Recalled/Assigned: Jack Roslovic signs ELC [now recalled 04/02/2017]

DeepFrickinValue

Formally Ruffus
May 14, 2015
Chances of us resigning Wheels are extremely slim IMO. Not only will he be wanting the big bucks for his last contract (ala Ladd), but we'll be that much closer to the salary cap and be needing the $ to resign Ehlers, Connor, Laine etc. If I had to guess, I'd give him a 5% chance of being here beyond his current contract

Will wheels be traded at deadline if he doesn't resign? Seems a good strategy for continually replenishing cupboards.

Trade everyone rather than let them walk.

mcpw

WPG
Jan 13, 2015
Are we seriously discussing Chevy's gameplan for the 2019 deadline now?

Come on.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Chances of us resigning Wheels are extremely slim IMO. Not only will he be wanting the big bucks for his last contract (ala Ladd), but we'll be that much closer to the salary cap and be needing the $ to resign Ehlers, Connor, Laine etc. If I had to guess, I'd give him a 5% chance of being here beyond his current contract

I guess a lot would depend where the Jets are 3 years from now. Wheeler will be 33 y/o at the end of his current contract and if the Jets have become a contender or on the verge with a bunch of young stars he may be content to sign on for 2-3 more years at a fair price. 33 is a bit on the high side to get the 5-7 year big ticket contract as a UFA. Ladd was 30 and pushing it.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Will wheels be traded at deadline if he doesn't resign? Seems a good strategy for continually replenishing cupboards.

Trade everyone rather than let them walk.

Not if this team becomes what many of us believe it can be. If we are pushing into contender range you don't deal top players for more prospects. A full prospect cupboard is a means to an end not the long term goal. Once you start getting closer prospects are currency for now players. If we are still trading away the present for the future in 3 years even the most patient among us will start losing it.

Deif

Sep 20, 2014
Are we seriously discussing Chevy's gameplan for the 2019 deadline now?

Come on.

Its the dead middle of the offseason. Time to get weird. Nothing like chatter about our fringiest of prospects and the 2019 trade deadline.

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
I guess a lot would depend where the Jets are 3 years from now. Wheeler will be 33 y/o at the end of his current contract and if the Jets have become a contender or on the verge with a bunch of young stars he may be content to sign on for 2-3 more years at a fair price. 33 is a bit on the high side to get the 5-7 year big ticket contract as a UFA. Ladd was 30 and pushing it.

I think by the time we have to discuss Wheeler's re-signing the league will have fully established that you get the big bucks in your twenties, not your thirties. Teams will really be seeing the liabilities that these older guys are on their 5-6-7th years into their deals at $6+ million and a cap that isn't cooperating by going up.

Going forward in the NHL I expect that guys will sign a 6-7-8 year deal coming out of their ELC. If they do it from a self-interest standpoint they'll sign for six, meaning they'll be in the range of 21-24 when they sign it, 27-30 when they're due for their next deal. If you're on the young side of the range you'll see another 6-7 year deal and if you're on the higher end, you'll be looking at 3-4 years and probably less money.

30 will be old. 33 is ancient. 35 is retirement. Wheeler's decision will be based on his comfort in staying in the city and whether the team gives him a shot at a cup.

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb
30 will be old. 33 is ancient. 35 is retirement. Wheeler's decision will be based on his comfort in staying in the city and whether the team gives him a shot at a cup.

I don't think Jagr got the memo. ;) If anything, I see the game changing to make it easier for players to extend their careers. Slowly but surely, hockey is becoming a less brutal sport.

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
I don't think Jagr got the memo. ;) If anything, I see the game changing to make it easier for players to extend their careers. Slowly but surely, hockey is becoming a less brutal sport.

As always, the exception does not prove the rule. Jagr is amazing. So was Howe. There's a smattering of others that effectively played into their forties.

I agree it may be becoming less brutal, but if anything it is becoming faster. Not so sure that will translate as well with age. We shall see.

SIV

Mar 10, 2013
Personally, I think we should discuss whether or not we should trade Scheifele at the TD in 2026 - no time like the present! :laugh: ;)

I say we need more peewee scouts to check out those 10 year olds right now!

On a side note with Las Vegas getting an nhl team, we really need to start considering optimum mothers for a future number 1 overall pick. If we could start breeding these super athletes, we could plan a perfect tank in order to replenish this team for years to come.

:sarcasm:

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Points prediction for Roslovic with London?

If he plays close to a full season minus WJC ~55-65 games, I'd hope for atleast 90 points. Him being a draft + 2 year player I'd like to see atleast 1.5 PPG. Ideally 1.7 or higher PPG which would put him in the "blue chip" prospect category with top-6 potential

It would be great if he produced about 1.75 PPG in his draft +2 season which would put him on par with Scheifele's D+2 season. If he plays world juniors but stays healthy it would be him on pace for a 100 point season over 56 games with the Knights.

"IF" Tkatchuk comes back Jack might be able to take a run at this level of production but time will tell.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Does he really have to until the Jets decide he won't be with the Moose?

I'm sure London would take him anytime. They keep his rights all year. So even if he sticks with the Jets after training camp they would welcome him in November if the Jets decide to send him there before he hits the 10 game mark. They would welcome him in January if the Jets decide to send him there after the World Juniors. I don't think he needs to sign with the Knights before the season. He could do it later.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
Call him up and let him center the 3rd line and sit Burmi and Thorbs.
Ehlers Scheif Wheeler
Laine Roslovic Armia
Connor MP Dano
Tanev Copp Lowry

Thai jet*

Oct 23, 2014
Thailand
Call him up and let him center the 3rd line and sit Burmi and Thorbs.
Ehlers Scheif Wheeler
Laine Roslovic Armia
Connor MP Dano
Tanev Copp Lowry

Maybe try him @ 3rd line ctr because the way he is going M.P. will be lucky to get 25 pts. He is too small and fragile to play ctr in the west. The reason the Ducks let him go. Put him back on a wing.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Pretty sure Roslovic will have a develpment year with the Moose. He may play a few NHL games at some point but would be surprised if he gets more than 9 games. His ELC is destined to slide.

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
Maybe try him @ 3rd line ctr because the way he is going M.P. will be lucky to get 25 pts. He is too small and fragile to play ctr in the west. The reason the Ducks let him go. Put him back on a wing.

This is such an uninformed post considering we've played five games against the east and two against an injury depleted Stars team.

Samcanadian

Dec 13, 2011
Can't imagine Roslovic playing anywhere but the Knights next year. Better that he dominate in an area where most of the competition he's facing will be playing a similar game to the AHL/NHL style. Then when he's got a year of CHL under his belt he can come up and be yet another guy challenging to make the team next year.

I love being wrong.

10 points in 10 games baby.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad