McKenzie: Jesse Puljujarvi has requested a trade from Edmonton

Status
Not open for further replies.

MortiestOfMortys

Jun 27, 2015
Denver, CO
Robby Fabbri potentially. I would prefer Pavel Zacha, but good luck convincing their fans.

If there's no promising name, I don't see it happening. In all honesty, JP should just sign with Jokerit for the year that was speculated. Work on his English and when he gets back over in a year or two, I'll bet he'd be shocked how much easier it is to find chemistry with his linemates when he can understand what they're saying to him. Same goes for his coaches.

I’d do a Fabbri trade for sure, but I doubt EDM takes that risk. We could throw in a pick and a conditional too for insurance

fr9dd9

Nov 18, 2010
Sweden
The canes might be a great fit, Aho has insanely great hockey iq and was the actuall reason why puljujarvi played so well at wjc 2016.. Ofc its only one tournament, but I still cant stop thinking about it.

Reactions: Ippenator

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Ha ha! That should silence some Oilers fans saying that Edm will get a 1st rounder for him or a very good return.

With that trade request, PoolParty has lost all his value.

Edm will be lucj to get a 3rd rounder for him now. LOL

Taking pleasure in a young man struggling isn’t a good look for you. Weird how it’s almost exclusively fans for Eastern Canadian teams that think this way.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
The canes might be a great fit, Aho has insanely great hockey iq and was the actuall reason why puljujarvi played so well at wjc 2016.. Ofc its only one tournament, but I still cant stop thinking about it.

The problem is about all they’d move for him is guys like Fleury and McKeown, who are also waiver eligible and not upgrades on what we already have. It just shifts the problem from an area where we do need help to an area we don’t.

Reactions: fr9dd9

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
I’d do a Fabbri trade for sure, but I doubt EDM takes that risk. We could throw in a pick and a conditional too for insurance

i dont see where he gets a chance in st louis on the wing

schwartz, tarasenko, thomas/schenn, blais, perron, and maroon if signed are going to be getting the chances. not an ideal roster for him to break in to.

not to mention sunny is probably going to be even better next year and is familiar with the team.

Liver King

Jan 23, 2016
Do Edmonton fans think hes a change of scenery guy that can pan out or just someone who's not gonna meet his potential anywhere

Namikaze Minato

Apr 30, 2009
Beautiful B.C.
Then we just offer sheet Kapanen. All is well.
then the leafs would get more value than a trade of kappy for puljujarvi and Edmonton continues to tighten the cap noose around their own neck. Not sure that's a great plan but I'd love to see mcdavid with somebody as fast as him on his wing.

Periwinkle

Apr 3, 2014
#freepulju

Seriously though, I can't imagine JP having much value, especially since he hasn't played after his hip surgery.
Maybe EDM keeps him around long enough to show case him during pre season and then maybe a late second round pick+AHL player.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
I don’t understand why he would want out? Does he feel he was mishandled? Seems odd to me. Yes
They’re deep on young forwards but not necessarily on wing. So it’s not like he’s got guys blocking his path.

Even if he wants out makes absolutely no sense for Edmonton to trade him now while his value may not be as high as it could be.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
Do Edmonton fans think hes a change of scenery guy that can pan out or just someone who's not gonna meet his potential anywhere
He needs a lot of work. Chiarelli/McLellan/Hitchcock botched his development pretty bad. Him also not wanting to play in the AHL didn't help either.

Reactions: go4hockey

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
then the leafs would get more value than a trade of kappy for puljujarvi and Edmonton continues to tighten the cap noose around their own neck. Not sure that's a great plan but I'd love to see mcdavid with somebody as fast as him on his wing.
Our cap is fine. Russell and Sekera are being replaced in two short years by internally developed defensemen. This summer will probably be the tightest over the next several seasons barring us developing a Norris candidate.

As for McDavid, he already plays with Draisaitl--it's not getting any better than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $50.00