Jarnkrok 5 points for bieber

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
I'm not too mad, I didnt think it was suspension worthy. Late hit, boarding, penalty and an unfortunate injury.

Ironically within the last couple of weeks Hal Gill and Chris Mason had a segment on players protecting themselves from injury along the boards. Jarnkrok did everything wrong on that play as far as self protection goes, that's not to say it was his fault, only that he could have probably avoided injury on that hit.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
It seems pretty much every neutral fan on here sees nothing wrong with the hit. I'm a firm believer that if you're the only one not seeing something you're probably wrong, so maybe the hit wasn't as bad as we think.

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
It seems pretty much every neutral fan on here sees nothing wrong with the hit. I'm a firm believer that if you're the only one not seeing something you're probably wrong, so maybe the hit wasn't as bad as we think.
yep i was really surprised. i thought it was definitely a game or 2. but neutral (had to dig through all the jets fans spamming the thread) fans pretty much all said wasn't nothing too bad about it. a penalty yes but no suspension. one or 2 may have said a suspension. i had just thought since he was hurt, there was a good chance. since injuries seemed to play a big part in DOPS' decisions.

oh well, just move on. and hope jarnkrok is back for the playoffs. i doubt we see him though for 6-8 weeks minimum.

Reactions: Drake744

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
I think because of the speed that it occurred after the puck was gone would be why its not dirty. I agree with no suspension, but it sucks if its an AC joint or collarbone related injury.

Just like that the Tolvanen doesn't fit comments are moot.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Because it rarely if ever happens.....

The closest I can think of is when that ref was injured during one of our games, but it was by the opponent and he got suspended for that. I forget names, but I think it was against Calgary.

I felt like the hit was clean but it was a little bit late watching it in real time--I was no doubt influenced by Chris Mason's comments. Looking at it later, it was a bit blindside but Calle needs to pay attention, too. In comparison to what Forsberg was suspended for then Copp (?) should have been suspended, too. But the Forsberg suspension was ridiculous so...maybe the DOPS realized that? The league is always learning from our mishaps, it seems.

Reactions: NoNecksCurse

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
I think the reason a lot of us see it a certain way is because of the Forsberg suspension. It seems like trying to understand what is/is not suspension worthy is about as simple as understanding what is/is not goalie interference.

Reactions: GeauxPreds1

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
I don't care that there was no suspension. I'd just like an explanation why Forsberg's hit was worth a 3 game suspension and Copp's hit wasn't worthy of anything.
Serious question here. I've wondered (maybe other people have too I just haven't seen it) if the league took into account Vesey's sour history with the Preds and added in some kind of "targeting intent", in which the act resulted in an injury. Of course with most questionable hits there's at least a small amount of "targeting", but I wonder if the league thought Forsberg may have been seeking out a chance to do something to Vesey.

I doubt it though because the league probably has no clue he was our prospect.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
tolvanen1718_0.jpg

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
Rest of the season is 4 weeks. If it's a 6 week heal then Jarnkrok will miss the 1st rd. If Eeli comes in steal Hook's job it would be impressive.

ThirdManIn

Aug 9, 2009
Yeah seems to be shoulder/arm related as he left in a sling.

And is anyone really surprised there was no hearing? I can't recall when a hearing was called for something done to one of our players.

Haley was suspended just shy of a year ago for a suckerpunch on Jarnkrok.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad