Post-Game Talk: Jets 3 - Hawks 1

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
They won a game that they needed but not the type of win that inspires a lot of confidence in this team. For me more of the same trend that has been going on lately continued in this game, the Hawks just didn't have the horses to punish the Jets.

Edit: If you look at the stats they just edged out the Hawks in Corsi and lost the xGoal battle to the worst team in the league.
You do like to live in the world of the half empty glass. The 1st hour or so after a win should just be to enjoy. Lots of time to knit pick.

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
Does it last more than a game

1701557084911.png

Runforthecup

Sponsor
Nov 10, 2013
Calgary, CW Bay
I hope opposing scouts saw whatever many of you saw in Chisholm, Watched #47 today and saw a player who got caught up ice several times and when he was back was brutal defending rushes. Samberg had a good game.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
I hope opposing scouts saw whatever many of you saw in Chisholm, Watched #47 today and saw a player who got caught up ice several times and when he was back was brutal defending rushes. Samberg had a good game.

Brutal giveaway on the Hawks goal by Samberg but he was otherwise good, yeah.

Team was fine. They still aren't what they were but they ended the skid.

Reactions: Dale53130 and hn777

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
Seriously the comments about the Black Hawks being so bad is funny because these are professional players in the NHL which on any given night anyone can beat anyone.
The Black Hawks beat Vegas and they also beat the Leafs twice and the Panthers should I continue?
John Madden second on the all time winning percentage NFL coaches list said the hardest game to coach was against the lousy teams because the players never took those games seriously.
A win is a win no matter who you beat.

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Should be very interesting to see how the Jets do against a good team like Carolina. Should be a good game. Hope the Jets take it, and get on another winning streak.

Inanna

Maybe this year...
Sponsor
Aug 29, 2022
Chisholm deserves another start after today. He showed very well in his 1st NHL game in 2 years.
I'm not an expert on hockey (major understatement) and I probably don't watch the game as closely as most of you, but I thought Chisholm was awful today. Mistakes all over the place. Schmidt would be a major improvement over #47 and that's despite the 'large salary', 'need to develop the kid', 'needs time to adjust' arguments.

And while I'm in a cranky mood, I thought Nino was also terrible, flubbing all sorts of chances and even being out-raced on a few occasions. And I'm still waiting for Villardi to prove he is worth the first line.

Okay, I'm done.

Last edited:

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
Seriously when did Chisholm last play a game?
Game speed is a lot faster than practice ... the guy needs to play more before you can judge him.
Trust me there were a few teams waiting for the Jets to put Chisholm on waivers ... why do you think he was never sent down.:huh:

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
I'm not an expert on hockey (major understatement) and I probably don't watch the game as closely as most of you, but I thought Chisholm was awful today. Mistakes all over the place. Schmidt would be a major improvement over #47 and that's even with the 'large salary', 'need to develop the kid', 'needs time to adjust' arguments.

And while I'm in a cranky mood, I thought Nino was also terrible, flubbing all sorts of chances and even being out-raced on a few occasions. And I'm still waiting for Villardi to prove he is worth the first line.

Okay, I'm done.

You don't need to be an expert on hockey to voice your opinion (a very convenient fact for myself as well!) so please don't let that stop you from contribution a full-throated critique of the team. And as we can see, you didn't :)

I don't know how bad Chisholm was, but it couldn't have been worse than Samberg who cacked up that extra-sawft muffin under basically zero pressure which led to the Bedard goal.

Vilardi might well not be top line on this team. Given how good our top line is, I'd be at peace with that, because Vilardi on the second line with Perfetti and Ehlers rounds out a great top 6 IMO.

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
Myself, the thing I want to emphasize is that the Jets continue to be amazing when leading after 2. There was a lot of gnashing of teeth that our "prevent defence" cost us against the Oilers. That loss dropped our record when leading after two down to the Stygian depths of 9-1-1; tonight's win makes it 10-1-1.

The team still has problems -- special teams, backup goaltending, bottom pair D -- but let's just say that "ability to cash in a 3rd period lead" ain't one of them. Not to me at least :)

johnnyonthspot

Apr 1, 2012
They won a game that they needed but not the type of win that inspires a lot of confidence in this team. For me more of the same trend that has been going on lately continued in this game, the Hawks just didn't have the horses to punish the Jets.

Edit: If you look at the stats they just edged out the Hawks in Corsi and lost the xGoal battle to the worst team in the league.
I hate to be one of the negative norm's but it was a lot closer than it should have been hence the reason Helly got the start. The coaches know the team is not playing as well as it needs too. Carolina will be a tough game to win.

Reactions: hn777

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
I'm not an expert on hockey (major understatement) and I probably don't watch the game as closely as most of you, but I thought Chisholm was awful today. Mistakes all over the place. Schmidt would be a major improvement over #47 and that's even with the 'large salary', 'need to develop the kid', 'needs time to adjust' arguments.

Okay, I'm done.
You might have to sub in for Sip as needed :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad