Player Discussion Jakub Jerabek

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Would give him a 2 year contract at 1.5M a year.

I think he’s showing he’s serviceable and capable of being an NHL defencman. He’s still relatively young, mobile and showing some offensive upside now that he’s getting more comfortable. Seeing as we’re relatively weak on the left, with Mete being the only solid LD prospect we have, I don’t think that’s unreasonable. That being said, I can see him signing for less than that, closer to the million dollar range. Bergevin seems pretty good at getting those deals done.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I think he’s showing he’s serviceable and capable of being an NHL defencman. He’s still relatively young, mobile and showing some offensive upside now that he’s getting more comfortable. Seeing as we’re relatively weak on the left, with Mete being the only solid LD prospect we have, I don’t think that’s unreasonable. That being said, I can see him signing for less than that, closer to the million dollar range. Bergevin seems pretty good at getting those deals done.

He's at 925K now. It's a two way deal. So a one way deal at 1.15M-1.25M may satisfy Jerabek. And I would go for a 3-year deal.

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
He's at 925K now. It's a two way deal. So a one way deal at 1.15M-1.25M may satisfy Jerabek. And I would go for a 3-year deal.
We'll see how he finishes the year, but he's starting to heat up production wise. I think he'll be getting north of 2+ million easily if he finishes the year strong.

rhinoshawarma

Nov 15, 2014
He's getting better every game, learning how to play on NA ice and NHL is not easy. He's showing good signs and actually jumps into the play offensively and tries to create things instead of just long dump-in passes or zone exits off the boards. Really liking him thus far, his improvement shows

Re-sign please

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada

I think if we offer him a one way deal north of 1 millions for 2 years he'll accept it. The hardest part about being a NHLer is to get your foot in the door. Once it's done you can ride for a couple of years based on reputation of being an NHLer. A two years one way deal would do that for him. Taking a chance this summer could end up with him having to return in europe.

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick
Jerabek has been playing north of 18 minutes a game since Dec 30th.
He's looking more comfortable as he plays more.
I want to see him on the PP more instead of Schlemko.

seems insane to be giving Schlemko ice time on the PP right now but I imagine they'll look to trade him anyway as we get close to the deadline

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Saw that Pierre Lebrun said during the 1st intermission last night that the Habs haven't had talks yet with his agent but that he thinks he will be back (assuming he wants to be back) Will be interesting to see what kind of deal he gets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad