Prospect Info: Isles Prospect Talk PART XI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
I wonder why Sorokin doesn’t like Snow?

The guy plays on the same team with Petrov . Mr Petrov may or may not have been given a fair shake here. You know , only playing in Connecticut without anyone from home like Kool Lemon or Grabovski to make him feel loved. Sorokin most likely thinks Snow is a total dueche.
I see similar talk about the Petrov connection in the Sorokin thread .

Last edited:
Reactions: Jester9881 and SI90

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011

He's a writer for NHL.com.ru (Russia)

He affirmed it was meant as until Snow is gone.

Eronko recently claimed Kovalchuk having an all but done deal with the Rangers. Kovalchuk denied it some time afterwards. Eronko is no source I would trust. There is nothing unexpected going on on the Sorokin front. He will play out his contract with CSKA first.

Jester9881

May 16, 2006
Long Island NY
Eronko recently claimed Kovalchuk having an all but done deal with the Rangers. Kovalchuk denied it some time afterwards. Eronko is no source I would trust. There is nothing unexpected going on on the Sorokin front. He will play out his contract with CSKA first.

Pretty sure Kovy can't sign until July 1st? At least they can't officially report it until then. The guy literally works for the NHL, this isn't Eklund.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Pretty sure Kovy can't sign until July 1st? At least they can't officially report it until then. The guy literally works for the NHL, this isn't Eklund.
I don't care for whom he works, I know that he has become a source of hype oriented tweets that turn out to be wrong. And Kovalchuk denied there was an almost complete deal with the Rangers.

Jester9881

May 16, 2006
Long Island NY
I don't care for whom he works, I know that he has become a source of hype oriented tweets that turn out to be wrong. And Kovalchuk denied there was an almost complete deal with the Rangers.

If there is a deal, of course he would deny it..... they would be breaking the rules. We will know for sure on July 1st. If you can't trust a writer that works directly for the NHL, I guess you can't trust anyone?

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
If there is a deal, of course he would deny it..... they would be breaking the rules. We will know for sure on July 1st. If you can't trust a writer that works directly for the NHL, I guess you can't trust anyone?
No offence, but I find your trust into brands and labels naive. Especially for their international site branches they just pay local writers for contributing. I doubt they have the means to check those guys thoroughly.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Is it really that hard to guess?

Yeah because he’s been in Russia for so long and can’t speak English. He came for one prospect camp and that was it.

I’d the report is true then it has to be something behind the scenes that we don’t don’t. How much interaction could he have had with Snow?

If this doesn’t get the owners attention I don’t know what will. If true obviously

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
Yeah because he’s been in Russia for so long and can’t speak English. He came for one prospect camp and that was it.

I’d the report is true then it has to be something behind the scenes that we don’t don’t. How much interaction could he have had with Snow?

If this doesn’t get the owners attention I don’t know what will. If true obviously
Not a lot, that's why this doesn't make sense. How the hell could Sorokin have a personal vendetta against Snow? This is just 'pile on' garbage.

Jester9881

May 16, 2006
Long Island NY
No offence, but I find your trust into brands and labels naive. Especially for their international site branches they just pay local writers for contributing. I doubt they have the means to check those guys thoroughly.

No offense taken.

I find your lack of trust disturbing
:darth:

NHL.com is likely one of if not the top gigs for sports writers specializing in the sport. To blatantly lie about a GM that very same company seems to have protected less than a couple weeks ago, seems like a pretty dumb idea in my humble opinion. Sounds like something that would likely end your service with said company.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011

I was being sarcastic, really think it’s about the money and him being comfortable playing in his home country.

Just thought it was funny that Snow was brought into this. Seriously, f*** that guy.

Reactions: SI90

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Not a lot, that's why this doesn't make sense. How the hell could Sorokin have a personal vendetta against Snow? This is just 'pile on' garbage.
Snow comes across as very arrogant, for a GM with so little on ice success.
But,I am not buying this "Sorokin is staying away because of Snow" report. I think it is much more likely Sorokin is staying away because he is making much more in the khl then he would be guaranteed to make in the nhl as a rookie.

Reactions: dood

Poliz24

Jun 25, 2012
LI
With Sweet Lou running things I'm interested to see what happens to the prospect pool.
Toews, JHS, Bellows, Aho, Vande Sompel, Wotherspoon, MDC, Soderstrom and Quenneville. Perhaps we see steady improvements with them with a HOPEFULLY better pro development department.
Most importantly, does Sweet Lou, bring over the biggest prospect of all... Sorokin.
I know he is under contract, but Sorokin didn't want to be here if Garth was.

Reactions: SI90

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany
With Sweet Lou running things I'm interested to see what happens to the prospect pool.
Toews, JHS, Bellows, Aho, Vande Sompel, Wotherspoon, MDC, Soderstrom and Quenneville. Perhaps we see steady improvements with them with a HOPEFULLY better pro development department.
Most importantly, does Sweet Lou, bring over the biggest prospect of all... Sorokin.
I know he is under contract, but Sorokin didn't want to be here if Garth was.

No telling what Lou does with our prospects and with Bridgeport in general.

I just know that Ho-Sang doesn't seem like the type of kid Lou with have much patience with.

Doubt he'll change much otherwise on this front in his first season of employment with this franchise.

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
BTW, has anyone heard about this story? I'm kind of assuming it's not us since the player involved is a prospect of a "prominent" team (whatever that means):

"There is an NHL prospect, a recent first-round pick for a top team, who is now unlikely to make it to the NHL because he’s addicted to video games."

Report: Video game addiction ruins NHL prospect’s career

Glory Days

Aug 16, 2012
Charlotte
I would think JHS is given one more chance by Lou and the Isles. He is a young good skating forward. The Isles need more of those. Lou even said in his interviews how the game has changed to being younger and faster.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
BTW, has anyone heard about this story? I'm kind of assuming it's not us since the player involved is a prospect of a "prominent" team (whatever that means):

"There is an NHL prospect, a recent first-round pick for a top team, who is now unlikely to make it to the NHL because he’s addicted to video games."

Report: Video game addiction ruins NHL prospect’s career

I saw that a few days ago and was immediately afraid it was one of ours, specifically Ho-Sang because he's posted about it before I think, but it doesn't seem like it from the information provided. Really sad. I'm a huge fan of video games but I couldn't imagine letting it get in the way of being a professional athlete where you have all of the support you could ever ask for and likely having spent a considerable amount of time invested in it already. Games don't pay the bills, unless you're really freaking good or have an interesting personality.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
I saw that a few days ago and was immediately afraid it was one of ours, specifically Ho-Sang because he's posted about it before I think, but it doesn't seem like it from the information provided. Really sad. I'm a huge fan of video games but I couldn't imagine letting it get in the way of being a professional athlete where you have all of the support you could ever ask for and likely having spent a considerable amount of time invested in it already. Games don't pay the bills, unless you're really freaking good or have an interesting personality.

I like video games as well

Jester9881

May 16, 2006
Long Island NY
Do you know something we don't know? Like who it actually is? My guess is that Jean-Pierre Ninja kid in Montreal's system. :sarcasm:

Olli Joulevi. There is a thread on the main board about it.... other names have been tossed around, but there's too much smoke around Olli for it not to be him and he's the only one that fits the criteria.

High pick out of the CHL that hasn't broken into the league. Picked by a Canadian team. Posted strong numbers in the CHL then regressed and was sent back to Europe. Was called out publicly by his coach and even healthy scratched. No one else fits the mold, not even close.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad