Jarnkrok 5 points for bieber

ThirdManIn

Aug 9, 2009
It seems pretty much every neutral fan on here sees nothing wrong with the hit. I'm a firm believer that if you're the only one not seeing something you're probably wrong, so maybe the hit wasn't as bad as we think.

I was pretty pissed about it when it happened, but the next day when I saw a replay of it I'm not sure I can be too angry. It was a bit late. A minor for interference, or boarding, would have been nice since it was late and Jarnkrok was in a bad spot near the boards. No suspension doesn't really bother me, though. I feel like being so angry about Forsberg's injury kind of precludes me from being angry about a lack of suspension for another hit that probably doesn't deserve it (then again, there is an argument to be made for consistency as well, so it can go either way).

nine_inch_fang

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2004
Nashville
I was pretty pissed about it when it happened, but the next day when I saw a replay of it I'm not sure I can be too angry. It was a bit late. A minor for interference, or boarding, would have been nice since it was late and Jarnkrok was in a bad spot near the boards. No suspension doesn't really bother me, though. I feel like being so angry about Forsberg's injury kind of precludes me from being angry about a lack of suspension for another hit that probably doesn't deserve it (then again, there is an argument to be made for consistency as well, so it can go either way).
The problem is the refs sucked sooo bad they missed the interference call. If there had been a penalty for interference there would have been an automatic review trigger by the injury.

Last edited:

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Hopefully, Calle can visit Mr. Fiala's docs and get/have done whatever healed him up so fast. Would love to see him back in the lineup by mid April.

Reactions: Vali Maki Sushi

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
If it’s a collarbone or separated shoulder then he could be back for the first round. Obviously would like to hold off as much as possible though so let’s just be sure to sweep the first 2 rounds ok?

GeauxPreds1

Jul 5, 2017
Murfreesboro
I think we want to see a suspension because Forsberg was suspended for something similar which you can say copp's hit was way later... I don't think either was suspendable hit.. maybe when buff bulldogged jarnkroks face to the ice deserved a review. It's like they were targeting jarnkrok and Smith all night

Reactions: myFialabot

Roman Yoshi

Aug 16, 2009
Franklin, TN
I think the hit was borderline. I don’t think it was suspendable. There were worse things that happened in that game.

Having said that, how Forsberg was suspended 3 games and some other crap in this league goes unpunished. Well. I have a lot of thoughts on that but I may look like I have a tinfoil hat.

Datsyukian Deke

The Captain is Home!!
Apr 5, 2012
Middle Tennessee
Meanwhile, @Datsyukian Deke is just sitting there wishing he could agonize over his team losing Jarnkrok to an injury.................
Oh, there's been a lot more to agonize about in recent years to more than fill that void, sadly, ha.
At this point, I'm rooting for the end of the season to hurry up and get here for Holland & Blashill to both get canned prior to the draft, hopefully. Quite sad, I admit; however, the possible prospect for a top 3 draft pick (or even 1st overall) is foreign to me, so I'm rather enjoying the current journey in that regard.

Still sucks to see someone of Jarnkrok's ability go down the way that he did, so close to the home stretch of the regular season.

Reactions: avssuc

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
Quite sad, I admit; however, the possible prospect for a top 3 draft pick (or even 1st overall) is foreign to me, so I'm rather enjoying the current journey in that regard.

It's all about what you make of it. The Preds had a pretty terrible season a few years back, primarily driven by injury, and it resulted in us getting Seth Jones. I stopped rooting for wins at some point and started being happy for losses.

Gotta have perspective, I tell this to my English friends who have Premier League teams that exist primarily at the bottom of the standings. Look at it this way guys, early in the season you're hoping your team is good. By the middle of the season you at least get to root for avoiding relegation. Much better than just being in the middle of the pack and bored out of your minds!

Reactions: Datsyukian Deke

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
I want to congratulate Jarnkrok for becoming a father.
Congratulations to Calle and Sonna!

I read an update on a FB post from Denise McCann (she'd posted a video of all the Players wives/girlfriends who were pregnant at the fashion show) this morning where Claudia Weber said baby had been born. Do you know if it's a girl? I am thinking so since she said Sonna was "in the pink", but she could have been describing the dress she was wearing in the picture. If there is a silver lining to his being out, I guess this is it.

Bjornar Moxnes

Stem Rødt og Felix Unger Sörum
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
Congratulations to Calle and Sonna!

I read an update on a FB post from Denise McCann (she'd posted a video of all the Players wives/girlfriends who were pregnant at the fashion show) this morning where Claudia Weber said baby had been born. Do you know if it's a girl? I am thinking so since she said Sonna was "in the pink", but she could have been describing the dress she was wearing in the picture. If there is a silver lining to his being out, I guess this is it.

It's Sanna haha. Met her in Toronto at Ripley's Aquarium back in January on their bye week, she's a super nice person.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
It's Sanna haha. Met her in Toronto at Ripley's Aquarium back in January on their bye week, she's a super nice person.
Right. I misread the name on the picture. How is that pronounced, like Sauna, Donna or like Hannah? I'm just curious about pronunciations in general, having grown up with an unusual last name.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
What's the actual proper way to pronounce Rinne and Saros? I remember during the Final last year that Finnish announcer said "Ree-nuh", whereas we generally say it "Ree-nay" (unless you're the Buffalo announcer and can't decide between 8 different ways of saying it). I guess logic would tell me that's the proper way. Saros I have no idea. Also, is it accurate that Salomaki translates to Silver Hill?

Gh24

Feb 12, 2014
"salo" means a large uninhabited forest area or blackwoods
and "mäki" means a hill

So....blackwoods hill?

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
Here's one with Saros, he doesn't say it but you can here the interviewer pronounce it at the very beginning. He says Saros just like we say it here on the Preds broadcasts, but they pronounce Juuse more like oozay

Last edited:

Gh24

Feb 12, 2014
https://www.nordicbet.com/fi/blogi/nhlwam/season-6-osa-14/

Interviews of Salty, Juuse and Peks, in finnish of course.

From 1:58 forward until Peks interview Salomaki says Juuse's name a few times
From 7:20 forward until the end of the interviews Juuse's name is mentioned several times, at least once by Rinne as well.

I saw this video for the first time and Saros revealed the background for his number. New information for me at least. His older brother wore #7 in floorball and his father wore #4 as a basketball referee. His brother would later switch to #74 as well, but that's where it comes from.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
https://www.nordicbet.com/fi/blogi/nhlwam/season-6-osa-14/

Interviews of Salty, Juuse and Peks, in finnish of course.

From 1:58 forward until Peks interview Salomaki says Juuse's name a few times
From 7:20 forward until the end of the interviews Juuse's name is mentioned several times, at least once by Rinne as well.

I saw this video for the first time and Saros revealed the background for his number. New information for me at least. His older brother wore #7 in floorball and his father wore #4 as a basketball referee. His brother would later switch to #74 as well, but that's where it comes from.
That's pretty cool actually.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad