Value of: Jesse Puljujärvi

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Sherbak is worth less, a third of a 4th. Not much difference between them now

That’s where you’re wrong.

Every team in the league would offer more than a 2nd for Puljujarvi if he was made available. Which he isn’t.

Guess Ryan Poehling is a bust too eh? 20 in January and not an NHLer yet. So sad.

Habby4Life

Nov 12, 2008
One is 22, the other is 20. Are Logan Brown or Michael McLeod busts? How about Bellows?

Puljujarvi is a top five pick that is not showing the development of one or is anywhere close to. More is expected of guys drafted that high as to being nhl ready. He is a bust.

Habby4Life

Nov 12, 2008
That’s where you’re wrong.

Every team in the league would offer more than a 2nd for Puljujarvi if he was made available. Which he isn’t.

Guess Ryan Poehling is a bust too eh? 20 in January and not an NHLer yet. So sad.

I doubt it. Yak was drafted 1st overall and 4 years later the Oil had to give him away for Zach Pochiro and a late 3rd. Poehling may turn into a bust. Like I said, more is expected of top 5 picks. Sorry it hurts but it is what it is

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
I doubt it. Yak was drafted 1st overall and 4 years later the Oil had to give him away for Zach Pochiro and a late 3rd. Poehling may turn into a bust. Like I said, more is expected of top 5 picks. Sorry it hurts but it is what it is

You know Russians and Finns are different, yeah? And that guys with weird names are different players?

Draft position is irrelevant. If all the is being offered is your spare garbage, you can just hang onto it.

Habby4Life

Nov 12, 2008
You know Russians and Finns are different, yeah? And that guys with weird names are different players?

Draft position is irrelevant. If all the is being offered is your spare garbage, you can just hang onto it.

I'm not offering anything. The question was he worth and I believe its a late 2nd. If you don't like it fine.

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
I'm not offering anything. The question was he worth and I believe its a late 2nd. If you don't like it fine.

When you say things like that it tends to get Oiler fan's hackles up. Puljujarvi is worth more than a 2nd. However he definitely needs time to work on his game. I hope he gets it in the AHL for a while and comes back ready to roll.

Habby4Life

Nov 12, 2008
When you say things like that it tends to get Oiler fan's hackles up. Puljujarvi is worth more than a 2nd. However he definitely needs time to work on his game. I hope he gets it in the AHL for a while and comes back ready to roll.

I understand but when you ask for a players worth and you don't like the reply thats fine but don't get all worked up.

Habby4Life

Nov 12, 2008
After 275 NHL games we still got a third for Yak. Puljujarvi has played 100. Your valuations have no basis in reality.

What’s Zach Fucale up to these days, you guys were trying to foist him off on us for YEARS. :laugh:

Zack is a bust, Sherbak is a bust. I'm not pitching anything. Question was asked what value is Puljujarvi, I believe its a late second. Don't know why you are so worked up. If you think he is worth more than a second great, we differ. No reason to break into hysterics.

Habby4Life

Nov 12, 2008
It's a lowball offer. If I did that for a Habs prospect you'd tell me to go climb a tree, no?

No I would not. I would say thanks but no thanks and move on. This is all hypothetical anyway because it is not up to us. I would not get all worked up.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Zack is a bust, Sherbak is a bust. I'm not pitching anything. Question was asked what value is Puljujarvi, I believe its a late second. Don't know why you are so worked up. If you think he is worth more than a second great, we differ. No reason to break into hysterics.

You being wrong - and somehow proud of it - is sincerely irritating. Not everyone’s opinion is valuable, or worth hearing. I believe this Trump era pride in ignorance will be looked back at the way we look at internment camps today.

Everyone - including the Habs - would offer a lot more than a mediocre 2nd. You think what you want, most people wouldn’t be so quick to dismiss a 20 year old with Puljujarvi’s upside.

You’ve said your piece, and you’ve been called out for it. Back under your bridge now.

Habby4Life

Nov 12, 2008
You being wrong - and somehow proud of it - is sincerely irritating. Not everyone’s opinion is valuable, or worth hearing. I believe this Trump era pride in ignorance will be looked back at the way we look at internment camps today.

Everyone - including the Habs - would offer a lot more than a mediocre 2nd.

Back under your bridge now.

WTF - Trump??? Wow - are you OK?

If you can't handle someone's opinion than maybe don't hang out on message boards. You simply don't like a second round pick, fine, calm down.

Reactions: jj cale

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
WTF - Trump??? Wow - are you OK?

If you can't handle someone's opinion than maybe don't hang out on message boards. You simply don't like a second round pick, fine, calm down.

You’re the one getting hysterical here. :laugh:

You’re entitled to your opinion, and I’m entitled to disagree with it. You think he’s worth a late 2nd. Oiler fans do not agree and have told you to go fly a kite.

Again, you’ve said your piece. There’s nothing more to discuss.

Habby4Life

Nov 12, 2008
You’re the one getting hysterical here. :laugh:

You’re entitled to your opinion, and I’m entitled to disagree with it. You think he’s worth a late 2nd. Oiler fans do not agree and have told you to go fly a kite.

Again, you’ve said your piece. There’s nothing more to discuss.

We agree to disagree. I'm glad you're ok.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
I would do that - IMO Sherbak is bust

And he may well be. There’s a lot more red flags when a forward isn’t a regular NHLer at 22/23 as compared to 20/21, statistically speaking. However, we’re not overly deep in forward prospects so I’d chance a third on Scherbak. If nothing else he’d be another weapon for the Condors lethal PP.

We have an accord.

Habby4Life

Nov 12, 2008
And he may well be. There’s a lot more red flags when a forward isn’t a regular NHLer at 22/23 as compared to 20/21, statistically speaking. However, we’re not overly deep in forward prospects so I’d chance a third on Scherbak. If nothing else he’d be another weapon for the Condors lethal PP.

We have an accord.

Sounds good. IMO he won't become an NHL regular. He just does show enough energy without the puck. The kid has skill but desire is something lacking. 4 years and if a prospect has not shown development its time to move on. McCarron is also a bust MTL needs to get rid of.

Reactions: jj cale

yababy

Jun 26, 2015
What's in that thread? Fans of other teams lowballing one of our assets and a number of posters explaining why we won't trade them? This seems like a similar thread.

Thanks for digging up that thread though. I like seeing old posts where I tell the future.

Back as far as 2014 I said that Oilers should purge that rotten core. But the order of exit was all wrong. Hall should have been the only one retained rather than the first one out.
My personal exit order: Eberle, Nugent-Hopkins, yakupov, Schultz

belair

Balls On The Crest
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Back as far as 2014 I said that Oilers should purge that rotten core. But the order of exit was all wrong. Hall should have been the only one retained rather than the first one out.
My personal exit order: Eberle, Nugent-Hopkins, yakupov, Schultz
I'm happy it was Nuge we actually kept. He's the more versatile player, capable of playing multiple positions in all situations and has always been the more utilized forward. Hall was without question the forward with the higher value, but he was probably the only one of the four who was going to get a high-end player in return.

Furthermore, the likelihood Hall was going to stay a low-cost forward through UFA was also small if the idea was he was going to emerge as an elite winger, as he did last season in NJ. Nuge's ask in UFA probably won't be much higher than he's currently making right now.

AK87

Hall of Famer
Nov 8, 2012
Do as you wanna
Holy man those are bad trades for Edmonton.

Draisaitl + Yamamoto + 1st + 2nd for Laine. Jebus.

Koivu: Sure why not throw another 1st out there? We don't need to draft over the next few years.

Larsson to Dallas for Honka? WTF ?

Just throw out the entire team for a few Finnish players? This is a terribly thought out post. Wow.

Stars will take Larsson for Honka

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad