McKenzie: Jesse Puljujarvi has requested a trade from Edmonton

Status
Not open for further replies.

THE Green Man

Dec 27, 2013
Narnia
Pulju and Lucic for Eriksson and Goldy? Just a thought

There would have to be extra incentive of a pick added going to Vancouver- that extra year and NMC is a killer on the Lucic contract.

Virtanen is an interesting suggestion. Aren’t there rumblings that he and Travis Green don’t get along? Significant risk for both teams tho.

I think they get along fine. Haven't heard much in terms of actual turmoil- unlike the Eriksson situation. This is intriguing for sure as I really think Puljuarvi would be a good RW for Pearson and Horvat.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
I wish you kids were around for the Fucale+McCarron+2nd offers for RNH days. Habs fans screamed bloody murder about trading their “future starting goalie” and “budding power forward”.

Nope, don't recall that ever happening. But i do recall all the Yakupov for your 1st round pick + demands from Oilers fans who refused to accept the fact that he was a massive bust. Low IQ players are very unlikely to pan out in the NHL due to quick decision that are required. JP falls in Yakupov's low-IQ territory and for that reason, i feel he will be a bust.

Reactions: ProspectsSTC

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
As a Rangers fan I wouldn’t do it. At worst Andersson will be a really good bottom 6 center and an absolute pest. Puljujarvi has high physical potential but his hockey sense is seriously lacking.
No, at worst Andersson won’t be an NHL player. I wouldn’t do the trade either but I hate how on Hf people like to say that a prospect’s “floor” is something like a 3C or something like that.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
Wanting isn’t always getting, however, if there’s a deal out there that makes sense for Edmonton I’m sure it will be explored.

Ferraro was just on Edmonton radio saying along the lines of “it makes sense for everyone to take another crack at this thing with a new GM and a new staff, everyone gets a fresh slate now”.

Remember Hitchcock didn’t get to pick his assistants, he inherited McLellan’s crew and any biases they might have. The only carryover to Tippett is Gulutzan.

It wouldn’t surprise me to see him traded, but I think any HF vultures hoping to scoop him for a fourth round pick are going to be sorely disappointed.

Think names like Andersson, Alex Nylander, Juolevi, Senyshyn, Svechnikov the Lesser, Jost, Max Jones, Tage Thompson, etc etc. High upside guys that haven’t realized their potential and maybe would benefit from a change of scenery. Edmonton won’t be doing anyone a favour and dumping him off a cliff for a middle pick or other junk.

He could also make some sense to someone like Vegas, who is in a hell of a cap bind. Puljujarvi for Haula/Eakin/Miller could make some sense for both sides. Ditto Toronto. I wouldn’t be interested in dealing him for Brown but a package built around Puljujarvi for a guy like Johansson could also benefit both sides.

I really think Senyshyn is a great one for one here where both teams come out winners.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
I really think Senyshyn is a great one for one here where both teams come out winners.

His AHL production concerns me but I also know there wasn’t much of anything down there for him to play with this season. He’s got enough upside that id think about it. I like the Virtanen suggestion more though.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
To the Rangers would be interesting because of the potential story there with them drafting another top Fin' in Kappo Kakko.

It's difficult to pin point his value. Between this trade preference and the hip surgery, he has not done Edmonton any favors.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
A name I hadn’t considered but an interesting one. As much as I despise the ducks and wish they’d be relegated to the EIHL I’d give it some thought.
Sprong is fast and can score might be a good fit on Mcdavid wing.... or drai if you guys decide to split em up... and likely not really space for him in our line up

Golden Puppers

Mar 20, 2019
:edmonton
Neil Pionk

:rangers
JP

Swap of struggling prospects, one has draft pedigree, one was UDFA. Both seem boom or bust at this point. NYR bring another Fin into the organization with Kaako, EDM gets a RHD with some raw talent but struggles with consistency in overall game.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
:edmonton
Neil Pionk

:rangers
JP

Swap of struggling prospects, one has draft pedigree, one was UDFA. Both seem boom or bust at this point. NYR bring another Fin into the organization with Kaako, EDM gets a RHD with some raw talent but struggles with consistency in overall game.

Maybe? Is Pionk in any way capable of 2nd pairing minutes on a playoff team? We’ve already got Benning for the 3rd pair spot who is absolutely not capable of 2nd pairing minutes at the moment.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Would u accept Connor Brown + Borgman? Or Connor Brown + Tymashov?? If not I understand kid still has big upside

I wouldn’t. I’d add to Puljujarvi for Kapanen or Johnsson but wouldn’t want to do Brown+. I have no idea what we’d do with Borgman and we have a very poor track record with Soviet bloc players.

Goulet17

May 22, 2003
Unless you offer a late 1st/early 2nd or a prospect either the same age or younger that's been struggling, we're not giving him to you for your garbage.

Guys like Andersson, Virtanen, Jost, Zacha come to mind as some targets in a 1 for 1 swap. If you're offering a Ho-Sang or someone like that you'll need to add.

Colorado would not consider that, at least it makes not sense for the Avs.

Reactions: Brett44 and Y3TI

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
For his sake I hope he gets one.

The tough thing is that the areas he needs improvement in are pretty difficult to develop. He doesn't process the NHL game fast enough, his puck skills are pretty dismal, he doesn't use his linemates well, and he doesn't use his frame effectively. Those are some big red flags if I was a pro-scout for an NHL team. Having said that he's a high draft pick with an abundance of tools, and those players always seem to stick around and get those 3rd and 4th opportunities that maybe other players wouldn't.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
For his sake I hope he gets one.

The tough thing is that the areas he needs improvement in are pretty difficult to develop. He doesn't process the NHL game fast enough, his puck skills are pretty dismal, he doesn't use his linemates well, and he doesn't use his frame effectively. Those are some big red flags if I was a pro-scout for an NHL team. Having said that he's a high draft pick with an abundance of tools, and those players always seem to stick around and get those 3rd and 4th opportunities that maybe other players wouldn't.

Biggest red flags include:

1. Very low Hockey IQ
2. Wants out of Edm
3. His Hips lie (Hip Surgery)

If i am a GM, he's not worth dealing for unless you can get him for dirt cheap (3rd round pick or less).

Golden Puppers

Mar 20, 2019
Maybe? Is Pionk in any way capable of 2nd pairing minutes on a playoff team? We’ve already got Benning for the 3rd pair spot who is absolutely not capable of 2nd pairing minutes at the moment.

Right now, absolutely not. Wouldn't make sense for NYR to trade him for a guy who might be on the verge of busting, if he could. He got 1st pair/#1 minutes on the rebuilding NYR last year but he handled them poorly. Struggled defensively and moving the puck and was really bad in transition.

I'm sure you've seen his goal vs MTL last year, he can show you flashes of brilliance like that but I still think he's a long shot to be an impact or regular long-term defenseman in the NHL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad