Player Discussion Jake DeBrusk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don Cherry

Sep 28, 2017
The fire that he had was quickly extinguished tonight as he seemed afraid to go to the net along with all his teammates not named Riley Nash.

GlenFeatherstone

Feb 15, 2016
Here you go again with your act. Knew you’d be back at it after Edmonton game. You’re the definition of a broken record

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Okay, so there was a funny clip on Behind the B tonight. Jake was wearing a mic in the game against LA. He lined up wrong for a faceoff, and Chara came over and said something to him and kind of pushed him in the right direction. So he goes over and lines up, and Doughty is there. Jake says "I listen to Zee!" And Doughty says "that might be a good idea" :laugh:

I'm easily amused.

whatsbruin

Feb 27, 2002
Central, NY
This guy can snipe.
Really impressed with his shot.
I can remember 4 of his goals this year, that were snipes.
I'm including the spin around, vs Isles, which may have been more luck but still.
Last nights goal was a laser.
If that type of shot is more of the norm, then he's looking like a 25 to 30 goal scorer.
Well done Jake.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
He seems to love playing hockey - what more can you say.

he does, when I get the chance to watch a NESN telecast here as everyone knows, they often pan to the bench and just watching all the kids there, they all seem to be having a blast. Have to think having this much youth on the team must ignite the fire of some of the vets

frickinbobby

Sep 21, 2017
Okay, so there was a funny clip on Behind the B tonight. Jake was wearing a mic in the game against LA. He lined up wrong for a faceoff, and Chara came over and said something to him and kind of pushed him in the right direction. So he goes over and lines up, and Doughty is there. Jake says "I listen to Zee!" And Doughty says "that might be a good idea" :laugh:

I'm easily amused.

i just read this and thought it was a cool anecdote so i went to 'like' it and turns out i already had.

signs of the times.

i too, am easily amused.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I've said it before that Jake Debrusk reminds me of a miniature version of Rick Nash. The way he skates, and moves with the puck. Not saying he's going to be as good as Nash was in his prime, but Jake Debrusk is a heck of a player in his own right.

Reactions: BadBruins

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Kid can play. His development curve has been amazing.

Love that line with Spooner and Bjork too. They had some great chances last night, including that laser show goal he scored.

Liked Bjork`s last two games since his return from concussion and scratch, the kid has some terrific pursuit skills too

patty59

Apr 6, 2008
Lethbridge, Alberta
Where is patty59? He told me about him early '15. Everything he has said has been right on.

His game a translated to the NHL almost seamlessly. I never go the knock on his skating, he's been a great skater since Jr, I'm guessing it's because his dad was a big dude and they never paid much attention to him. I don't know. He's got a deadly shot too.

Reactions: DrJustice

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
I did not know you could do that. That will come in handy when Rasks its atop the league in goalie stats and I need to call people out on it.

I wish more people knew. I read a thread and a week later see my name. If they had used @ I would have seen it immediately. A week later, there have been to many posts to reply to it.

If I did reply a week late people will think I am lazy. If I don't reply, then people will think I am ignorant. I'll take the latter right @DKH @LouJersey ?

BlackCrowes

Sep 10, 2014
Sunny Old Lyme
I've said it before that Jake Debrusk reminds me of a miniature version of Rick Nash. The way he skates, and moves with the puck. Not saying he's going to be as good as Nash was in his prime, but Jake Debrusk is a heck of a player in his own right.

Jimmy Murphy on Twitter compared him to Randy Burridge, which I thought was great for many reasons, mainly that I had a Burridge jersey back in the late 80's. He was my favorite player growing up, and ever since I've seen Jake I thought to myself "Man, I love the way this kid plays...." Maybe that's the reason??? Either way, I just love watching Jake and all the kids. As others have said, this is a pretty good time to be a Bruins fan, loving the ride!!!

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Where are all those people that were calling JDB "DeBust" before this season?

Right now, there are only two significantly ahead of him in points, Boeser and Barzal. Connor is one point ahead and has been getting top line minutes (17:43 vs 14:12) in WPG with top 3 linemates (currently Scheifele and Wheeler vs Spooner and Bjork).

Wonder how many points "DeBust" would have playing almost 18 minutes per with Scheifele and Wheeler??

BlackCrowes

Sep 10, 2014
Sunny Old Lyme
Where are all those people that were calling JDB "DeBust" before this season?

Right now, there are only two significantly ahead of him in points, Boeser and Barzal. Connor is one point ahead and has been getting top line minutes (17:43 vs 14:12) in WPG with top 3 linemates (currently Scheifele and Wheeler vs Spooner and Bjork).

Wonder how many points DeBrusk would have playing almost 18 minutes per with Scheifele and Wheeler??

Or if he was riding shotgun with Bergeron and Marchand?? (If he was a righty, I guess, but you get the point...)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad