Post-Game Talk: Jets 3 - Hawks 1

GeorgeJETson

Hnidy probably has us on his no trade list
Sponsor
Sep 30, 2016
No, I don't need to be, but I often remind myself of the quote from Some Famous Male who once said: "It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt."

And in happier news: regardless of how the night ends, we are STILL in third place in our division and STILL in sixth place in our conference. Plus I have the most gorgeous bow-tied cat to add to my screen saver collection.

Time to hit the showers. Okay, shower. We only have one of them.

kevin-smith.gif

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I'm not an expert on hockey (major understatement) and I probably don't watch the game as closely as most of you, but I thought Chisholm was awful today. Mistakes all over the place. Schmidt would be a major improvement over #47 and that's despite the 'large salary', 'need to develop the kid', 'needs time to adjust' arguments.

And while I'm in a cranky mood, I thought Nino was also terrible, flubbing all sorts of chances and even being out-raced on a few occasions. And I'm still waiting for Villardi to prove he is worth the first line.

Okay, I'm done.

Chisholm definitely made a couple of gaffs but I think that is to be expected given his lack of game action this year. He did show some positive aspects as well I thought. I'd like to give him a run of games to see if he can get comfortable our there.

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
I thought Chisholm looked pretty good for the first two periods, missed the third. Only pinched when he had support, no panic with the puck, crisp and accurate outlet passes. Not much to complain about.

Second line didn't have much going in the first two periods. I'd switch Iafallo and Ehlers.

kylbaz

Winnipeg <3
Nov 14, 2015
www.movingtowinnipeg.ca
If tnse can figure out their corp partner ticket base
Even get that 15% to 20-25%

Will make a big difference in stabilizing. No doubt they’re working hard on it. There were a fair bit of red jerseys it looked like on tv though lol
There is no doubt the only reason for attendance increase was for Bedard.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I thought Chisholm looked pretty good for the first two periods, missed the third. Only pinched when he had support, no panic with the puck, crisp and accurate outlet passes. Not much to complain about.

Second line didn't have much going in the first two periods. I'd switch Iafallo and Ehlers.

They were better in the third, but yes I think that line could use some speed to push teams back a bit. Cole and Gabe are starting to find some chemistry on the ice. I'm looking forward to seeing what it looks like in another couple of games.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
They won a game that they needed but not the type of win that inspires a lot of confidence in this team. For me more of the same trend that has been going on lately continued in this game, the Hawks just didn't have the horses to punish the Jets.

Edit: If you look at the stats they just edged out the Hawks in Corsi and lost the xGoal battle to the worst team in the league.

We were well ahead in XGF until after we went up by two. Score effects took over the last 5 minutes of the game when we went into a shell to defend.

I dislike how we look when we bunker up but atleast we kept pushing and controlled the play until the last 5 minutes unlike last game against Edmonton.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
We were well ahead in XGF until after we went up by two. Score effects took over the last 5 minutes of the game when we went into a shell to defend.

I dislike how we look when we bunker up but atleast we kept pushing and controlled the play until the last 5 minutes unlike last game against Edmonton.

All of that is true but this is also the Blackhawks, the ice should be completely tilted playing against that team if you are a good team. I think the game was more in the Jets favor than the xG indicates and Hawks generated most of their xGs in a couple of flurries towards the end of the game and if this was a one off I wouldn't even bother bringing it up but this has been how it has been going for the Jets for the past 10 or so games now and is starting to become a pattern.

Reactions: hn777

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
All of that is true but this is also the Blackhawks, the ice should be completely tilted playing against that team if you are a good team. I think the game was more in the Jets favor than the xG indicates and Hawks generated most of their xGs in a couple of flurries towards the end of the game and if this was a one off I wouldn't even bother bringing it up but this has been how it has been going for the Jets for the past 10 or so games now and is starting to become a pattern.

Yeah, I'm not a fan of what we give up when we bunker to defend a lead. This team is much better defending when it keeps their high pressure game up. We don't really have the caliber of players needed to play positional sound sit back defensive game.

Aggie204

Expect the worst, you’ll never be disappointed.
Sep 11, 2015
East St Paul, MB
Looks like I missed a good game. Was with the fam trying to pick a Christmas tree at the Windrift Tree Farm.

How did Chisholm look?

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
They're still an NHL team

The Jets weren't playing the U15 AA Selkirk Fishermen

Snowboy

Oct 12, 2013
Chicago is dead last in the central division
SimpleSimon that was a simple comment.
They're still an NHL team

You make valid comments, their end game leaves a lot to be concerned about, and leaves many fans nervous.They still require a bit more maturing. But they're still good.

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
Chris Poponick and the boyz

Prediction:

NB_Z_bVA_400x400.jpg

1200px-Winnipeg_Jets_Logo_2011.svg.png

JoMo with the first 15

Third period free skate and raffle

If the Jets were up against the St. Anne Coelacanths, Lowe Farm Compression Socks (or even the Teulon Titmice), there'd be trouble.

Last edited:

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Connor hit the post, missed a pass that if he hits it like normal its in the wide open net, Neo's shot goes through the goalie and their defenseman just clears it away before Appleton puts it in. That's 3 goals that could have easily gone in and then the score is 6-1 Jets, i think everyone is happy then right? I liked how the Jets played and i thought Vilardi looked better than his first game back and i thought Chisholm had a good game considering it was his first in the NHL this season.

GaryPoppins

A broken clock is right twice in a day
Sep 10, 2016
Man, Morgan Barron has 4 goals, and Perfetti has 9. Lot of depth on this team. Need to get Kyle Connor going tho. Perfetti had only 8 in all of last year, and now he's surpassed that. He may get around 25 -28 goals this year, and we can really use that.
Never a thought Fetts can’t do it, it’s his recurring theme of not staying healthy. Fingers crossed that’s over. He’s looking real good… dare to start thinking what his next contract comes in at.

Reactions: Adam da bomb

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
He looked pretty good,good skater, hopefully he gets more games.
Don’t see chis getting lot of opportunities as hopefully we will have a healthy D so there won’t be opportunities for development.

Yeah, I'm not a fan of what we give up when we bunker to defend a lead. This team is much better defending when it keeps their high pressure game up. We don't really have the caliber of players needed to play positional sound sit back defensive game.
Yet the coaches, plural, as it’s been that way since conception of new jets can’t see it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad