Post-Game Talk: Jets 3 - Hawks 1

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
Lovely stuff

Perfecto was sublime, that tip was a thing of beauty.

This game could have been 5-1 or even higher, lots of whiffs, but I'll take it.

Barron with a killer goal too. It would be great if he could make this a breakout year.

Ehlers, Vilardi, Iafallo, Schufflehaus all played very well - Eels showing his legendary speed -> love to see it.

At times the Jets had Chicago dancing around with keep away possession.

di-caprio-meme-johnhackerla.gif

Last edited:

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
They won a game that they needed but not the type of win that inspires a lot of confidence in this team. For me more of the same trend that has been going on lately continued in this game, the Hawks just didn't have the horses to punish the Jets.

Edit: If you look at the stats they just edged out the Hawks in Corsi and lost the xGoal battle to the worst team in the league.

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Man, Morgan Barron has 4 goals, and Perfetti has 9. Lot of depth on this team. Need to get Kyle Connor going tho. Perfetti had only 8 in all of last year, and now he's surpassed that. He may get around 25 -28 goals this year, and we can really use that.

Last edited:

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
They won a game that they needed but not the type of win that inspires a lot of confidence in this team. For me more of the same trend that has been going on continued in this game, the Hawks just didn't have the horses to punish the Jets.

Edit: If you look at the stats they just edged out the Hawks in Corsi and lost the xGoal battle to the worst team in the league.
gotta love that single game xgf!

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
gotta love that single game xgf!

Wish it was just a single game. Prior to this game, in the last 10 games they have been the 5th worst team in the league in xG with only the lottery teams like Sharks, Blackhawks and Habs below them. Doubt it changed much after this game.

I don't think we can call this team a "good" 5v5 team anymore as they were to start off the season. The results are starting to reflect that. Something has got to be done to get them out this trend.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad