Pre-Game Talk: islanders vs leafs-Clinch time VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

CanadasTeam

Nov 9, 2009
Tarrana
kessel shvaed his beard = more goals tonight :P

Noooooo!! The result is usually the opposite :(

Usually I bet on the Leafs every game day but somehow I'm not feeling too optimistic coming in to tonight's game against the Isles.

Isles last 10 games played/last 10 road games record is unreal.

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton
Whats more frustrating is Boston isn't taking advantage of Montreal slide. However, I wouldn't say Montreal as a whole is doing poorly, just their goalies for some reason from what I have seen.

Boston or Montreal, we have to be ready. I was worried and scared to be honest thinking about a first round boston match up but I think we can take them.

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton
Noooooo!! The result is usually the opposite :(

Usually I bet on the Leafs every game day but somehow I'm not feeling too optimistic coming in to tonight's game against the Isles.

Isles last 10 games played/last 10 road games record is unreal.

He always seems to score more when he shaved his beard lol

I'm not too worried tbh, I know what you mean though. I think the last two game has given me an uneasy feeling.

Orfieus

Nov 2, 2012
Atlantic Canada
I really want to see Colborne play some meaningful minutes as center but I have no idea who should sit to let him play. Maybe once we clinch a playoff spot Colborne will be given a game and Grabo may sit / play on his wing.

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton
Steve staios who was hired a year or so ago is being discussed by the leafstv crew. Stating how he has been helping the juniors who are making the jump to the AHL albeit it's for the ATO or just in general as their season is over.

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton
I really want to see Colborne play some meaningful minutes as center but I have no idea who should sit to let him play. Maybe once we clinch a playoff spot Colborne will be given a game and Grabo may sit / play on his wing.

Unless grabo really really messed up, i dont think he'll be sitting down tbh.

IWD

May 28, 2003
Visit site
Was that 11 years ago? Wow. I believe this is still the greatest series I have ever watched. Leafs-Sens were great too though.

Definitely the most vicious I've ever seen. I would have loved it if it was the finals, or if it were two other teams. We were gassed at the end, yet somehow took out Ottawa. The Carolina series could have gone either way. That was a team with so much heart. I still remember Tucker and Roberts destroying Peca and Jonsson in the same game.

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton
RC:
Thinks gunnarsson is improving, hoping he'll be back in saturday
Gotta have frattin and macarthur skating, being physical shift in and out. Let's see the point.
states the obvious, need to play better than the last 6 periods because that's not the leaf's game at all and the first thing on mind not the playoffs. next period is the most important, need to outwork, outskate and what not against our opponent.
Peaks and valleys are normal for a young player like Kadri. He has a lot of offensive upside, but if he stands still and not skating, he'll regress back to making turnover.
Powerplay was critical the last game, work ethic needs improvement there.
Regarding shot count: Charts where the shots are coming from, wants to keep opponent shots below 30 and wants to get over 30 shots (obviously.) Can be done via good forecheck, grinding and so on.
We aren't focusing on the playoff talk, but the NYI game and believes this is the most important game of the season.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
RC:
Thinks gunnarsson is improving, hoping he'll be back in saturday
Gotta have frattin and macarthur skating, being physical shift in and out. Let's see the point.
states the obvious, need to play better than the last 6 periods because that's not the leaf's game at all and the first thing on mind not the playoffs. next period is the most important, need to outwork, outskate and what not against our opponent.
Peaks and valleys are normal for a young player like Kadri. He has a lot of offensive upside, but if he stands still and not skating, he'll regress back to making turnover.
Powerplay was critical the last game, work ethic needs improvement there.
Regarding shot count: Charts where the shots are coming from, wants to keep opponent shots below 30 and wants to get over 30 shots (obviously.) Can be done via good forecheck, grinding and so on.
We aren't focusing on the playoff talk, but the NYI game and believes this is the most important game of the season.

We'll see how the players respond as to what they believe is the biggest game of the year.

A flat energy game will really be disappointing.

Bowie

Rusholme Ruffians
Feb 9, 2011
London, ON
We'll see how the players respond as to what they believe is the biggest game of the year.

A flat energy game will really be disappointing.

Agreed, they better come out swinging, you'd think they would play some desperate intense hockey to clinch before slumping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad