Player Discussion Jakub Jerabek

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Love Kramer tweet....

Does it mean that if we can't put our hands on Jerabek, Nesterov was coming back? :laugh:

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
But he was a man beast was he not? Wasn't overly fast no but I don't remember him being small

No he was just 6 feet, he happened to be thick though.

Honestly, he just sounds like a better option than Nesterov, Hanley, Johnston, etc if there is a need to plug him in the lineup. If he steals a spot in training camp, even better.

But this means Bergevin and his scouts had an eye on the KHL which is good news for other potential targets.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
How dare you forget the great Space Goat, Jaroslav Spacek.

Bad shot, not very physical, not fast, but he was thicker and a bit taller.

There are some players like that that I want to forget.....:laugh:

Spacek, was mmuch more thicker though. But hey if he becomes a Spacek, THE good Spacek, that will be a heck of a steal. But I'm now a fan of ''let's wait and see'' in regards to steals we are suppose to have made....Fine to give him a shot.

Bloumeister

Meister Mojo Rising
Apr 30, 2010
Planet Of Sound
twitter.com
Love Kramer tweet....

Does it mean that if we can't put our hands on Jerabek, Nesterov was coming back? :laugh:

His stats do show that he adapted/elevated his game from U18 to U20 to the KHL. Could become a pleasant surprise... but he's not Weber's 1st pairing answer yet ;)

Maybe we should ask ThaDevilGirl what she thinks of Jerabek? She was at that game (1:09 mark) :sarcasm:

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Getting creative............MB you old dog you!!!

Now, about that centre ice spot..........? LOL

This seems like a very good move, it sure looks like the Habs have their eyes on the KHL which is very encouraging!!

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
Nothing to lose in these signings, better this then Bergevin trading for a D at the deadline and costing us a 4th or 5th.

Perfect_Drug

Mar 24, 2006
Montreal
Gonna make the same point when the Oilers signed Belov (KHL Chris Pronger).
Russia sucks at developing Dman, and KHL dman have been atrociously bad for over a decade.

Really hoping this guy bucks the trend, but it's a longshot at best.

Markov at his age, is still the best Russian Dman in the world. Provorov shows a bit of promise, but I'm not holding my breath for him (he played Junior in the WHL rather than the Russian system). Thankfully Sergachev is in the OHL.

http://www.nhl.com/stats/player?agg...mesPlayed,gte,1&sort=points,goals,gamesPlayed

Since the Red Army program fell, Russia's defensemen are developing like a discombobulated mess.

There's a long history of failed Dmen trying to transition from the KHL. The odds aren't good Jerabek amounts to anything.

MaynardJames

Jul 6, 2007
Quebec
Getting creative............MB you old dog you!!!

Now, about that centre ice spot..........? LOL

This seems like a very good move, it sure looks like the Habs have their eyes on the KHL which is very encouraging!!

Do you really believe he doesn't know he need a couple center ?

The Nightman

Plateaued User
Aug 13, 2006
Tough to really make a judgement on the guy without having seen him play yet. Either way, free asset.

Will watch some Czech games for sure.

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
Gonna make the same point when the Oilers signed Belov (KHL Chris Pronger).
Russia sucks at developing Dman, and KHL dman have been atrociously bad for over a decade.

Really hoping this guy bucks the trend, but it's a longshot at best.

Markov at his age, is still the best Russian Dman in the world. Provorov shows a bit of promise, but I'm not holding my breath for him (he played Junior in the WHL rather than the Russian system). Thankfully Sergachev is in the OHL.

http://www.nhl.com/stats/player?agg...mesPlayed,gte,1&sort=points,goals,gamesPlayed

Since the Red Army program fell, Russia's defensemen are developing like a discombobulated mess.

There's a long history of failed Dmen trying to transition from the KHL. The odds aren't good Jerabek amounts to anything.

He's not Russian and he's only played in the KHL one year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad