Post-Game Talk: Jets 3 - Bolts 2 in OT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
B.S......Refs have been manipulating games ever since i started watching the NHL about a half century ago. They also have admitted it. It's actually worse these days.......and in my estimation the league with their endorsement of gambling, have put themselves in a very precarious situation that they may regret someday.
Every time we play the Knights it seems like we get a penalty call against us in the last 2-3 minutes of a game it drives me insane each time.

Stumbledore

Jan 1, 2018
Canada
Wow, that must have set you back.
Nope, they were both gifts.

One was from a friend I did a little pro bono work for last year. Other from a son-in-law last time the kids visited from the coast. He was smart enough to open it when everyone else was out so we put a nice dent in it before it went to the back of the shelf.

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
I was reading about this a few weeks ago and the point was made that no, the refs aren't out to get your team, it's just a subconscious bias. They tend to call more penalties against the team that's leading. Some bright spark somewhere did an analysis from box scores and it showed that something like 72% of all penalties are called against the team that was leading at the time. NOTE: I don't recall the exact percent but it was around that number.

For example, last night Samberg got sticked in the face right in front of the ref and there was no call. We were leading 2-0 then. Less than a minute later, we got called for a crosscheck that they could never find on the replay. So we all figure that the ref is out to screw the Jets. Nope, they say that refs just naturally don't see fouls against the team thats leading, but see stuff done against the team thats trailing.
So in other words ... they want the games to be close which imo means they are deciding the outcome. In a tied game you are one bad bounce away from losing because the ref wanted a close game.
A team like the Jets with depth ... its in their best interest to play a fast penalty free games. If the refs are going to call everything it hurts teams with depth even if no goals are scored on the PP. All the lines are effected.
I was not impressed with the no calls on Cirelli running interference twice in OT in the Jets zone which could have lead to a goal but karma kick in. I know if the Jets did that against Vegas it would have been called.

Reactions: Stumbledore
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino