McKenzie: Jesse Puljujarvi has requested a trade from Edmonton

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Was he? I’m frankly shocked by that. He’s waiver fodder.

I think they want to try and keep him around for the 4th line as a spot holder, but he's easily waiver fodder, and if he clears would be a really nice fit for Laval.

JP is no better! You're trading suck for suck!

Hudon has nothing you can say that held him back. JP has the fact that he doesn't speak English, didn't get a lot of time with McDavid and was in a rather bad situation all around. A fresh start might save his career.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Hudon was qualified two days ago. Meaning he's likely part of a package that will be realty in the coming days.

Hudon obviously declined the QO, but his rights remain with MTL since they qualified him.

Lehkonen being young & more established would warrant a much better return than JP though, Edmonton likely has to include it's 3rd pick or do a swap of 38 for 77 OA type deal.

Not interested then. I also want no part of Hudon, not even as a throw in.

Shaw would be a nice get for us but hes just so expensive and I can’t help but feel last year was an aberration.

Habby4Life

Nov 12, 2008
Not interested then. I also want no part of Hudon, not even as a throw in.

Shaw would be a nice get for us but hes just so expensive and I can’t help but feel last year was an aberration.

Better keep adding JP++ if you think the return would be Shaw. Horribad!

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
Keep lowballing I have heard rumor our GM will keep telling you all to get lost

puljujarvi is obviously getting traded for sure, but that tweet is clearly an open message because he had terrible offers so far and trying to get the most out of it, it's gonna get at one point where he'll take the better offer even if in a vacuum it will hurt badly to have wasted a 4OV for the return you get

Reactions: Pointteen and BHD

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
He also got 1st+2nd+3rd for 20 games of Tatar.

And we're loving every bit of it.

It'll really depend. Jarnkrok was actually a similar situation. Didn't want to play in the AHL and thought he was good enough to come right into the NHL. Holland told him no so he wanted out.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
A guy with a career high 35 points for a guy who had 51 points that season. Tough one.

Jarnkrok was still a highly rated prospect and Legwand sucked balls and was out of the NHL shortly after.

Just because Jarnkrok thought he was better than he was and didn't want to properly develop doesn't mean it was a good value trade. Detroit got hosed.

McRpro

Cont. without supporting.
Aug 18, 2006
Clown World
puljujarvi is obviously getting traded for sure, but that tweet is clearly an open message because he had terrible offers so far and trying to get the most out of it, it's gonna get at one point where he'll take the better offer even if in a vacuum it will hurt badly to have wasted a 4OV for the return you get
Why do you think that? It's not like the team will miss him if he's not around. There won't be questions and distractions from the media asking if Jesse would have made the difference after any loses. Better to hold onto his rights if the team doesn't get any good offers.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
And we're loving every bit of it.

It'll really depend. Jarnkrok was actually a similar situation. Didn't want to play in the AHL and thought he was good enough to come right into the NHL. Holland told him no so he wanted out.

Different team situation tho. On the surface Legwand should have been a really good rental for a playoff team.

Reactions: M Ace
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad