Recalled/Assigned: Jack Roslovic signs ELC [now recalled 04/02/2017]

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I love being wrong.

10 points in 10 games baby.

"The nice part about being a pessimist is that you are constantly being either proven right or pleasantly surprised."

- George Will

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
I would have liked to have seen him between Armia and MP about 10 days ago.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I really like the fact that Connor and Roslovic are down there growing together. We're going to need them in the future, and if we can call up a duo that has already formed chemistry, that'd be awesome.

100% agree. Watching Petan and Morrissey come up after their time in the AHL made me appreciate how critical the AHL can be in the development "process".

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
100% agree. Watching Petan and Morrissey come up after their time in the AHL made me appreciate how critical the AHL can be in the development "process".

Still baffled as to how JM looks so much better to me at the NHL level than he did in the AHL. Must be the Buff factor, as in good out of necessity. ;)

fmrdh

Mar 5, 2013
Still baffled as to how JM looks so much better to me at the NHL level than he did in the AHL. Must be the Buff factor, as in good out of necessity. ;)

Well he was playing for a bad coach on the tire fire on ice called the Manitoba Moose last year. Hard to say how he would have done if he was on another team or in the NHL.

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg

Every guy recalled at the end of last year looked better out here with the jets. As my one buddy who plays in the show says, it's easier playing in the NHL then any other league. Guys are always in the right spot, and playing with better players can make you better too.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Every guy recalled at the end of last year looked better out here with the jets. As my one buddy who plays in the show says, it's easier playing in the NHL then any other league. Guys are always in the right spot, and playing with better players can make you better too.

Agreed. Very skilled players can struggle at the AHL level because although players are fast and strong, they don't have the skill and hockey sense so top talents have a more difficult time showing their skill.

I think Connor and Roslovic are going to be dandies at the NHL level. The Jets have so much forward skill and depth in the organization.

Laine
Ehlers
Scheifele
Wheeler
Little
Perreault
Armia
Dano
Petan
Copp
Connor
Roslovic

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Agreed. Very skilled players can struggle at the AHL level because although players are fast and strong, they don't have the skill and hockey sense so top talents have a more difficult time showing their skill.

I think Connor and Roslovic are going to be dandies at the NHL level. The Jets have so much forward skill and depth in the organization.

Laine
Ehlers
Scheifele
Wheeler
Little
Perreault
Armia
Dano
Petan
Copp
Connor
Roslovic

You left Lowry so that is 13, minus 1 for LV = a very good 12 starters. There is still a bit of depth left in the A.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Matthias?

Yes, him too. So far a very good bottom 6 player. Don't know that he will be re-signed after next year though.

More on topic, is Roslo looking more and more like a steal at 25, or what?

Not my favourite pick but only because I wanted D at that spot. But he is showing a lot of skill and speed and can play C. Will he develop into a Little replacement? Or is he more likely a high skill 3C?

Last edited:

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Yes, him too. So far a very good bottom 6 player. Don't know that he will be re-signed after next year though.

More on topic, is Roslo looking more and more like a steal at 25, or what?

Not my favourite pick but only because I wanted D at that spot. But he is showing a lot of skill and speed and can play C. Will he develop into a Little replacement? Or is he more likely a high skill 3C?

Expecting higher than a 3C might be optimistic, but he's got the skillset and smarts that makes me think he might be better than a 3rd liner on a good team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad