Pre-Game Talk: islanders vs leafs-Clinch time VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimmy Firecracker

Fire Sheldon.
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
Forget about last game. It's in the past. Come out flying tomorrow against the Islanders. Got to be much better if we we want the win, Isles are fighting for a playoff spot.

david999

Jan 21, 2011
It will feel great when Toronto clinches, and even better if Montreal continues to skid.

leburn98

Jan 28, 2013
If the math serves me correctly, the Leafs need the following to happen with regards to the Jets (if WPG wins their remaining 5 games).

- 2 regulation wins (this would give Leafs 57 pts, enough to clinch)
- 1 reg win and an OTL (if Jets win just one game in a shootout, Leafs would get the ROW tie breaker)
- 4 OTL (not ideal put it would clinch it)

Of course, if the Jets lose two games in regulation the Leafs clinch by default without needing a win. Alternatively, if the Jets lose one in regulation and one in OTL, the Leafs would clinch based on ROW.

Parkdale

Jan 14, 2013
Toronto
This is where the team leadership has to ensure/demand that the only focus should be to get into the PO.

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
Hope the team steps up after that ugly loss. Time to get focused, not a lot of games left and need to finish strong.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Hope the team steps up after that ugly loss. Time to get focused, not a lot of games left and need to finish strong.

That's the thing. Have to finish strong. If the Leafs end up stumbling a bit here and drop to 7th or even 8th, the excitement level will diminish, at least from me.

frankthetank91

Jul 30, 2011
Hopefully we win and clinch. Also Boston plays tonight and due to the tragedy I have a feeling it will be a big emotional game and the Bruins will come out hard and hopefully destroy the Sabres, knocking the Habs back down to 4th.

LeafOfBread

Feb 25, 2010
Mississauga, ON
I don't know how to feel about this game, Islanders are one of those teams that give the Leafs random fits every now and then. Leafs have been the better team overall head-to-head for many years, but even still every year the Islanders will always have one of those games where they spank the Leafs, like that 7-4 disaster earlier this season. That game was probably my most hated of the season, how does a 3-1 lead turn into a 7-4 loss :facepalm:. Couple that with some embarrassing moments with Phaneuf and the Leafs D and it was easily one of the worst games I've ever seen. Plus it was at home and early in the season so a lot of fans were still weary of the team cause of last year's collapse, and the boo birds were out in full effect.

Hopefully, we don't see any garbage like that again on Thursday. Leafs need to contain Moulson and Tavares, both completely destroy the Leafs every time they come to TO.

If Reimer is in net though that gives me a lot more faith. Scrivens was in net for that first game and he was just awful.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Forget about last game. It's in the past. Come out flying tomorrow against the Islanders. Got to be much better if we we want the win, Isles are fighting for a playoff spot.

Only 4 points separate the Leafs from the Isles .

Big game for both team with playoffs on the line.

mcleex

Fire Parros
Jul 3, 2009
Aw man you can only put signatures if you are a sponsor, looks like I am going to copy and paste this into every msg I put

turbozone

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton
Richard Peddie ‏@RichardAPeddie 2h
13 current Leafs went thru Eakins AHL finishing school When Burke & Nonis came cupboard was bare Draft + Marlies devt really improved Club

thank you brian burke and glad he's giving him acknowledgement :)

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
Richard Peddie ‏@RichardAPeddie 2h
13 current Leafs went thru Eakins AHL finishing school When Burke & Nonis came cupboard was bare Draft + Marlies devt really improved Club

thank you brian burke and glad he's giving him acknowledgement :)

The guy got a raw deal big time. If we were a legit threat to win it all, I'd like Nonis (does he even work for the Leafs anymore? lol) to bring him back as an assistant GM to reap a little of what he sowed.

TheDream

May 3, 2011
Ontario
Imagine we don't clinch till the very last game of the season :laugh:

Dude dont even joke about this... reminds me of the NYI v NJ game that kept us out :shakehead

The leafs have to be the masters of their own destiny, gotta rebound after that horrible game yesterday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad