Player Discussion Jakub Jerabek

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Do you really believe he doesn't know he need a couple center ?
a

He was joking...it's okay :)

But really, if it wasn't obvious before, we're millimetres away from seeing the end of Brainfart Beaulieu with the Canadiens......DEHORS....and don't let the door hit you on the way out!

schnapshot

Mendoza baby
Jan 8, 2015
Montreal
Gonna make the same point when the Oilers signed Belov (KHL Chris Pronger).
Russia sucks at developing Dman, and KHL dman have been atrociously bad for over a decade.

Really hoping this guy bucks the trend, but it's a longshot at best.

Markov at his age, is still the best Russian Dman in the world. Provorov shows a bit of promise, but I'm not holding my breath for him (he played Junior in the WHL rather than the Russian system). Thankfully Sergachev is in the OHL.

http://www.nhl.com/stats/player?agg...mesPlayed,gte,1&sort=points,goals,gamesPlayed

Since the Red Army program fell, Russia's defensemen are developing like a discombobulated mess.

There's a long history of failed Dmen trying to transition from the KHL. The odds aren't good Jerabek amounts to anything.
Belov was older and was never an offensive force in the KHL, except the year right before he was signed. Jerabek is 25 and has better offensive stats. He actually had better PPG this year than Zaitsev last year before signing with the Leafs so we should be stoked IMO.

Means that Beaulieu (and Nesterov of course) are as good as gone.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
a

He was joking...it's okay :)

But really, if it wasn't obvious before, we're millimetres away from seeing the end of Brainfart Beaulieu with the Canadiens......DEHORS....and don't let the door hit you on the way out!

Once Beaulieu goes we effectively have no one developed by Lefebvre on the roster.

What a job he's done.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Once Beaulieu goes we effectively have no one developed by Lefebvre on the roster.

What a job he's done.

They need to jettison the entire staff there. It's been an obvious fail. There's gotta be someone in the Q that can coach this team. Especially now that it's in Laval, it should be easier to attract top end Q coaches.

hockeyfan2k11

Jun 11, 2011
Every Bergie move after the Habs get eliminated seems to be universally celebrated.

I'll rate this move when I see how he plays in a Habs jersey.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
They need to jettison the entire staff there. It's been an obvious fail. There's gotta be someone in the Q that can coach this team. Especially now that it's in Laval, it should be easier to attract top end Q coaches.

Dominic Ducharme.

He had a run with MacKinnon, Drouin, Ehlers and Meier.

He has coached offensive prospects in the past, won a memorial cup.

Fish on The Sand

Untouchable
Feb 28, 2002
Canada
I'm fine with this. Good chance he'll be better than Beaulieu and if it turns out he sucks it'll be just like the Sekac signing. In other words it won't cost us anything.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Dominic Ducharme.

He had a run with MacKinnon, Drouin, Ehlers and Meier.

He has coached offensive prospects in the past, won a memorial cup.

That's the guy I was thinking of!!....I don't know much about him except the obvious team Canada thing. Just seems to me you'd want a younger, new generation thinking type coach.

LePoche69

Jul 15, 2004
Montreal
No he was just 6 feet, he happened to be thick though.

Honestly, he just sounds like a better option than Nesterov, Hanley, Johnston, etc if there is a need to plug him in the lineup. If he steals a spot in training camp, even better.

But this means Bergevin and his scouts had an eye on the KHL which is good news for other potential targets.

I think they had no choice because of how poor is Habs' prospect pool

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Beaulieu is just not bright. When you get sent to the pressbox and your answer is I didn't learn anything.....:confused:

Actually I'd say it's probably the most honest answer I've ever heard.
This idea that you learn anything from going to pressbox is pure garbage. If your play is bad because your work ethic sucks and you don't seem to care, then sure, send him up as he's giving an half ass effort. But if you're being sent up there because you're simply making mistakes, well then nothing is going to change.
You actually have to practice and be thought how to fix your game.

Imagine if all you had to do is send players to pressbox for them to learn the game...everyone would always improve. Not how it works.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Hope he develops into something great. I would rather he develop in the AHL, than the KHL.

he developed in the Czech league, it remains to be seen what he will be but he spent 7 of the last 8 years in the Czech league.

With players like Gragnani, Gilroy and Lepisto.....

which means very little for a 25 year old rookie putting up points in one of the top leagues in the world. He's either going to have success in the NHL or he's not, but he's shown he can produce everywhere he goes, now we need to see how he does in the NHL.

On a side note he played with Hossa last year in the Czech league and Balej the year before.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
How much younger is he than them though...

Sure. I have no problem with trying him. Just want for people to slow down on expectations. All great to read how he'd replace Nesterov (who was not a top 6 fixture next year) but I start seeing the bye bye Beaulieu and frankly...we should be careful. Getting him or not should not be determining as to whether Beaulieu stays or not.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Actually I'd say it's probably the most honest answer I've ever heard.
This idea that you learn anything from going to pressbox is pure garbage. If your play is bad because your work ethic sucks and you don't seem to care, then sure, send him up as he's giving an half ass effort. But if you're being sent up there because you're simply making mistakes, well then nothing is going to change.
You actually have to practice and be thought how to fix your game.

Imagine if all you had to do is send players to pressbox for them to learn the game...everyone would always improve. Not how it works.

Well, that's exactly why. You can add his concentration level too.

It's like your kid misbehaving and sending them to their room for reflection. If they come out of there and haven't learned a damn thing, there's a problem.....

When I got sent to my room as a kid (and it happened often), I knew exactly why and changed certain things. Now, because I was young (I'm sure my dad wanted to trade me at some point), I repeated the same mistakes and dad would keep sending me there. Eventually, I got it.....Beaulieu?... well he gets in bar brawls with his dad so his answer doesn't surprise me, he doesn't learn things!

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
which means very little for a 25 year old rookie putting up points in one of the top leagues in the world. He's either going to have success in the NHL or he's not, but he's shown he can produce everywhere he goes, now we need to see how he does in the NHL.

Not downplaying what he has done. But putting everything in context for people who already see him in our top 4. No matter the age he has, would we immediately take Gragnani or any other d-men like that in our top 4. Surely not. What's great about him is that he is still developing compared to the others so for the short future, he might very well become better than those guys. But we should just see him right now as another part who will be in audition comes September....but with no real certainty that it will work out.

BigHabs

Aug 3, 2009
So Beaulieu / Nesterov probably gone. If Emelin was to go to Vegas our backend would look like:

Markov Weber
Jerabek Petry
Davidson Benn

Sergachev maybe???

This is barring any trades or free agent signings. I would be interested in adding a Karl Alzner for the second pairing to play shutdown alongside Petry.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
I think they had no choice because of how poor is Habs' prospect pool

That would not be a good thing in the sense that we are a rich team and there is no excuse for not having scouts everywhere on this planet that kids lace up skates to play hockey at a high level. There should not have to be another reason to be watching the KHL.

Uncle Gary

Apr 12, 2014
Hard to really care about this. People already slotting him in as an NHL regular are out to lunch.

Kafka

Mar 1, 2002
Montreal
Visit site
When you can't develop your own players, you pick the ones the Euro leagues have developped properly.

Lekhonen was produced by the SEL, Jerabek by the Czech league. Now, let's find a no.1 centerman there. Signing Shipachev + Radulov might be the easiest solution for Bergevin.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
So Beaulieu / Nesterov probably gone. If Emelin was to go to Vegas our backend would look like:

Markov Weber
Jerabek Petry
Davidson Benn

Sergachev maybe???

This is barring any trades or free agent signings. I would be interested in adding a Karl Alzner for the second pairing to play shutdown alongside Petry.

Rather keep Emelin and rid ourselves of Plekanec.

Jerabek will probably be our #7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad