Speculation: Jakob Chychrun being held out of the Coyotes lineup until a trade is completed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gilmour1996

Oct 16, 2022
I wonder if Chychrun told training staff that he had an issue after last game so they pulled him from future games hoping he'll "heal up" so he wouldn't go to his new team complaining about something that happened while playing for Arizona?

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015
CANES:
1676306339699.png

lanceuppercut75

Feb 20, 2016
Toronto area
What I want to know :

1 - Were LA and Arizona attempting to work out a deal with Chychrun AND Vejmelka involved?

2 - Could we see Los Angeles make a goalie trade with Chicago (Petersen+ for Mrazek) or San Jose (Petersen+ for Kahkonen), and then move that new goalie to Arizona in the Chychrun Vejmelka trade, which Arizona would be more comfortable with? Mrazek and Kahkonen contracts both have less term and lower cap hit.

Reactions: ck26

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I think it was more about the compensation for taking on that contract.

Yeah this could be it. I think moving Petersen's contract likely would cost a 1st, and with including both Chychrun and Vejmelka from the Coyotes side, you're looking at a massive addition to Petersen from the Kings end.

That's why Clarke as the main piece made so much sense, he has so much value on his own that the additions on top of him and Petersen would be more manageable. If Clarke and Byfield aren't on the table, the Kings are going to have to add so much to complete that deal. At least the value of a 1st to get out of Petersen's deal plus the value of 2 1sts and a prospect for Chychrun plus the value of Vejmelka.

You're probably looking at the value of 5 1sts to complete that deal from the Kings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad