Value of: Jesse Puljujärvi

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
So if we’re talking a deal with the canes what are we looking at here? One of Fleury, Fox, Bean, Mckeown as the base and then a pick to even it out? Depending on the Dman, the pick goes up or down. Don’t think Carolina’s 1st is in play but Buffalos 2nd could be.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
So if we’re talking a deal with the canes what are we looking at here? One of Fleury, Fox, Bean, Mckeown as the base and then a pick to even it out? Depending on the Dman, the pick goes up or down. Don’t think Carolina’s 1st is in play but Buffalos 2nd could be.

Not really interested in any of them as a base to be honest, but let’s say for fun one of Kuokkanen/Roy/Zykov + one of Bean/Fox and add a pick or whatever to Edmonton to even it out depending on the forward and the dman.

I’ve been down on Fleury for a long time, he’s got ‘career peak of Kris Russell’ written all over him. I never saw him as particularly good even as a WHLer.

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
Not really interested in any of them as a base to be honest, but let’s say for fun one of Kuokkanen/Roy/Zykov + one of Bean/Fox and add a pick or whatever to Edmonton to even it out depending on the forward and the dman.

I’ve been down on Fleury for a long time, he’s got ‘career peak of Kris Russell’ written all over him. I never saw him as particularly good even as a WHLer.

I think two of those pieces plus a pick is a bit of an overpay but I can see why Edmonton would want that. Would also depend on the pick too I suppose. I really like Zykov's game and Roy is one of those classic power forward types that needs time to grow and then could explode.

The only reason I put Fleury and McKeown's name in the mix is because I thought EDM would want to target defence but I guess it would make sense to try to get a D and forward back to fill JP's spot as well.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
I think two of those pieces plus a pick is a bit of an overpay but I can see why Edmonton would want that. Would also depend on the pick too I suppose. I really like Zykov's game and Roy is one of those classic power forward types that needs time to grow and then could explode.

The only reason I put Fleury and McKeown's name in the mix is because I thought EDM would want to target defence but I guess it would make sense to try to get a D and forward back to fill JP's spot as well.

You misunderstood me - depending on the pieces coming back the pick would be on our side.

Our defence is actually not bad and we have good pieces still to come. The bigger issue is forward depth.

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton

I hear good things about these two players. Have you watched them extensively? What is your evaluation of each?

yababy

Jun 26, 2015

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
You misunderstood me - depending on the pieces coming back the pick would be on our side.

Our defence is actually not bad and we have good pieces still to come. The bigger issue is forward depth.

Oh, sorry. My bad. When you said add a pick or whatever to EDM to even it out I thought you were saying 2 players + pick. Definitely closer then. Do you have a preference on any of those players you mentioned?

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
I hear good things about these two players. Have you watched them extensively? What is your evaluation of each?

I haven't seen much of them to be honest. I barely get a chance to watch much more than Hurricanes highlights with my work schedule. I hear good things as well though. Maybe some other fans can chime in.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Oh, sorry. My bad. When you said add a pick or whatever to EDM to even it out I thought you were saying 2 players + pick. Definitely closer then. Do you have a preference on any of those players you mentioned?

Hard to say really. Kuokkanen seems like the most versatile but Zykov probably meets the biggest need.

Let’s call it Zykov/Kuokkanen and Bean (since we have Bouchard and Bear already)

belair

Balls On The Crest
Apr 9, 2010
Canada

DoobieDubas

Legalize Hitting Again
Jul 15, 2018
Toronto
Havent read through the whole thread so sorry if it has been asked before. To the main oilers fans on here that i see alot, What from the maple leafs would you guys think is fair value for JP?

BTW I personally dont agree with the posters on here i like JP's potential.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Havent read through the whole thread so sorry if it has been asked before. To the main oilers fans on here that i see alot, What from the maple leafs would you guys think is fair value for JP?

BTW I personally dont agree with the posters on here i like JP's potential.

I don’t think you’d like it, honestly. Would need to be Kapanen at absolute least... and I’m not honestly sure Kap has more value. He’s two years older and has been no more productive at this level without being spoon fed excellent linemates.

I’m sure you’d offer Brown, or a collection of lesser prospects. Maybe even your first. However, We don’t need longshots or bottom sixers.

Habby4Life

Nov 12, 2008
Puljujarvi is worth maybe a late second round or third round pick at best. I bet he is in the KHL in three years. Another Yakupov.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad