Jersey Patch coming

Ricelund

̶W̶e̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶t̶e̶a̶m̶
Apr 16, 2006
New York, NY
They always ease you into it before going full on.
Yeah, I knew this was coming when they changed the size of the captains letters.

It's amusing that jersey ads fire up the pitchforks against rampant capitalism but not the arena deals and other such bullshit.
I think plenty of people are pissed off about the arena deals.

RED WINGS STOMP

Nov 28, 2022
Bunch of nothing really.

Unless we lose tonight with that thing on. I will put 1000% of the blame on that patch and demand its immediate removal.

• Haha
Reactions: Sparty

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
noted-notes.gif

Just making a list for next time putting ads on jerseys comes up and everyone acts like the world is ending.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
@izlez

People can be offended by the continued proliferation of advertising on every square inch of a sport they like to watch. It doesn't mean they think the world is ending.

(I quoted your post but because you're quoting yourself I guess it didn't work? strange)

izlez

Feb 28, 2012
@izlez

People can be offended by the continued proliferation of advertising on every square inch of a sport they like to watch. It doesn't mean they think the world is ending.

(I quoted your post but because you're quoting yourself I guess it didn't work? strange)
They can.

It's also weird that those same people can celebrate a person who went out of their way to buy a jersey of a player loaded up with advertisements and ask where they can buy said jersey loaded up with advertisements for themselves

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
Edit: I suppose you might have some posters blocked causing some confusion:

Thanks. Yeah, it must have been posted by somebody on my ignore list.

As for the patch itself, it's kind of a non issue, all things considered. Fairly small, uses the original color palette, and isn't some gaudy or overly complex logo.

I'm whelmed.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

Mar 4, 2004
They can.

It's also weird that those same people can celebrate a person who went out of their way to buy a jersey of a player loaded up with advertisements and ask where they can buy said jersey loaded up with advertisements for themselves
I don't know what this is referring to I was just pointing out your strawman.

In the threads about ads on jerseys there's been much discussion about whether they'll be on the ones available for fans to purchase and how most people don't want that.

izlez

Feb 28, 2012
I don't know what this is referring to I was just pointing out your strawman.

In the threads about ads on jerseys there's been much discussion about whether they'll be on the ones available for fans to purchase and how most people don't want that.
I guess it probably wasn't clear what I was doing with my posts. The post I quoted of myself with the GIF from the office linked back to a thread where Ogee bought a Rogle jersey with ads all over it. That post had 24 likes with several other comments complimenting it and asking where to get one.

It just kinda seems like people like ads once they get used to them

Reactions: Lazlo Hollyfeld

lhsgolf19

Oct 4, 2016
Birmingham, MI
Every iconic MLB and NBA jersey/uniform has a patch/logo... get a freaking grip.

Who gives a damn lol... If I was a company who could make another 10s of millions of dollars, I'd do it too.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

Mar 4, 2004
I guess it probably wasn't clear what I was doing with my posts. The post I quoted of myself with the GIF from the office linked back to a thread where Ogee bought a Rogle jersey with ads all over it. That post had 24 likes with several other comments complimenting it and asking where to get one.

It just kinda seems like people like ads once they get used to them

I think that's a bad assumption.

There's a difference between getting a jersey commemorating a player's time on a Swedish team versus watching your team wear that abomination every game.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

Mar 4, 2004
Every iconic MLB and NBA jersey/uniform has a patch/logo... get a freaking grip.

Who gives a damn lol... If I was a company who could make another 10s of millions of dollars, I'd do it too.

You seem as worked up about it as anyone else here.

Why would I care what MLB and the NBA do? I don't watch those sports. Though I thought MLB only had the jersey manufacturer on it. And I'm pretty sure the NFL doesn't have any if we're counting major pro sports.

The NHL has some great traditions like only having one Stanley Cup. People like the jerseys (sweaters), including the throwback ones. They identify with the team and its history. Seeing players wearing the winged wheel that Gordie Howe wore.

It's not surprising people would be upset at the NHL continuing to slap advertising on every visible square inch of the sport. Now we get to see Larkin wear the same jersey as Yzerman and Howe, but with a trash company logo on it. Whoopeee!!

It's a patch... It's 2024... All Big Business is about making money & it's a Michigan-Based Company.

It sucks but it's not a huge deal

Obviously. But many businesses will forego certain money making propositions if it diminishes the image, quality and reputation of the product.

The NHL apparently has no qualms about that.

raymond23

Go Griffs Go
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2017
Grand Rapids, MI
"Woven into the chest and hearts of our players, this message is a reminder of who we are and the legacy we've built."

I can't believe people try to sell this shit to us with a straight face.

But hey, some marketing company got paid a lot of money to write that

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
I mean, if all it takes is a patch on a jersey to get people to realize that corporations and billionaires aren't their friends... good? I guess?

But hey, some marketing company got paid a lot of money to write that
Some marketing company got paid a lot of money for that. The intern that actually wrote it, probably didn't.

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
You seem as worked up about it as anyone else here.

Why would I care what MLB and the NBA do? I don't watch those sports. Though I thought MLB only had the jersey manufacturer on it. And I'm pretty sure the NFL doesn't have any if we're counting major pro sports.

The NHL has some great traditions like only having one Stanley Cup. People like the jerseys (sweaters), including the throwback ones. They identify with the team and its history. Seeing players wearing the winged wheel that Gordie Howe wore.

It's not surprising people would be upset at the NHL continuing to slap advertising on every visible square inch of the sport. Now we get to see Larkin wear the same jersey as Yzerman and Howe, but with a trash company logo on it. Whoopeee!!

Obviously. But many businesses will forego certain money making propositions if it diminishes the image, quality and reputation of the product.

The NHL apparently has no qualms about that.
Only if they think they'll get caught and enough people care so they don't actually make more money. But they'll trade rep for cash all day every day.

Reactions: jaster

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad