Post-Game Talk: Jets 3 - Bolts 2 in OT

Status
Not open for further replies.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
That was absolutely horrible. Really ruined my day and, I don’t want to overreact, but my week too. If this keeps up, I’ll probably never watch them live again. And of course, I’m talking about Hall and Oates breaking up. After 53 years too. That really sucks. They’re my favourite music duo. She’s Gone, Rich Girl, Maneater, Out of Touch, Kiss on My List. I could go on. They’re so good.

But hey, at least the Jets played well. They deserved that win, I love how the team is playing and clicking. And Helle looks like he’s back on track.

Deno

Nov 9, 2022
The old Jets were very much due for a horrible game when they get totally dominated by a good team like the Bolts. TBH I thought tonight game would be it.
The Bolts were the better team, but not by much. Still not convinced this team is for real. But hoping they keep proving me wrong.

Reactions: snowkiddin

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
@Mortimer Snerd how did you feel about game as you said jets were just beating up on weaker teams and losing to good teams.

I was waiting to see how they would do against better teams. They did pretty well.:laugh:

TBL just took over from when Jets scored their 2nd goal until they tied it up. But Jets stopped the leaking. Good road game. Good win in OT.

They lost to Dallas. Didn't get run out of the rink, but lost. Beat up on NJD. Won 2 against weaker teams. And now won against TBL on the road. Looks to me like they are starting to win their share against better teams.

howkie

Dec 13, 2014
That was absolutely horrible. Really ruined my day and, I don’t want to overreact, but my week too. If this keeps up, I’ll probably never watch them live again. And of course, I’m talking about Hall and Oates breaking up. After 53 years too. That really sucks. They’re my favourite music duo. She’s Gone, Rich Girl, Maneater, Out of Touch, Kiss on My List. I could go on. They’re so good.

But hey, at least the Jets played well. They deserved that win, I love how the team is playing and clicking. And Helle looks like he’s back on track.
Maybe Leafs should start play Hall and Oates again, so the can get some easy wins.. :P

• Love
Reactions: snowkiddin

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
That's fine considering we're paying him less. He's a net positive when he's on the ice and that's a nice situation to be in. A lot of teams pay more for a player to be a net negative.
Oh yes! I don't really have a bad thing to say about Names - I love him and in my mind he has been a significant driver in the teams turnaround.

If Namestnikov had that finishing touch he wouldn't be a Jet bc we'd never got him the way we did.

The team is top 5 in GF/game. This is what depth does for you. Having said that I thinkbwe fall back a bit as the year goes on unless we can start getting to the slot more. Still far too many of our shots are from the outside.
I think Vilardi is going to help with that.

Another bonus to our outside shots right now is we have guys who can actually score from farther out. This forces the opposition to challenge those guys in areas you might not want to, drawing them out and opening up seams and soft areas in the triangle

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Oh yes! I don't really have a bad thing to say about Names - I love him and in my mind he has been a significant driver in the teams turnaround.

If Namestnikov had that finishing touch he wouldn't be a Jet bc we'd never got him the way we did.

I think Vilardi is going to help with that.

Another bonus to our outside shots right now is we have guys who can actually score from farther out. This forces the opposition to challenge those guys in areas you might not want to, drawing them out and opening up seams and soft areas in the triangle

I'm going to do a deep dive on that later. My sneaking suspicion is its largely due to our third line either being right in the paint or shooting from the outside.

Schiefele and KC seem to be shooting from their usual spots and Cole seems to be getting to the middle a lot as well.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Happy to be able to say that I’ve been really impressed by Perfetti’s game. He’s changed my mind. Farmboy also brought a solid two way game last night. Well done boys!
Yup, I honestly didn't expect him to figure it out so quickly or be so effective this soon.

It's a really good argument against those who say we ruin prospects by overcooking them. We've seen that the team, while cautious with young players will give them opportunities as they show they can handle them.

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
Those standings are sure pretty to look at!
Screenshot 2023-11-23 at 7.45.15 AM.png

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Yup, I honestly didn't expect him to figure it out so quickly or be so effective this soon.

It's a really good argument against those who say we ruin prospects by overcooking them. We've seen that the team, while cautious with young players will give them opportunities as they show they can handle them.

While I agree with the general point Cole doesn't really fit the the overcooking aspect. He made it full time into the NHL his D plus 2 year. That puts him in the Trouba and Ehlers bucket in terms of being advanced quickly.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
While I agree with the general point Cole doesn't really fit the the overcooking aspect. He made it full time into the NHL his D plus 2 year. That puts him in the Trouba and Ehlers bucket in terms of being advanced quickly.
Yeah that's my point. When young players show that they're ready, the team has no problem advancing them.

Of course, having a spot for them plays into it but for the most part the Jets have been very good at balancing team need vs. Dev need with our prospects

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
I'm not going to comment on what Mortimer said, but if you want to use a game to discredit him this isn't it. We won the goalie battle tonight. That's it.
I’m not discrediting anyone asking how another member felt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad