Prospect Info: Jake Evans

Status
Not open for further replies.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
You mean like Marner is bulked up. Honestly, I don't know who started this "he needs to bulk up" idea.

I don't think he has Marner's skating or anywhere near it. How is Evans' skating anyways? From what I've seen it looks good but not quite good enough to be anything spectacular. It would be great if he could still get faster.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
You mean like Marner is bulked up. Honestly, I don't know who started this "he needs to bulk up" idea.

If you have elite smarts and elite skating, you can get away with not being strong enough in corners and on the boards.

Marner was a top 4 pick.. Evans was our last pick of that draft, there's quite a parity between skating/skill/intelligence between the two.

Evans has been a pleasant surprise and maybe he will trend into a NHL player, maybe even a top 6 player, but let's not get him confused for Gaudreau or Marner, who are two of the best skilled players in the league.

Evans will have to engage physically along the boards, look at Galchenyuk, he has all the talent in the world but he looks awful on nights he doesn't implicate himself physically to retrieve pucks.

Even if Evans was so smart, shifty, skilled and gifted at skating.. would it honestly be horrible if he had NHL strength, too?

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
they are also changing division and they reached frozen four without any good senior so they might be the top team next year since nobody should leave. Might be good for him at least way better than Lefebvre.

They could lose their 2 best players as the sabers want to sign the goalie Cal Petersen and after the year Anders Bjork I got to think he turns pro with boston.

I'd say he needs to bulk up for sure, he's very skinny.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Getting set for the Notre Dame game on my TSN GO app synced to my Apple TV and will enjoy it on my TV :nod:

Let's hope Evans and the Fighting Irish can overcome the #1 ranked team in the NCAA. The winner will face Minnesota-Duluth in the Finals. They beat Harvard 2-1 in the other Semi-Final earlier.

pled

Sep 7, 2009
Getting set for the Notre Dame game on my TSN GO app synced to my Apple TV and will enjoy it on my TV :nod:

Let's hope Evans and the Fighting Irish can overcome the #1 ranked team in the NCAA. The winner will face Minnesota-Duluth in the Finals. They beat Harvard 2-1 in the other Semi-Final earlier.

they overcame seed 4 and 5 why not 1 now ?

pled

Sep 7, 2009
Only team in the Frozen Four not ranked, right?

they were ranked around 12. the other 3 are literally the 3 top seed and like I said our 2 regional opponent were 4th(Lowell) and 5th(Minnesota) so yeah quite the underdog.

they will most likely lose but they made it to Chicago that's already an achievement.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Denver just made it 3-0. It's a shame because even though Notre Dame were down by 2 goals, they were knocking on the door and you can smell a goal was coming. Unfortunately, Denver counter, they benefit from a ND defenseman falling, and go on a 2-on-1 and make it count.

Jake Evans has a little meanness to him. He's been involved in a few post-whistle scrums. I like that. He's actually having a good game. He created a few plays that almost lead to a goal, but they missed their chances. I've seen him like twice and I liked what I saw.

Denver just made it 4-0. Wrap around. The goalie was too aggressive on one side, but wasn't able to stretch back in time to cover the other side of the net. A few ND players were around but they didn't put their stick in the way to knock the puck off. Evans was one of them.

5-0 now. Good night, Irene. Turning the game off. But I will say, I do like Evans.

Last edited:

LastWordArmy

Sep 11, 2011
Canada
29-11 in shots. As I said, its a slaughter.

Denver is just too deep, and have been cycling on the Irish all night, with no answer for it.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
29-11 in shots. As I said, its a slaughter.

Denver is just too deep, and have been cycling on the Irish all night, with no answer for it.

Notre Dame started the 2nd period hungry. They were playing a lot better than Denver. They just failed to put the puck in the back of the net. And even though Denver was stuck in their zone most of the start of the period, they caught a break on that 2-on-1 that was created due to a Notre Dame d-man falling. That was the stake through the Irish's heart. Goals 4 and 5 were Denver twisting the stake around.

It's a shame the shots in this game aren't the same as the Erie/London game earlier tonight. 46-12 in favor of Erie... London comes out with a 2-0 win. Can't say the same for Jake Evans' team.

LastWordArmy

Sep 11, 2011
Canada
Notre Dame started the 2nd period hungry. They were playing a lot better than Denver. They just failed to put the puck in the back of the net. And even though Denver was stuck in their zone most of the start of the period, they caught a break on that 2-on-1 that was created due to a Notre Dame d-man falling. That was the stake through the Irish's heart. Goals 4 and 5 were Denver twisting the stake around.

It's a shame the shots in this game aren't the same as the Erie/London game earlier tonight. 46-12 in favor of Erie... London comes out with a 2-0 win. Can't say the same for Jake Evans' team.

They played well for a few minutes at the start of the second. And by well, that was even, they weren't "playing a lot better than Denver"... there was like a 10 minute stretch that was about even.

The entire first period they couldn't get out of their end.

After Denver got the third goal, it turned into a slaughter again.

End of the 2nd I turned it off... so i don't know what happened in the third.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Any chance he could be joinging Laval next year? Or going back to Notre Dame for finale year?

Notre Dame just lost their 2 best players to the NHL in the past few weeks, although Peterson hasn't signed yet as he appears to be using the NCAA loophole to become a UFA. I think he could go to the AHL next year, even though he needs to get stronger and add some mass. If Lefebvre is back, I hope he goes back to Notre Dame, he has a really good coach in Jeff Jackson who coached the Guelph Storm and was an assistant for NYI. He's also coached for Team USA at the WJC's and assistant coach for Team USA at the 1998 Winter Olympics.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
He could be one of those late season NCAA signings that teams always do before heading into the playoffs.

He's been playing vs men for what will be 4yrs now, perhaps with a strong season at Notre Dame he could sign later this year and push for a roster spot?

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
He could be one of those late season NCAA signings that teams always do before heading into the playoffs.

He's been playing vs men for what will be 4yrs now, perhaps with a strong season at Notre Dame he could sign later this year and push for a roster spot?

I doubt it, the big concern is his lack of strength and mass, he's made really good progress each year but he still needs to make a good bit of progression with his physical tools as he must get stronger. He's improved his skating and speed but needs to continue to do so. He's smart, hard working and skilled but should need a year or two in the AHL imo. I do think he could play in the AHL this year and be ok but he's going to be the guy at Notre Dame and plays for a top coach so another year would be good for him and then had to Laval the following season.

Aug 25, 2009
éal
I doubt it, the big concern is his lack of strength and mass, he's made really good progress each year but he still needs to make a good bit of progression with his physical tools as he must get stronger. He's improved his skating and speed but needs to continue to do so. He's smart, hard working and skilled but should need a year or two in the AHL imo. I do think he could play in the AHL this year and be ok but he's going to be the guy at Notre Dame and plays for a top coach so another year would be good for him and then had to Laval the following season.

Thanks! Didnt knew about his coach. Hope he stays in Notre-Dame a finale year then.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
I do think he could play in the AHL this year and be ok but he's going to be the guy at Notre Dame and plays for a top coach so another year would be good for him and then had to Laval the following season.

The longer he stays away from our AHL team the better.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
How is Vedjemo not depressing right now? And Evans...well I can't wait till he reaches the pros to see how his game will be. Yep, we can add Poehling and Ikonen for sure. The greatest part about the most recent draft, is that we are still at the time when we can think that every player will be a star.....Don't worry, I do think Poehling and Ikonen will succeed, but just saying, the last draft that just happened are always filled with pro potential until they don't.

As of now, even if we take every other "prospect" we have that has already played 2 or 3 years of pro hockey, and aside from the last draft, only Hudon and Scherbak might fit the bill of a top 6 player. And we all know that they also might still be very far from it.
I'm curious what happens with Evans come March/April...

Will he sign? Will he be mature enough to perhaps step in the Habs lineup (unlikely I know).

He's a bit of an obscure prospect, but with what will be 4yrs at a strong program, he might be more of a prospect than we all think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad