Speculation: Jakob Chychrun being held out of the Coyotes lineup until a trade is completed

Status
Not open for further replies.

RJMA

Feb 15, 2023
He and Chychrun had a conversation and Chychrun would rather not sit through another rebuild........that's been widely reported by pretty literally everyone.
Rebuild? He means...build. Building forever. Can't rebuild something that was never built.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
During one of the intermissions of the CBJ/BUF game last night, Emily Kaplan straight up said that Armstrong has received offers from 2 different teams that meet his reported asking price.......but that he's now holding out to get the absolute most possible.

We'll see if she's right or not. But apparently he has gotten what he wants, but now wants more if possible. If that's the case, we'll hear about a trade roughly 3:15 PM ET tomorrow (as in, league office gets it at 2:59).
I thought she said that two teams had met the price but the issue was Arizona not wanting to take money back

I noted it because it meant neither team was the Sabres who continue to do nothing to help their franchise.

• Love
Reactions: LizzyDangle

RJMA

Feb 15, 2023
He asked to be traded.
Yup, confirms what I have said so far. Personally, if I'm BA, I test Chychrun's professionalism and tell Jake to eat shit and tell him to prove his worth by getting the Yotes to the playoffs in 2024. Lord knows the West is dogshit compared to the East.

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
I thought she said that two teams had met the price but the issue was Arizona not wanting to take money back

I noted it because it meant neither team was the Sabres who continue to do nothing to help their franchise.

If it's money, what an absolute shitstain of a franchise.

KrakenSabresMike

Oct 7, 2020
Yup, confirms what I have said so far. Personally, if I'm BA, I test Chychrun's professionalism and tell Jake to eat shit and tell him to prove his worth by getting the Yotes to the playoffs in 2024. Lord knows the West is dogshit compared to the East.
And then Jake will talk to other folks when they ask about AZ and make people want to go there even less - there are no trade clauses/ free agents/ people who need to be resigned that you have to consider.

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
Chychrun’s last game was Feb 10th. The deadline is March 3rd. That’s 21 days. Sitting a 24 year old top pairing D for 3 full weeks “for trade purposes” and then not trading him would be such a circus. Of course it Arizona. At this point, I’m leaning 85/15 that he won’t be moved and this whole gong show will be for naught.

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
It's either Buffalo or no one.

1) They're the only team that deserves him.

2) Cap space

I’d rather see Buffalo go after Parayko. Veteran D who has won a Cup and plays the right side/RH adds more to their group. Dahlin, Power and Samuelsson are all LH. I know Dahlin or Samuelsson plays on the right, but even so, Chychrun would be a 4th LH D in the top four. Parayko would be a bonkers partner for Power. The size, reach and talent on that pairing would be insane and Parayko would be a good mentor.

• Wow
Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

LizzyDangle

Mar 1, 2023

We have the opposite problem in Toronto which we are absolutely loving. Can't imagine management not doing at least something in their power to improve. Must be tough

I hear Sabres have lots of prospects though maybe they feel they don't need to look outside

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
So who is still in on him? Pens and Caps? Wonder if the price changes at all...

RJMA

Feb 15, 2023
And then Jake will talk to other folks when they ask about AZ and make people want to go there even less - there are no trade clauses/ free agents/ people who need to be resigned that you have to consider.
Literally impossible

And you're overrating team reputation. 5% of these guys are stars and maybe care about winning. The other 95% are mercenaries and don't care who signs the paycheck.

Last edited:

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
So who is still in on him? Pens and Caps? Wonder if the price changes at all...
I am sure the sens are but they dont have the prospect or pick depth to get it done. Maybe in a 3 way deal with Carolina where Ottawa trades them Debrincat.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
So now that's Mayo and Ghost who've been jettisoned off the team, all while Chychrun's been kept out of every single game for the last three weeks, "for trade reasons".

Who's next? :biglaugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad