Recalled/Assigned: Jack Roslovic signs ELC [now recalled 04/02/2017]

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Expecting higher than a 3C might be optimistic, but he's got the skillset and smarts that makes me think he might be better than a 3rd liner on a good team.

I think he's a 3C, with 2C upside. He's got speed, smarts, and the hands to be a real contributor down the road, and I'm looking forward to seeing him push some of the vets when he's given a chance.

Grind

Stomacheache AllStar
Jan 25, 2012
Manitoba
Expecting higher than a 3C might be optimistic, but he's got the skillset and smarts that makes me think he might be better than a 3rd liner on a good team.

Agreed.

Higher then 3c is really bucking the odds at 25 overall but it sure would be nice.

That was a crazy deep draft though and I've always thought of him as essentially having a ceiling of "Brian Little".

Probably unlikely he gets that good but I certainly wouldn't write him off of second line potential yet.

Peggy

Aug 6, 2016
Some of these players with solid foundations end up being better than your expect

It's part of y bryan little is under rated

Probably part of y morrisey was underwhelming
It's not impressive until it's done in the NHL
Then it's appreciated

Last edited:

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Agreed.

Higher then 3c is really bucking the odds at 25 overall but it sure would be nice.

That was a crazy deep draft though and I've always thought of him as essentially having a ceiling of "Brian Little".

Probably unlikely he gets that good but I certainly wouldn't write him off of second line potential yet.

I think Roslovic might be a bit quicker than Little, but Little is stronger and can play better in traffic at this point. I don't think it's a huge stretch to think that Roslovic might have 2C potential. His development trajectory has been very good since being drafted.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014

Have to keep remembering that he is in the A 1 full year earlier than normal. It is not unprecedented (Nylander last year) but it is rare enough that the usual benchmarks don't apply. His performance has been very good.

Looking just at scoring he could be doing it one way and look more like a 3C or another way that looks more like a 2C. He is doing it with speed, skill and smarts. That kind of hints at 2C to me.

I don't want to get carried away but I think he might be that Little replacement in another couple of years. That would open up a lot of options.

portamoral

Nov 6, 2015
roslovic easily has #1C potential

no question. his floor is a 3C imo, could step in next year and be that no problem. super underrated guy

PegCityJets9

Jun 21, 2011
Winnipeg
twitter.com
I've been to all but 3 or 4 Moose games this year and I see major glimpses of Ehlers in Roslovic. They way he can skate, his vision and even a bit of his shot. He's gonna be a gooder.

Grind

Stomacheache AllStar
Jan 25, 2012
Manitoba
roslovic easily has #1C potential

no question. his floor is a 3C imo, could step in next year and be that no problem. super underrated guy

There's no such thing as a floor above where a players currently performing.

That being said I agree he has the potential to be a 1C...As I have compared him to Brian Little who has been a 1 c.

He might not be a top 15 center, but he could end up top 30.

I like his game a lot.

Grind

Stomacheache AllStar
Jan 25, 2012
Manitoba
NHLe of 28... so sure, assuming a smooth transition

As a massive NHLE proponent it doesn't always go expected.

Floors literally mean what a player is guaranteed to do. You can only guarantee what he has done.

I expect he'd handle being a 3C no problem, but until he does it, well you just never know.

The important part is there are at least a few guys who've performed similarly and become first line centers, so I definitely agree it's not unreasonable he could get there.

I guess it's not unreasonable that he could be called up tomorrow and be a 3C as well, but...I wouldn't guarantee it ;)

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg

Floors literally mean what a player is guaranteed to do. You can only guarantee what he has done.

I expect he'd handle being a 3C no problem, but until he does it, well you just never know.

The important part is there are at least a few guys who've performed similarly and become first line centers, so I definitely agree it's not unreasonable he could get there.

I guess it's not unreasonable that he could be called up tomorrow and be a 3C as well, but...I wouldn't guarantee it ;)

Let's remember the cautionary tale of Niclas Bergfors who scored 40pts in 65 games in AHL at 18 (one year younger than Roslovic), 6pts in 6gp in WJC, and had many of the same attributes as Roslovic (smooth fast skater, good hands, good shot). And he never became an NHL regular having just one good season split between New Jersey and Atlanta.

I'm NOT saying Roslovic will be like Bergfors, just saying as you are that we don't know the floor until we see it.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
I'll say it now, with some confidence... Roslovic is no Bergfors.

Bergfors once scored 21 goals and had 44 points in the NHL. We have no idea if Roslovic can even get to that level.

Point being he may be a 1st line C, he may be a career minor league, there's just no way to know until/if he arrives.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Bergfors once scored 21 goals and had 44 points in the NHL. We have no idea if Roslovic can even get to that level.

Point being he may be a 1st line C, he may be a career minor league, there's just no way to know until/if he arrives.

I stand by my viewpoint... I doubt that Roslovic will follow Bergfors' trajectory. I think Roslovic is going to be a good NHLer.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I stand by my viewpoint... I doubt that Roslovic will follow Bergfors' trajectory. I think Roslovic is going to be a good NHLer.

Everybody agrees with you until you state that prediction as an absolute. The discussion is about his floor. It is what he has done and no more. His ceiling is apparently 1C. The probable landing spot seems to be between 2C & 3C. Maybe he ends up a 2RW for all we know.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Everybody agrees with you until you state that prediction as an absolute. The discussion is about his floor. It is what he has done and no more. His ceiling is apparently 1C. The probable landing spot seems to be between 2C & 3C. Maybe he ends up a 2RW for all we know.

Show me where I came close to stating anything as an absolute. I was clear that this is my opinion. I've been wrong before and I'll be wrong in the future, maybe about Roslovic. But I stand by my opinion that he's no Bergfors and will be a solid NHLer.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Show me where I came close to stating anything as an absolute. I was clear that this is my opinion. I've been wrong before and I'll be wrong in the future, maybe about Roslovic. But I stand by my opinion that he's no Bergfors and will be a solid NHLer.

Didn't mean to imply that you had Whileee. I know it sounded that way but just badly stated. :)

I know nothing about Bergfors but I have pretty high (and climbing) expectations for Roslovic.

jets2020champs

Nov 6, 2016
Canada
I'd like Roslovic, Connor, Lemieux and DeLeo to stay in the AHL next year to further their development as hockey men. There's enough young talent that the jets don't need to rush these guys. Hopefully, with some added talent and leadership, the moose can get into the playoffs and give these guys the experience they need.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Didn't mean to imply that you had Whileee. I know it sounded that way but just badly stated. :)

I know nothing about Bergfors but I have pretty high (and climbing) expectations for Roslovic.

My only point was not to Whileee either. Just saying that people saying Roslovic's floor as a 3C are just wrong. His floor in 1/2C in AHL, since that is what he has shown to be so far. Never know with development. He will likely continue to get better and likely should be an NHLer at some point at some level there, but we just don't know yet.

MardyBum

Jul 4, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
My only point was not to Whileee either. Just saying that people saying Roslovic's floor as a 3C are just wrong. His floor in 1/2C in AHL, since that is what he has shown to be so far. Never know with development. He will likely continue to get better and likely should be an NHLer at some point at some level there, but we just don't know yet.

Yeah, not a fan of the "his floor is this" arguments you see for guys not in the NHL. Heck we even see it with undrafted prospects "Oh with his build and skating he's a third line player minimum".

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com

Well of course a player is unlikely to be the extreme worst case scenario. Just like the player is unlikely the extreme best case scenario.

Hope for the best.
Plan for the worst.
Expect the most likely.

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb

Yep. The floor is what you're standing on. The ceiling is somewhere above you.

Damn, that's actually pretty deep when you think about it. Mind you, the drinking has started early. There is a Jets game tonight to get through. ;)

Grind

Stomacheache AllStar
Jan 25, 2012
Manitoba
Yep. The floor is what you're standing on. The ceiling is somewhere above you.

Damn, that's actually pretty deep when you think about it. Mind you, the drinking has started early. There is a Jets game tonight to get through. ;)
Bahahah well said my friend, well said.

csk

Nov 5, 2015
Winnipeg, MB

I agree, that's why I said "assuming a smooth transition"

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad