for your dollar.
Agreed, totally messed up (and ego says I point out I'm a bar assistant and relief bartender, not a server.) My anal retentive side has to point out that the Bear Clan leader actually gets more per hour than I do but nobody tips the people doing the really important work. I splash some brandy into a snifter, smile into a tired older man's face and ask him about his day for 2-3 minutes. When he leaves, there's a $20 bill left for me. It makes no sense at all.

Sure, I have to wear heels for a few hours and bitch about aching feet, but even I can't pretend I earned it. And it may be unfair of me, but I'll wager if the same old guy walking back to the Fairmont is approached by a homeless person asking for money, he'll angrily wave the poor guy aside.

There's something foxing wrong here and I'm part of it.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
Agreed, totally messed up (and ego says I point out I'm a bar assistant and relief bartender, not a server.) My anal retentive side has to point out that the Bear Clan leader actually gets more per hour than I do but nobody tips the people doing the really important work. I splash some brandy into a snifter, smile into a tired older man's face and ask him about his day for 2-3 minutes. When he leaves, there's a $20 bill left for me. It makes no sense at all.

Sure, I have to wear heels for a few hours and bitch about aching feet, but even I can't pretend I earned it. And it may be unfair of me, but I'll wager if the same old guy walking back to the Fairmont is approached by a homeless person asking for money, he'll angrily wave the poor guy aside.

There's something foxing wrong here and I'm part of it.
But not the cause of it. If you can’t fix a messed up system at least you can benefit from it. Sort of like Stanley’s opportunities over other players. He and other players aren’t responsible for how we overvalue some things like goals or size over other attributes like being defensively sound. (I know weak attempt.)

Inanna

Maybe this year...
Sponsor
Aug 29, 2022
But not the cause of it. If you can’t fix a messed up system at least you can benefit from it. Sort of like Stanley’s opportunities over other players. He and other players aren’t responsible for how we overvalue some things like goals or size over other attributes like being defensively sound. (I know weak attempt.)
I wouldn't be sad to see Stanley put on waivers. We have quite a bit of bullpen strength so I don't think we'd miss him all that much.

Reactions: Adam da bomb

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
More than you realize.

I spell it C-O-R-I-A-N-D-E-R and I've probably cooked with it more than you have. (If I'm wrong, your wife is a lucky woman.)
I was trying to make a (poor) joke.
Cilantro on hfboards jets doesn't mean what cilantro means other places...

Reactions: Jets 31

Inanna

Maybe this year...
Sponsor
Aug 29, 2022
I was trying to make a (poor) joke.
Cilantro on hfboards jets doesn't mean what cilantro means other places...
I knew your making a J-O-K-E which is why I went to the trouble of spiking it.

I'll probably regret asking this but what does cilantro mean on hfboards/jets?

SUX2BU

User of registers
Feb 6, 2018
Canada
I knew your making a J-O-K-E which is why I went to the trouble of spiking it.

I'll probably regret asking this but what does cilantro mean on hfboards/jets?

ask and you shall receive ........

got-weed-happy.gif

Reactions: 10Ducky10

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
I wouldn't be sad to see Stanley put on waivers. We have quite a bit of bullpen strength so I don't think we'd miss him all that much.
Yep. He should be put on waivers, not his fault that others misplace values.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad