Pre-Game Talk: islanders vs leafs-Clinch time VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

mix1home

Sep 29, 2009
Toronto,ON
Speaking of Montreal, why are they stinking up the joint all over a sudden? Are they coming back down to earth?

Options:
1) They clinched and there is not much motivation to continue pushing the pace and they are week in positional play.
2)They might want to go away from NYR match-up too. Who knows what strategy they use.
3) May be they want to go to 6th and setup Tor-Ott match-up and quietly laugh. :laugh:

PuckMagi

Apr 13, 2013
Toronto
jvr-bozak-kesse
lupul-kadri-kulemin
frattin-grabo-macarthur
leo-mclemment-orr

phaneuf-gards
franson-fraser
liles-obyrne

scratches: kostka and gunnarsson
colborne - hamilton and mclaren

great looking line up tonight!

other than maybe putting in mclaren instead of orr, these are pretty much the lines i would pick if i was coaching.

third line has been in the dog-house recently... but i think they're all very good players so hopefully they can get things going!

go leafs go!

blue82

BELEAF (win or lose)
Dec 7, 2009
Leaf Nation
Options:
1) They clinched and there is not much motivation to continue pushing the pace and they are week in positional play.
2)They might want to go away from NYR match-up too. Who knows what strategy they use.
3) May be they want to go to 6th and setup Tor-Ott match-up and quietly laugh. :laugh:

i blame carey price's new pads..this guy has been in the league long enough putting up solid numbers for me to justify using this excuse

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
Ice Chips

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/icechips/

D Carl Gunnarsson skated for about 15 minutes before his teammates on Thursday morning. Head coach Randy Carlyle said he will not play against the Islanders but he is targeted for a return on Saturday in Ottawa.

James Reimer will start in goal against the Islanders. - TSN

Lebanese Leaf

Sep 19, 2009
Toronto, ON
So the Leafs can clinch tonight with a win? With the Jets losing to Carolina?

I think that because we are facing the Islanders, and the Jets still have a game against the Islanders left in which only one of those teams can get 2 points, a win tonight by the Leafs in regulation clinches regardless of what the Jets do.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong...

stickyiki

Feb 4, 2009
Streets of Shaolin
I think that because we are facing the Islanders, and the Jets still have a game against the Islanders left in which only one of those teams can get 2 points, a win tonight by the Leafs in regulation clinches regardless of what the Jets do.

Jets losing in regulation will allow them to have a maximum of 54 points to finish the season. If Leafs win tonight and the above happens, that would put the Leafs at 55 pts, which means the Leafs won't fall out of a spot.

blue82

BELEAF (win or lose)
Dec 7, 2009
Leaf Nation

definitely not correct lol sorry...leafs still need to win and have the jets lose in regulation to clinch

Space Coyote

Oct 29, 2010

Well the article on TSN says the following:

The Maple Leafs have 53 points on the season, placing them fifth in the East, three points ahead of Ottawa and four in back of Montreal. The Isles are in seventh place with 49 points and three ahead of the New York Rangers and Winnipeg Jets.

Toronto can clinch a playoff spot on Thursday with a win and a regulation loss by the Jets in their game against Carolina.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=421084

blue82

BELEAF (win or lose)
Dec 7, 2009
Leaf Nation
think the jets game starts at 8pm..if the leafs pull this game out i wonder if theyd consider showing the rest of the jets game on the acc screen..lol probably not..but just a thought

PuckMagi

Apr 13, 2013
Toronto

i think if we win in regulation tonight. than the only way we miss is by us not getting a point in our last 4 games AND winnipeg wins every game AND the islanders win every game except for an OT loss against winnipeg... plus the rangers would have to have a good run as well.

Lebanese Leaf

Sep 19, 2009
Toronto, ON
i think if we win in regulation tonight. than the only way we miss is by us not getting a point in our last 4 games AND winnipeg wins every game AND the islanders win every game except for an OT loss against winnipeg... plus the rangers would have to have a good run as well.

Yea this is what I was I was trying to get at.

MaskedSonja

Feb 3, 2007
Formerly Tinalera
Just because I like to cover all contigencies: say Toronto went 0-5-0 (not likely, but worst case scenario:laugh:).

What would have to happen for them to still clinch?

Penalty Kill Icing*

People call Gunnar a bottom pairing D-man, but Leafs have played like **** the last two games when he has sat out.

Time to see if they can actually be any better tonight with Gunnar still out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad