Value of: Jesse Puljujärvi

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Sounds good. IMO he won't become an NHL regular. He just does show enough energy without the puck. The kid has skill but desire is something lacking. 4 years and if a prospect has not shown development its time to move on. McCarron is also a bust MTL needs to get rid of.

A lot of Habs fans on this board were throwing McCarron around in every deal imaginable when he still had some upside. Even wanted a straight swap for Khaira. Really glad we hung onto him.

yababy

Jun 26, 2015
I'm happy it was Nuge we actually kept. He's the more versatile player, capable of playing multiple positions in all situations and has always been the more utilized forward. Hall was without question the forward with the higher value, but he was probably the only one of the four who was going to get a high-end player in return.

Furthermore, the likelihood Hall was going to stay a low-cost forward through UFA was also small if the idea was he was going to emerge as an elite winger, as he did last season in NJ. Nuge's ask in UFA probably won't be much higher than he's currently making right now.

You're assuming Nugent-Hopkins will be low cost into UFA?

BTW, one if the best defensive games I've seen out of RNH in in his career

Newsworthy

Jan 28, 2018
USA
Back as far as 2014 I said that Oilers should purge that rotten core. But the order of exit was all wrong. Hall should have been the only one retained rather than the first one out.
My personal exit order: Eberle, Nugent-Hopkins, yakupov, Schultz
I agree but would have kept Schultz rather than trade him for pennies on the dollar.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
When you say things like that it tends to get Oiler fan's hackles up. Puljujarvi is worth more than a 2nd. However he definitely needs time to work on his game. I hope he gets it in the AHL for a while and comes back ready to roll.
Ya it's hard to tell what he's worth. He could get a late 1st if a team wants to gamble on him. A 2nd with another prospect going back to the Oilers would seem fair .

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Ya it's hard to tell what he's worth. He could get a late 1st if a team wants to gamble on him. A 2nd with another prospect going back to the Oilers would seem fair .

According to you.

Dumping Puljujarvi off a cliff for a mediocre 2nd rounder and some longshot scrub would be completely inept asset management - something both Oiler and Hab fans are intimately familiar with.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
According to you.

Dumping Puljujarvi off a cliff for a mediocre 2nd rounder and some longshot scrub would be completely inept asset management - something both Oiler and Hab fans are intimately familiar with.
Who said longshot scub?

McOvechking

Apr 28, 2009
Edmonton, Alberta
A Koskinen-Montoya tandem is the type of thing that gives me night terrors, haha.

Let’s slow the ‘trade Talbot’ Roll.
I just don't see a scenario where the Oilers can re-sign Talbot, but I 100% understand where you're coming from.

What about Koskinen-Hutton?

Puljujarvi, Bear, Talbot, and a 1st for Ristolainen, Hutton, and a 2nd.

Now that I type it out, it feels like overpayment from the Oilers, but curious what Sabres fans would think.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
I just don't see a scenario where the Oilers can re-sign Talbot, but I 100% understand where you're coming from.

Now that I type it out, it feels like overpayment from the Oilers, but curious what Sabres fans would think.

That feels like a lot.

I don’t think I see a scenario where Talbot gets much more than 5 mil - unless he explodes and goes full Vezina Talbot like 16-17 - and by all accounts he and his family love it here. I think if we want to keep him we will be able to.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016

I feel like Buffalo is coming to a point where they would like to add to their current roster, not substract. They now have all the right core pieces and with 3 first rounder next draft I wouldn’t be surprised if they used one of them along with other assets to upgrade a position they feel is weak. I really don’t see them trading young players or current roster players who they feel is part of their core moving forward

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad