Player Discussion Jake DeBrusk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
In terms of looks alone, I must not be the first person to point out that he looks like Samsonov's twin, right?

Wow, I knew he looked familiar and I couldn't place why. I never thought of Samsonov- nice one :laugh:

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Six pts in his last 5 games, just like the AHL he got accustomed to it and started to play his game.

ORRMAN

Dec 3, 2008
This kid could be special. He has surprising speed and great IQ. If I had a "do-over" chance to swap DeBrusk for Barzal, I wouldn't do it. Barzal looks good, no doubt, but the new NHL is all about speed and DeBrusk has that over Barzal.

neelyforpresident

Dec 25, 2007
Washington
This kid could be special. He has surprising speed and great IQ. If I had a "do-over" chance to swap DeBrusk for Barzal, I wouldn't do it. Barzal looks good, no doubt, but the new NHL is all about speed and DeBrusk has that over Barzal.

No, wouldn’t swap him. Like DeBrusk’s game...I would, however, love a “do-over” and swap Barzal with Zboril.

ORRMAN

Dec 3, 2008
No, wouldn’t swap him. Like DeBrusk’s game...I would, however, love a “do-over” and swap Barzal with Zboril.
Who knows how they develop? Zboril could be the best of the lot. Barzal looks real good, as does DeBrusk. Let's just wait and see. Best tool box might be Senyshyn.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I need some help fans, this is about the 5th/6th time I`ve ventured into this Jake DeBrusk thread only to be directed to either the Islanders or Jets thread cuz all I`m seeing is Barzal/Connor talk

I understand Hf recently changed things up, maybe it`s just my system, can someone redirect me to the B`s/DeBrusk thread please and thanks:help:

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
That pass to Krejci on the first goal was a thing of beauty.

Unfortunate that he had to be on his off-wing (too many lefties) on Kessel goal. Bumped the pass up the boards out to center of his own zone. Pens jumped on it.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I need some help fans, this is about the 5th/6th time I`ve ventured into this Jake DeBrusk thread only to be directed to either the Islanders or Jets thread cuz all I`m seeing is Barzal/Connor talk

I understand Hf recently changed things up, maybe it`s just my system, can someone redirect me to the B`s/DeBrusk thread please and thanks:help:
Barzal is getting his own sticky on Main Thread

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Kid has the total package. He can shoot and pass, brings a physical element, can skate well, seems to be defensively aware and trys to play at both ends of the ice.

pkunit

Jun 18, 2010
Calgary
Who knows how they develop? Zboril could be the best of the lot. Barzal looks real good, as does DeBrusk. Let's just wait and see. Best tool box might be Senyshyn.
Must be motivating for Zboril and Senyshyn to watch Debrusk make the leap. I wonder if all three will ever combine for a goal on the score sheet? That would be special.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
I can't remember the last time I saw a healthy scratch light a fire under a guy like it appears to have done with DeBrusk. He has been fun to watch. Obviously he is doing well with Krejci, but I'd also like to see what he could do with Bergeron sometime.

DoubleAAAA

Jun 5, 2009
Really happy with the kid. You could tell from his playoff performance in Prov that he was close.

Also happy with how Heinen has come on, he had never really stood out to me either in the NHL stints or the Prov games I was able to watch here and there, but seems like he's caught up to the pace now

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Is this guy light years behind Marner ?

I know Mitch will break out of it but all I read is Marner is great and DeBrusk is a bust

patty59

Apr 6, 2008
Lethbridge, Alberta
I can't remember the last time I saw a healthy scratch light a fire under a guy like it appears to have done with DeBrusk. He has been fun to watch. Obviously he is doing well with Krejci, but I'd also like to see what he could do with Bergeron sometime.

Going from Schaller and Belesekey to Krejci and Cehlarik probably had more to do with it than being scratched.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad