Player Discussion Jakub Jerabek

Status
Not open for further replies.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
There are some players like that that I want to forget.....:laugh:

Spacek, was mmuch more thicker though. But hey if he becomes a Spacek, THE good Spacek, that will be a heck of a steal. But I'm now a fan of ''let's wait and see'' in regards to steals we are suppose to have made....Fine to give him a shot.

Honestly I thought he was refering to the great Tomas Kaberle.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Sure. I have no problem with trying him. Just want for people to slow down on expectations. All great to read how he'd replace Nesterov (who was not a top 6 fixture next year) but I start seeing the bye bye Beaulieu and frankly...we should be careful. Getting him or not should not be determining as to whether Beaulieu stays or not.

I doubt he's here to replace Nesterov who was a 7th D, I would think he's been added to play in the top 6 depending on what the roster looks like. What Gragnani or others did in the league means nothing, it's what Jerabek can bring that matters.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
When you can't develop your own players, you pick the ones the Euro leagues have developped properly.

Lekhonen was produced by the SEL, Jerabek by the Czech league. Now, let's find a no.1 centerman there. Signing Shipachev + Radulov might be the easiest solution for Bergevin.

There might be reasons other than money as to why Radulov wants to wait to sign here, they're just not saying it on tv to embarrass Bergevin.

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
Hard to dislike this, if it doesn't work out it doesn't cost a thing. Highest scoring D man on his team by a wide margin, the scouting report indicates he has offensive potential which we desperately need back there.

Habernack

BookHockey
Feb 10, 2010
Toronto
Even if LV takes a D... somethings gotta give.

Markov - Weber
Emelin - Petry
Beaulieu - Benn

Davidson - Nesterov

Jerabek - Lernout
Redmond - Hanley

Sergachev - Juulsen

edit: I added Markov because I find it hard to believe that he doesn't come back. And Brolieu because he's RFA

Last edited:

Hannibal

Fear the Weber
Feb 11, 2007
Even if LV takes a D... somethings gotta give.

Markov - Weber
Emelin - Petry
Beaulieu - Benn

Davidson - Nesterov

Jerabek - Lernout
Redmond - Hanley

Sergachev - Juulsen

edit: I added Markov because I find it hard to believe that he doesn't come back. And Brolieu because he's RFA

Pretty sure Beaulieu and Nesterov won't be back.

Sergachev and Juulsen probably won't start in the NHL. Julien is smart enough to not rush a young defenceman. Redmond and Hanley are AHL Bound.

Lernout might be making a surprise at trainning camp and make big club.

get25

Oct 17, 2015
He got the same numbers as Zaitsev did last year.
Could turn out to be a top-4.

ProspectsFanatic

Nov 13, 2012
I expect him to be a 3rd pairing Dman. Hope he surpasses those expectations.

We have a big surplus on D (expecting we resign Markov), even if Vegas pick a D (won't necessarily happen though), moves are bond to happen. I expect Beaulieu to be on the move, MB didn't really had his back during press conference.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Sorry. My bad. I thought it was a done deal.

it is, just can't be announced yet as his contract in the KHL doesn't end till Sunday. Expect this to be announced on Monday. I wouldn't think this has too much to do with the expansion draft in that I assume they saw the chance to add talent and it won't cost them anything.

Habernack

BookHockey
Feb 10, 2010
Toronto
Pretty sure Beaulieu and Nesterov won't be back.

Sergachev and Juulsen probably won't start in the NHL. Julien is smart enough to not rush a young defenceman. Redmond and Hanley are AHL Bound.

Lernout might be making a surprise at trainning camp and make big club.

You're pretty sure eh? phew! I was worried we'd be stuck with the same old mediocre D next year. Thanks man.

LePoche69

Jul 15, 2004
Montreal
The same way Nesterov and Barberio were replacement for Beaulieu and put in the top 6 and top 4 by the same people.

Well really, Beaulieu is the #7 if you consider he wasn't in the lineup for the single most important game of the season.

Nesterov is worse than Beau, but Barberio is at least his equal; not as skilled, but more stable and reliable.

jfm133

Nov 6, 2015
Good move since it does not cost anything. The optimistic ones can look at Mark Streit. He came here at 27, almost 28, and was developped in the Swiss league. Look at how his offensive stats improved in the NHL. Gainey was dumb enough to let him go for nothing. I am saying Jerabek will be as good as Streit. All I say is that we don't know and Streit is a good example of the upside a smaller European D can have when in his mid 20.

LastWordArmy

Sep 11, 2011
Canada
Gonna make the same point when the Oilers signed Belov (KHL Chris Pronger).
Russia sucks at developing Dman, and KHL dman have been atrociously bad for over a decade.

Really hoping this guy bucks the trend, but it's a longshot at best.

Markov at his age, is still the best Russian Dman in the world. Provorov shows a bit of promise, but I'm not holding my breath for him (he played Junior in the WHL rather than the Russian system). Thankfully Sergachev is in the OHL.

http://www.nhl.com/stats/player?agg...mesPlayed,gte,1&sort=points,goals,gamesPlayed

Since the Red Army program fell, Russia's defensemen are developing like a discombobulated mess.

There's a long history of failed Dmen trying to transition from the KHL. The odds aren't good Jerabek amounts to anything.

Its a good thing he's not Russian then, and spent a grand total of 1 year in the KHL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad